Band Advice drugs.......

What's Hot
14567810»

Comments

• professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    rico said:
    Sorry to hear that Ben. 

At the rehearsal rooms a few weeks ago there was a sludge band hotboxing the gents toilet. 4 blokes with a bong by the urinals...what the fuck! I think they were banned as we haven't seen (or smelled them) since. 
    Wow. 

Sounds like a band going places lol. 

I agree. Genuinely can't think of one single band that ever did well while taking drugs.
    Exactly. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • starwarsnosebleedstarwarsnosebleed Frets: 2357
    edited April 2017
    Even Cliff Richard injected heroin into his ballsack before writing 'Mistletoe and wine'.

*That may be untrue*
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24580
    Even Cliff Richard injected heroin into his ballsack before writing 'Mistletoe and wine'.

*That may be untrue*
    I've thought about doing that a few times whilst being forced to listen to it...
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7287
    Without weed this would be a shorter song

ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kinkin Frets: 1015

*That may be untrue*
    Excellent, for a change I really did laugh out loud.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Gassage said:

my point is not about the effects of the drug on the human body, it's about the associated criminal element that goes hand in hand with obtaining a controlled substance. 

So decriminalising it (it is partly decriminalised already) would meet with your fullest support I assume?

Re aggression, there's SO many studies that proof conclusively that alcohol is simply the most destructive drug in society when it comes to aggression, domestic violence and social violence. One study suggested it was 40 times worse than weed.

The Police themselves would absolutely agree with that too.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/07/20/researchers-have-finally-found-out-why-youre-such-a-mean-drunk/?utm_term=.24cd49f3cb1c

Well according to the .Gov website it's a Class B narcotic, possession wins you 5 years in jail, an unlimited fine or both. 

The government (under advisement from experts prob far more qualified than you or I) deem it as dangerous as Barbiturates, Amphetamines and Ketamine. 
    It was reclassified at the insistence of  then PM, Gordon Brown, AGAINST professional advice, as it goes...
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    DesVegas said:
    digitalscream said:
    DesVegas said:
    So......... 
    they kicked me out of the band.
    Wow, really? Good for them. At least they can be in a band now where the music can be fun.
    Dick move.

Sure was, well you have quoted it now so can't be deleted.

he asked us for advice, which we all gave, which was to leave and he got fired. 
    A post being quoted hasn't stopped us before, especially when there's a clear rule #1 violation. Up to the other admins.

Everyone else seems to be able to manage grown-up sympathy, you could always try it instead of smug self-satisfaction.
    I honestly took Des's post as a joke...  :3
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4537
    @usedtobe cheers to you Holmes
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    DesVegas said:
    It's all gravy, I'm in a new group, utilising my flanger to the full  ;)
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14432
    Simple rule of thumb. Work first, party afterwards. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24580
    DesVegas said:
    It's all gravy, I'm in a new group, utilising my flanger to the full  ;)
    Bet you end up playing your Tele in this band and the others end up saying "dude, what are you smoking?"