What is your favourite pint of beer ?

What's Hot

Comments

• KKJaleKKJale Frets: 982
    Harvey's Sussex Best.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Everyone seems to be posting about ale, which is not a taste I have managed to acquire (yet).

The best pint I've ever had was the first, and so far only, time I had Samuel Smith's Taddy Lager. I don't even know what it was about it, but it was just very, very nice. Out of the lagers that regularly appear on tap in bars and pubs round here, Kronenbourg and Peroni are my favourites.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Women
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • Summer lighting - Hop back brewery
    Timothy Taylor Landlord
    Old speckled Hen
    Archers Golden
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3067
    Nitefly said:
    RobDavies said:
    It won't be a pint but it will be an ice cold, 660ml bottle of Keo...in the Cyprus sunshine in mid August.  

You can can get it in some branches of Tesco but it doesn't travel that well.  Still nice, but not quite the same as supping it on the island where it was brewed.  
    Dead right, @RobDavies we'll be there in May doing exacty that, although I don't mind it on draught either...
    Last year we went to the Aphrodite's Rock brewery just outside Paphos, had a very pleasant afternoon trying their various brews.

We stay near Paphos.... will have to check out the brewery (and get the missus to drive). 
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1540
    Maynehead said:

This is not the greatest beer in the world, this is just a.........
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16725
    edited March 2017
    The problem answering a difficult question like this comes down to consistency of brews, variability of pubs and the differences between cask and bottle/can/keg

so I would say a pint of landlord in the boathouse circa 1998.  Or a Kimberly Classic straight from the barrel at the Coopers up to 2005.
  • TelejesterTelejester Frets: 743
    I would love to order a pint of old fart, cant believe there is a beer with that name
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    edited March 2017
    I like to support as many Welsh breweries as possible:

http://i.imgur.com/Pz9xtPl.jpg
    You forgot the Tiny Rebel, clart! I loves it, I does.

The Guinness in Dublin, at least in the 90s, was OK but nothing special because most pre-poured half pints sit too long on the bar. In the countryside though, it was lovely. Some pubs in Brighton used to get Irish Guinness sent over when I was there in the 90s.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4310
    Sharp's Wolf Rock

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• GassageGassage Frets: 30928
    edited March 2017
    I don't drink much, but Batham's is quite amazing when you try it as I am sure @Wazmeister of this parish may agree.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• For me it's Eastgate brewed by a small company outside of Chester http://www.weetwoodales.co.uk/beers/ .  I started with their Cheshire Cat but went off that to find the Eastgate suited my tastes perfect. Now I can't stop drinking it!

• snakemanStoosnakemanStoo Frets: 1708
    In general one that is bought by someone else
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320

Lovely stuff
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4703
    I hate beer.  End of.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    Possibly the wrong thread to post in then
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4671
    i finished a beer challenge last year , 365 different beers in one year, IPA, Stouts and Porters mainly 

Mikkeller/ Siren Craft Daydream was superb, easily the best Stout i had, extremely hard to find, and i believe they wont ever brew it again as it was so difficult to get it right, but by god they DID get it right :-) 

Theakstons Barrista was also brilliant and slightly easier to find 

and Sam Smiths Oatmeal Stout 

• CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    Very unfussy about beer. I drink a lot of it but couldn't reliably tell one from another. Just as happy with a Fosters as I am with some beardy local ale.
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    Jalapeno said:
    Draught Doom Bar
    Ruled out on the basis its not beer. It just brown water....

ICBM said:
    Favourite *pint* - on draught as opposed to other measures or means of delivery - Harviestoun Schiehallion. Tastes like a cross between a great Pilsner-style lager and an IPA… crisp and extremely refreshing but with tons of subtle flavour.

We used to get that down in the Midlands about 15 years ago, a really nice pint. Don't see it so much now. Also used to get  Deuchars back when it tasted of something, and 80/-. Rarely see those either now.

Favourite beer depends on the mood, the weather, how long you've got (i.e how many you're going to have) and the availability of pork scratchings!

Thornbridge Jaipur.
    Oakham Citra, Green Devil, Bishops Farewell, Inferno and Hawse Buckler
    Titanic Plum Porter
    Blue Monkey Infinity+1, Ape Ale
    Kelham Island Pale Rider
    Abbeydale Absolution

In Nottingham we are very well blessed for really good pubs. Nottingham Camra were right at the head of the beer revolution 25 years ago and the Robin Hood Beer Festival has always been the biggest in the country (by numbers of beers). They also did a huge amount to publicise real ale, producing an excellent monthly magazine. They are also responsible for the LocalE scheme. Other places seem to be catching up now which is great.