Haye Bellew

What's Hot

Comments

• Towel thrown in by Hayes corner. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7219
    Wow ! Wasn't expecting that . Anyone watch it ? Had radio 5 on and it sounded like a cracking fight. Feel bad for Haye as it sounded like he was totally exposed once his ankle had gone 
  • handsomerikhandsomerik Frets: 1007
    I don't follow boxing.

When I saw your thread title I though it was a Minion saying hello. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    Got to give Haye a lot of respect for that. Limping around nearly unable to stand and Bellew still couldn't finish him. Like a scene from Rocky. Incredible heart. 

• there are persistent rumours that Haye has money problems and has to continue boxing for that reason
    Genuine question. How the fuck do these high price boxers end up with "money problems"? One of their fights and I'd be be set for life, sayonara motherfuckers.

Is it that they get ripped off by promoters, or is it all the punching in the head just makes them all stupid? Seems to be quite prevalent...
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Was a very boring fight to be honest. Even before Hayes injury he was just swinging uncontrollably 
  • fobfob Frets: 1431
    I wanted Bellew to win at the beginning but Haye to win at the end. Bellew's post-fight interview was a little much to take - he was shooting fish in a barrel and still couldn't hit anything. Haye was pretty canny with the humbleness in his interview - if he can get into fighting condition again he will know Bellew can't do too much.
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3497
    At times it was like seeing two drunk uncles at a barbecue fighting over the last beer. 

I have some new found admiration for David Haye to continue in the ring after picking up the injury. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23012
    Was a very boring fight to be honest. Even before Hayes injury he was just swinging uncontrollably 
    It sounded great on the radio!  But Mike Costello is very good at making things sound more exciting than they really are - not in a dishonest way, he's just a very enthusiastic commentator.

I'm glad Bellew won, but Haye handled himself very well in the post-fight interviews.  It may just be more strategy and mind games, but I like to think the things they say after a fight are more genuine than the things they say before. 
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 990
    Just got back home from the pub. 

Awful fight, wasn't a good advertisement for boxing.

And the undercards tonight were awful as well.
  • TelejesterTelejester Frets: 743
    Radio 5 live made it sound like the thrilla in manilla, some of you are saying it was more like a bare knuckled pikey punch up.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I watched it. 

It wasn't a the greatest display of technical boxing ever...... like many high profile sporting match ups the tension and the amount on the line inhibited the competitors ability to display their best abilities. 

The injury obviously played a HUGE role in the fight - Haye was seriously incapacitated for the majority of the fight. 

There was certainly a lot of drama, courage and sportsmanship displayed. 

It wasn't one for the boxing purist...... but I am sure for the causal fan there was plenty of drama 
  • agibboagibbo Frets: 102
    That was the first big boxing match I've watched in a while. It reminded me why I've turned to watching UFC instead!
  • agibbo said:
    That was the first big boxing match I've watched in a while. It reminded me why I've turned to watching UFC instead!
    Pity for you @agibbo ;
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • agibboagibbo Frets: 102
    edited March 2017
    I bet any casual observer would enjoy tonights UFC headline fight of Woodley v Thompson, more than Haye v Bellew!
  • Perhaps  your right. UFC seems to being seems to be relentlessly gaining in popularity in recent years and I have to confess  I didn't see the Woodley/Thompson fight. Was it good?

That said last time I checked there was little congruence between popularity and quality. 
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1954
    edited March 2017
    Lol please - Nothing like a good ole betting scam after the weigh in

Haye over-sold it, but some have obviously lapped it up

I've seen the white belts spar with more intent at Karate class - It was all wild swings with no power

I too would rather watch UFC
  • Schnozz said:
    Lol please - Nothing like a good ole betting scam after the weigh in

Haye over-sold it, but some have obviously lapped it up

I've seen the white belts spar with more intent at Karate class - It was all wild swings with no power

I too would rather watch UFC
    What can I say? Some people prefer Busted to Led Zeppelin.....

I love good betting scam @Schnozz what do you know?
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30931
    That was the best Scouser v Amputee battle since the divorce of Paul McCartney and Heather Mills.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    Too bad, I was rooting for Haye, I like the guy. Not only did he battle on, but after the fight he didn't use the injury as an excuse, he said the better man won on the night. 

Personally I don't think that you can 'retire' from boxing for a few years then come back. A few people can, but I think that you need to keep the hunger, desire and physical condition going.