Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Clarks shoes.

What's Hot

Comments

• I wear Clarks but I have zero interest in being cool.

Usually they are good but the heels have worn though on a pair that were £120 less than a year ago so I might not bother in future.
    Take them back - they'll replace them.
    Unfortunately I don't think I have the receipt
    They gave me store credit at current prices when I did the same without a receipt. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonic said:
    @octatonic I've lusted after those 1000 miles for years. I "made do" with a very cheap pair from an Office sale which have actually lasted fantastically well. Must be 5 years old at least and have only needed a minor bit of re-stitching.,

My only concern is sizing as I have super flat narrow feet, so a lot of boots are HUGE on me :(
    I wear my Ironrangers most of the time, they are great on the bike, in the workshop, walking about, but the W1000M's are just so comfortable.

Hmm, maybe worth a try next time i'm in the UK and can take advantage of online return policies!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I don't wear leather so finding shoes is a bit of a pain. I still have some old suede boots which make do as posh, but I need a proper pair.
    My V key is broken
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    holnrew said:
    I don't wear leather so finding shoes is a bit of a pain. I still have some old suede boots which make do as posh, but I need a proper pair.
    Is that on account of methane emissions?  You know the steers get eaten anyway right?
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • Clarke's are not cool and they are never going to be..... however a middle aged man in a pair of Clarke's looks a lot less of a dick than a middle aged man in a pair of converse 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    edited February 2017
    These are the most comfortable footwear available today 

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    edited February 2017
    I'm guessing i don't fit in around here then ?

New Rocks.....
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33803
    Some of you are one step away from buying Crocs.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    I get real pain (plantar fasciitis) if I wear dress shoes. Nightmare. Glad my retail job allows trainers otherwise even 30 mins on my feet is torture let alone 8.5 hours!

But a couple years ago I needed some for a few funerals that all happened within like 2 months. So I thought I'd try Clarks and get a decent pair to see if they were more bearable.

Hell yeah they are! Don't hurt the top of my foot, or cause blisters, and they most importantly let me stand for ages without severe pain setting in. Theyre comfy, didn't need ANY breaking in as they were soft and bendy from new. Black leather, lace ups with a squareish toe, but look modern and young and the soles are grippy rubber, none of this slippery hard shite that taps as you walk along.

Girlfriend had a right laugh at the time, I was 26 and she came out with the whole 'Clarks is for old men and totally uncool'.

I put my comfy yet durable Clarks on and kicked her ass out my life!
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2806
    Deadman said:
    I've been a lover of the 60's Clark's Originals for a long time now. Wallabees and desert boots mostly.
    Same. That's the Johnny Marr influence on me again (although his desert boots were Birkenstocks).

When I was about 10, it was all about Clarks Commandos.
    I'll "third" that on the Originals.  It's a really good range.  Look great, fairly well made and I can usually pick up a pair in "the Sale".

axisus said:
    On the rare occasions that I wear shoes (weddings & funerals) I just dig out my trust old Asda £10 pair.

Clarks was a nightmare with kids. We would turn up, get a ticket and wait forever. Millions of other kids running around screaming, all our kids bored out of their minds. Me just glad I didn't bring my gun as I'd probably have blown my brains out.
    I'll "second" that on the shopping at Clark's with the kids.  So true.
  • octatonic said:
    Nothing wrong with that mate.

http://geekologie.com/2016/08/05/croc-martens.jpg
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    octatonic said:
    Nothing wrong with that mate.

http://geekologie.com/2016/08/05/croc-martens.jpg

The holes are there for your dignity and self-esteem to flow out

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5003
    Has anyone tried Solovair shoes as an alternative to doc martins?
    Got a friend who swears by them.

They are essentially proper DMs. 
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6265
    RobDavies said:
    I recently bought a pair of Clarks shoes for the first time.  I'd always considered them to be a bit 'old man' but I found a pair of hi-top style trainers (Lorsen Top) that I really liked on their outlet shop, so I pulled the trigger. 

Blimey... they're the most comfortable shoes I've ever had and really well made, too.  

But, is it acceptable to wear Clarks? My kids think it's hilarious... 

Clarks are good for desert boots, Wallabies, and some of the ORiginals line. Other than that, the answer is a very firm NO.

Remember the massively stiff goonish history teachers at school? THe ones with the minty jackets, junbo cords, and dog breath? They wore Clarks shoes.
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6265
    octatonic said:
    Check out Redwing
    this.

Shoes/boots that will last a lifetime. Got 2 pairs. One, the Beckmans are the best boots Ive had. Needed a bit of wearing in, but they are one seriously ace pair of boots. Worth every penny. Other ones are the 6 inch Moc, brill.

As are Grenson's.

Shoes/boots are one of the few things that really are worth spending good money on. Cheap shoes = false economy. And bad feet.

Pointy brown shoes are the worst things in the world. Rank.
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2328
    Worked at Clarks for 6 years at the HQ. Great place, but I personally thought the quality of the shoes had gone down over the years.

Never liked their trainer/waterproof hiking type shoe, but they do very good  formal work shoes that are generally comfortable and well wearing..
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    thomasw88 said:
    Worked at Clarks for 6 years at the HQ. Great place, but I personally thought the quality of the shoes had gone down over the years.

Never liked their trainer/waterproof hiking type shoe, but they do very good  formal work shoes that are generally comfortable and well wearing..
    You a street lad?
    My V key is broken
  • RobDavies said:
    octatonic said:
    My father in law swears by them.
    He's 82.
    This is what I'm afraid of....

@octatonic is only joshing with you. His father-in-law is only 62...

... but when he puts his Clarks on - he looks 82.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ah yes, I remember hating getting my feet measured as a kid, almost as much as I hated going to the barbers.  Then one year I got a "funny feeling"  when the pretty shop assistant lady bent down with a loose fitting blouse on to measure my feet.  Things looked up from there a bit but I'm still waiting for the call to go out on my secret commando mission...
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>