Cressida DickHead of the Met Police

What's Hot

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 30941
    Well, if incompetence, outcome and ineptitude is rewarded with such vigour in the music industry, I'll be playing second guitar for Floyd at Glasto.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Gassage said:
    Well, if incompetence, outcome and ineptitude is rewarded with such vigour in the music industry, 
    Or Eric Clapton getting an award for being a great father?
    1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Gassage said:
    @fretwired It is a matter of record she personally said he was 'to be stopped at all costs.'

I fail to see what part of that is hard to understand?
    She was issuing instructions to the surveillance team; "at all costs", when instructing them, cannot possibly mean "shoot him" because they don't have guns. As mentioned...she couldn't have given that order, because she didn't have the authority.

Whoever did give that order is the guilty party. If nobody did, then SO19 are guilty. In either case, CD isn't.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Gassage said:
    No. You are failing to see the relevence of key evidence.

Another point; she never stood trial! No-one ever did, other than an inquest, which is not a criminal trial, so how this jury aquitted HER is beyond me?

In point of fact when she gave evidence, she did so under the explicit caveat that she was NOT facing criminal charges.

They did, FYI, find the Met guilty of a lack of DoC to JCdM.
    There was a trial at the Old Bailey .. the Met was on trial. Some key notes:

Dick was personally exonerated by an Old Bailey jury, which found the Met guilty of failing in its duty of care to De Menezes. "Cress" Dick, as she is known, faced four days of questioning at the trial.

She was adamant she had given orders only to stop and not to shoot De Menezes and told the court of her feelings during the pursuit: "I wasn't anxious. I rarely get anxious. I don't have anxiety."

Today's IPCC report criticised her for not making it explicitly clear to her officers that, when she ordered De Menezes to be "stopped", she did not intend him to be shot and had not given an order to invoke Operation Kratos, the police anti-terrorist procedure that clears armed officers to open fire even when they have not seen a weapon.

So who gave the order to shoot and why? Military cock-up?

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    Fretwired said:
    Gassage said:
    No. You are failing to see the relevence of key evidence.

Another point; she never stood trial! No-one ever did, other than an inquest, which is not a criminal trial, so how this jury aquitted HER is beyond me?

In point of fact when she gave evidence, she did so under the explicit caveat that she was NOT facing criminal charges.

They did, FYI, find the Met guilty of a lack of DoC to JCdM.
    There was a trial at the Old Bailey .. the Met was on trial. Some key notes:

Dick was personally exonerated by an Old Bailey jury, which found the Met guilty of failing in its duty of care to De Menezes. "Cress" Dick, as she is known, faced four days of questioning at the trial.

She was adamant she had given orders only to stop and not to shoot De Menezes and told the court of her feelings during the pursuit: "I wasn't anxious. I rarely get anxious. I don't have anxiety."

Today's IPCC report criticised her for not making it explicitly clear to her officers that, when she ordered De Menezes to be "stopped", she did not intend him to be shot and had not given an order to invoke Operation Kratos, the police anti-terrorist procedure that clears armed officers to open fire even when they have not seen a weapon.

So who gave the order to shoot and why? Military cock-up?
    I'm not being rude here, but are you being deliberately obtuse?

'Stop at all costs' was her comment. That leaves no doubt whatsoever.

The word criticised is one of those irregular verbs isn't it?

"She's criticised, I'm charged with first degree murder"

Gassage said:

Sorry, but you can't convict someone on the basis of a paragraph or a Wikipedia article. Are you saying you're in a better position to make a decision than a jury which listened to detailed arguments and saw all the evidence first hand.

You're being obtuse - there was a court case in front of a jury and a separate independent enquiry.

I'll go with the jury.

I'm out.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    Fretwired said:
    Gassage said:

Sorry, but you can't convict someone on the basis of a paragraph or a Wikipedia article. Are you saying you're in a better position to make a decision than a jury which listened to detailed arguments and saw all the evidence first hand.

You're being obtuse - there was a court case in front of a jury and a separate independent enquiry.

I'll go with the jury.

