Haye Bellew

What's Hot
Anyone watching tonight?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    edited March 2017
    Yep. Just a money fight and a stepping stone for Haye to get to Joshua  - can't see Bellew winning. Can you?

That said I'd love to see Haye get knocked out!
    Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I've been instructed to watch as his Aunty works at my place. But I find boxing "meh!" so I'll be catching up on virtual violence instead ;)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1954
    I'll happily watch Anthony Joshua and Chris Eubank Jr, but watching David Haye and Amir Khan is a struggle for me; they're just so tragic.

I've consciously avoided the Haye vs Bellew promos, because Boxing is ruined by that guff - I'll probably just watch the highlights.

I hope it's good if you've paid to see it.
  • TelejesterTelejester Frets: 743
    When a fighter starts the old the other guy aint gonna live routine then that means crap ticket sales and staged animosity, think ill give this one a miss.
  • @schozz - yes, I've paid. I am into my boxing and there are some quality fights on the undercard so I am confident it'll be good value. 

@Iamnobody I can only see Haye winning. He has genuine finishing power and I've never seen a fight when Bellew didn't get hit. That said he has a good dig himself. Bellew will spoil and try to keep it at range until the second half of the fight.

What did you do about the electric drums Steve?
    Drums on hold for now @placidcasual79 pending some remodelling of the house!

I might end up with a spare room to put them in yet so didn't want to rush in and pay for the folding set.

What did you do about the job?! 
  • Sounds good. 

I took it. Starting in April. How are you getting on?
    edited March 2017
    Sounds good. 

I took it. Starting in April. How are you getting on?
    I took it - starting end of March.
  • I am looking forward to it now - a change can be refreshing and help you grow

Hope it goes well for you @Iamnobody - enjoy the fight! 
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3919
    I like both of them but I'd like to see Bellew win. I just can't bring myself to pay and can't be arsed to go to my local viewing parlour.
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7219
    A good big un will usually beat a good little 'un.

Not that Bellew is a little one by our standards but he's little for a heavyweight.

Can't see it going past 6 rounds but can see a point where Bellew is forced to trade punches which may be good.
    Wasnt haye supposed to retire at 30 ? He must be skint.
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7219
    edited March 2017
    I doubt he's skint but since he said that (10 years ago ?) the appeal of the heavyweight division has dwindled imho. You've got mayweather / pacquiao plus MMA stealing a lot of the thunder so I don't think he's earned the money he probably expected to (in saying that he's doing well tonight as PPV figures are really good) This is all my theory of course although I do have a few links with Haye and apparently he's a decent guy who is pretty grounded away from the ring.
  • @DrCornelius - I agree - I am sure Bellew will want to take it into the second half of the fight before making a move - I think he'll try to win it at distance with a stick and move type approach (which we've seem him do before). That could make it a dull fight. However, there is no denying both these fighters have genuine knock out power. 

@telejester - there are persistent rumours that Haye has money problems and has to continue boxing for that reason
    Imo joshua is a potential undisputed champion in the waiting and im sure haye wants a slice of that action ( £ )
  • @telejest - I am not sure they'll fight. If Joshua beats Klitshcko in April he'll be beyond Haye's reach. Though I am sure that fight would do big numbers in the UK, Joshua won't need it and it's probably an unnecessary risk. 
    THE HW fight i want to see is joshua v wilder, though a prediction is difficult because both have beaten a lot of mediocre oppostion
  • NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    I fancied watching it but I didn't want to pay £17 for the privilege...
  • Yeah - I think that fights likely to happen - given they are both devastating punchers I am sure they'll only do it when there are big belts on the line. 
    Its a difficult fight to call. But Imo Joshua would be favourite - he has a better all round skill set. Wilder can often look poor for large portions of fights that he ends up winning as a result of his devastating power. Would be an exciting fight. 
    The New Zealand heavy weight Joseph Parker also looks good (though Ive only seen three of his fights on TV). 
  • Belew gonna win this, Haye hurt badly after twisting ankle. Getting knocked about a bit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom