Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Clarks shoes.

What's Hot

Comments

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11314
    Iamnobody said:
    I always wear Clarkes - the do half sizes and modern styles. Very comfortable shoes as well.
    I hate the "our shoes don't come in half sizes" snotiness of some shops. My feet DO come in half sizes.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader

+1. I wear nothing but Clarks now, as they fit my wide feet, and they have 1/2 sizes.

The quality is really good too. I keep an eye out for the sales and buy last years styles at about half price.

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    I remember when they were all the rage for young'uns too...

https://beingdrusilla.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/clarks-commandos.jpg

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Clarks was a nightmare with kids. We would turn up, get a ticket and wait forever. Millions of other kids running around screaming, all our kids bored out of their minds. Me just glad I didn't bring my gun as I'd probably have blown my brains out.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22971
    57Deluxe said:
    I remember when they were all the rage for young'uns too...

I remember Clarks Commandos, and the "secret symbol" on the heel. :)  Don't remember the Commando's handbook though, maybe my mum chucked them out.  :(

Pretty good marketing campaign, it made getting new school shoes something to look forward to, instead of a chore.  Having said that, the shoe shop we went to in Mumbles had a funky machine for measuring your shoe size and I always liked that too.
  • LoFiLoFi Frets: 534
    <Reads thread>
    <Looks at shoe rack of Church's and Jeffrey Wests>
    <Backs away from thread>
    ;)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3911
    Deadman said:
    I've been a lover of the 60's Clark's Originals for a long time now. Wallabees and desert boots mostly.
    Same. That's the Johnny Marr influence on me again (although his desert boots were Birkenstocks).

When I was about 10, it was all about Clarks Commandos.
    With a nice clean cut pair of dark blue Levis no doubt. Chuck a nice shirt or T shirt into the mix and that's my usual going out gear.
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5003
    LoFi said:
    <Reads thread>
    <Looks at shoe rack of Church's and Jeffrey Wests>
    <Backs away from thread>
    ;)
    Not down with Wu Tang and Vybz Kartel?
  • I have two pairs, they're sort of cool leathery/suede shoes and yes, they're awesome
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17641
    tFB Trader
    I wear Clarks but I have zero interest in being cool.

Usually they are good but the heels have worn though on a pair that were £120 less than a year ago so I might not bother in future.
  • I wear Clarks but I have zero interest in being cool.

Usually they are good but the heels have worn though on a pair that were £120 less than a year ago so I might not bother in future.
    I agree - barefoot sounds like the way forward....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33803

octatonic said:
    octatonic said:
    Check out Redwing Ironrangers.
    Supremely comfortable and hard wearing.
    And only 3 times more expensive than Clarks :)
    Details, schmeetails!
    Those looks great! Definitely on the list for when my current boots wear out.
    They are excellent. I like the models with the cork nitrite sole but a lot of people prefer the 'commando' sole, which is black.
    Also look at the Beckman model- quite similar but don't have the triple stitched toe cap, so a bit more formal.

If you want the ultimate in luxury then check out Wolverine 1000 mile- I have one pair of those for formal occasions, they aren't as hard wearing due to the leather sole.
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited February 2017

You're fired.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • I have fond memories of Clarks school shoes, mainly because I used to get a free pair every term!

Remember their kid proof shoe guarantee?
     Well they had a pool of kids who used to wear the shoes then their boffins would assess the level of wear- if the shoes had survived a term on my (our) feet they were "kid proof".
    Having kids now I REALLY appreciate how good this must have been for my parents. 

Ironically i tend not to buy them very often now, despite finding them very comfortable, because I don't find them particularly hard wearing. I do love my waterproof, furry lined winter boots though. 
  • @octatonic I've lusted after those 1000 miles for years. I "made do" with a very cheap pair from an Office sale which have actually lasted fantastically well. Must be 5 years old at least and have only needed a minor bit of re-stitching.,

My only concern is sizing as I have super flat narrow feet, so a lot of boots are HUGE on me :(
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • I wear Clarks but I have zero interest in being cool.

Take them back - they'll replace them.
    tFB Trader
    I wear Clarks but I have zero interest in being cool.

Take them back - they'll replace them.
    Unfortunately I don't think I have the receipt
    tFB Trader
    Has anyone tried Solovair shoes as an alternative to doc martins?
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33803
    @octatonic I've lusted after those 1000 miles for years. I "made do" with a very cheap pair from an Office sale which have actually lasted fantastically well. Must be 5 years old at least and have only needed a minor bit of re-stitching.,

My only concern is sizing as I have super flat narrow feet, so a lot of boots are HUGE on me :(
    I wear my Ironrangers most of the time, they are great on the bike, in the workshop, walking about, but the W1000M's are just so comfortable.