I'm out.
    Both of which were roundly criticsed for obstufication, cover ups and lies!

Anyway, in a reconcilliatory manner, I think most, even you, might see this appointment is daft, insensitive, politically stupid, insulting to the family of JCdM and basically a PR disaster already.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72552
    The problem I have is that I don't believe the police evidence - any of it that isn't directly corroborated by hard evidence from elsewhere - so it's very hard to know if the jury were misled or not. A jury can only find on the basis of the evidence presented, and there have been well-known miscarriages of justice that have been caused by the police deliberately falsifying evidence… and that's in cases which *don't* usually have a direct bearing on their responsibility for a death. We already know they lied about some key parts of what happened in the station.

We simply don't know, and will probably never know - because to convincingly clear her would most likely implicate some other part of the police, and she isn't going to allow the opposite now - how much responsibility she bears.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

I wouldn't have appointed her as Met Police Chief. If she had any sense she'd quit in the public interest (or whatever its called these days).

• Gassage said:
    Anyway, in a reconcilliatory manner, I think most, even you, might see this appointment is daft, insensitive, politically stupid, insulting to the family of JCdM and basically a PR disaster already.
    Whether CD was or was not directly responsible for the 'murder' of JCdM she was a key member of the team involved in the incident.  Maybe CD was the best candidate for the role, which fares very poorly for the Met. 

Considering her/the Met's fuck up with JCdM and the ongoing 'war on terror'/incidents of terrorism in France/Belgium, it fares very poorly for London in the coming future.  With CD at the helm there is the distinct possibility of more fuck ups taking place. 
  • Gassage said:
    Well, if incompetence, outcome and ineptitude is rewarded with such vigour in the music industry, 
    Or the forum prize for the least tasteful comment ever....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72552
    Fretwired said:

If she had any sense she'd quit in the public interest (or whatever its called these days).
    It's called "an old-fashioned practice no-one actually bothers with any more." Do you think this is the 20th century or something?

If really essential, it's called "stepping down due to stress and moving to a new job we've just made up which has the same salary but no purpose".

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Gassage said:
    Too soon?  

Come on, my comments about Josef Fritzel were far more deserving. 
  • Gassage said:
    Too soon?  

The guy lost his son in tragic circumstances - if you feel making a joke about this is fair game, there is something seriously wrong with your moral compass.

Time has fuck all to do with it....
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3498
    edited February 2017
    Gassage said:
    Too soon?  

The guy lost his son in tragic circumstances - if you feel making a joke about this is fair game, there is something seriously wrong with your moral compass.

A guy who made a racist tirade and said it was a joke and never apologised. 

The moral compass is there for sure.... 
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24845
    edited February 2017
    Gassage said:
    Too soon?  

Whether you believe that or not does not give you the right to make a joke out of someone losing their child - and it wasn't just his loss - it was the child's mother's loss (and extended family's) as well.

Why not have the courage of your convictions and start your own an 'Isn't Eric Clapton a Shit' thread?

Just what the forum needs - another Drew....
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3498
    edited February 2017
    Gassage said:
    Too soon?  

Whether you believe that or not does not give you the right to make a joke out of someone losing their child - and it wasn't just his loss - it was the child's mother's loss (and extended family's) as well.

Why not have the courage of your convictions and start your own an 'Isn't Eric Clapton a Shit' thread?

Just what the forum needs - another Drew....
    Mr Homer, I made a 'joke' about the suitability of CD for the Met Police. 

I have little inclination for this issue to continue any further then it has done already and I am offering an apology for the statements which were seen to be offensive.  
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Gassage said:
    Too soon?  

It's nowt to do with Clapton and his personage....

...You broke rule #1.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    Babones said:
    "Ms Dick's new post commands a salary of £270,648, plus benefits."

Crikey! Maybe she'll be able to afford a decent haircut now.
    ah - but she has to workaround her enormous 'chimpanzee' ears though...

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/WK6fcclT5xM/0.jpg

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

No it wasn't - notes of her commands simply said "Stop him" - they showed them on C4 News last night.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback