Haye Bellew

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• sev112sev112 Frets: 2778
    My wife tells me that Belew broke his hand in the 2nd round? Is that right ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1954
    sev112 said:
    If he did, he broke it on air:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKpR4pq_fgQ

It's more obvious when the picture's good enough to see all the fake grimacing and 'I'm gonna swing now' faces, but you can see what a joke it is here ^

• there are persistent rumours that Haye has money problems and has to continue boxing for that reason
    Genuine question. How the fuck do these high price boxers end up with "money problems"? One of their fights and I'd be be set for life, sayonara motherfuckers.

Is it that they get ripped off by promoters, or is it all the punching in the head just makes them all stupid? Seems to be quite prevalent...
    The boxers have to pay for their own training camps- bringing in sparring partners etc. It isn't cheap.
    Those paydays are massive injections of money, but are infrequent & should you lose then you're not getting the win bonus. For every Mayweather there are 10 journeymen taking too many fights because they can't afford not to.

@Placidcasual79 apparently the UFC main event wasn't that good. Not much action till the end. I was really disappointed with Khabib having to come off the card- that was the fight I wanted to see, so I didn't stay up for it.

I'm falling out of  love with the UFC- they seem to be going down the line that has crippled boxing for years of allowing fighters to pick their fights (so long as both parties make as much money as possible) and avoid dangerous opponents. It used to be that the top guys in each division would inevitably fight, but that doesn't seem to be the case due to things like Connor picking opponents, Bisping V Hendo & GSP getting Bisping (which is ridiculous- & I'm a big GSP fan). 
    All the interim titles are devaluing the belts too... ho hum. 

I love training MMA (& Boxing to a lesser degree), but I don't watch it all that often anymore.
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 628
    Watched it on yoo choob this morning, glad Bellew got it but think that Haye wasn`t beat but just didn't win due to injury.

• IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    Tone71 said:
    Watched it on yoo choob this morning, glad Bellew got it but think that Haye wasn`t beat but just didn't win due to injury.

Haye had 6 rounds to win it...

Bellew took some shots and stuck to the game plan. It's a shame the injury clouded the bout.

In his post-fight interview Bellew claims he was exhausted in rd's 7 & 8 and didn't get his second wind until later. He also claims he was telling Haye to quit and didn't want to hurt him...
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    sev112 said:
    I haven't heard or read that anywhere...
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • TelejesterTelejester Frets: 743
    agibbo said: 
    I bet any casual observer would enjoy tonights UFC headline fight of Woodley v Thompson, more than Haye v Bellew!
    I have been a boxing fan all my life. I revelled in the true super fights of the 80 but i gotta say that boxing has fallen mightily. This may ve sacrilege , but if you want to see action, its in womens mma, those girls take no prisoners and no suchbthing as a mindnumbing 12 round draw.
  • monkey42monkey42 Frets: 341
    Poor fight in my opinion. Haye lost it rather than Belew won it. Haye was boxing on one leg for half the fight and still couldn't be put away.

and yes, the hey day of the 70s and 80s heavyweight is long gone
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30931
    Best I've seen Belew since the Bowie tour in 1990.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 628
    Iamnobody said:
    Tone71 said:

Haye had 6 rounds to win it...

Bellew took some shots and stuck to the game plan. It's a shame the injury clouded the bout.

In his post-fight interview Bellew claims he was exhausted in rd's 7 & 8 and didn't get his second wind until later. He also claims he was telling Haye to quit and didn't want to hurt him...
    Fair enough, I only watched from the 4th to be fair and I like Bellew, decent, down to earth fighter shows what a sportsman he is if he was telling Haye to quit when he obviously knew he had an injury.

Glad I didn`t spend 17 quid on it though.
  • To be fair it was the best battle between a Scouser and someone with one leg since Paul McCartney divorced Heather Mills. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • snakemanStoosnakemanStoo Frets: 1708
    Gassage said:
    That was the best Scouser v Amputee battle since the divorce of Paul McCartney and Heather Mills.
    To be fair it was the best battle between a Scouser and someone with one leg since Paul McCartney divorced Heather Mills. 
    Anyone else experiencing deja vu?
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Gassage said:
    That was the best Scouser v Amputee battle since the divorce of Paul McCartney and Heather Mills.
    To be fair it was the best battle between a Scouser and someone with one leg since Paul McCartney divorced Heather Mills. 
    Is there an echo in here?
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2414
    Gassage said:
    An echo? Plagiarism more like!
  • frank1985frank1985 Frets: 523
    hehe, love it! 
  • beed84 said:
    Gassage said:
    An echo? Plagiarism more like!
    Well this is embarrassing... I hadn't read the whole thread. 
    I apologise wholeheartedly. 
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Gassage said:
    I think you'll find its called delay!
  • ennspek said:
    Gassage said:
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    ennspek said:
    Gassage said:
    That was definitely echo..