I tried the new Marshall jubilee combo!

What's Hot

Comments

• Danny1969 said:
    I had the original 100 watt with matching silver jubilee cab, I gig'ed it all over the place with a home made power brake.

Once at Highbury college I played a whole gig with the amp on full pelt .... immense sound

Have to say though, there are better more "Marshally" sounding Marshall's than Jubilee's. The head in the picture was flogged on by me for about £250 ish I think and the cab for about £180. I  brought another Marshall 100 watt head for £100, that's all they were worth in the eighties when rack gear was becoming popular 
    Marshall, hot pink Ibanez and High Tops. 
    Thats my kind of band right there!!!!!
    dont even need to hear you play!!!!
    sweet. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10496
    Lol ..... It was the days of Miami Vice Golf Gti's and yuppies wearing pink shirts with  braces 

i wish I had kept the amp but no one wanted old fashioned heads all wanted rack stuff and ten ton of effects 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31030
    On a totally separate note (sorry!) as you mention matching cabs, have you seen this kick-ass looking HT1RH with matching cab (I don't need a cab)? 
    http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/electric_amps_detail.asp?stock=160406296786008

Easily the worst valve amp I have ever played. Horrendous.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Gassage said:
    On a totally separate note (sorry!) as you mention matching cabs, have you seen this kick-ass looking HT1RH with matching cab (I don't need a cab)? 

I quite like the looks, it reminds me of a Caramac. 
  • Danny1969 said:
    Lol ..... It was the days of Miami Vice Golf Gti's and yuppies wearing pink shirts with  braces 

i wish I had kept the amp but no one wanted old fashioned heads all wanted rack stuff and ten ton of effects 
    You had the special edition Miami Vice Golf GTi??!!! 
    Wel jel mate. 
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    Gassage said:

You've obviously never had to play through a series 1, easily the most hateful shit I've ever had the misfortune to use.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72854
    I've played through many *far* worse amps than the HT-1R, or even any Blackstar, and I am not exactly a fan of the Blackstar sound in general either... at all price points I can think of, too.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    @Danny1969 Love the Diadoras as much as the amp mate! ;)

That Neville Marten demo is good. I preferred his Strat sound with either gain right down or right up. Personally I don't like that 'glassy', slightly chirpy and toppy tone of a Strat through an overdriven Marshall. Has to be Blackmore like for me: bite AND body. 
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    edited August 2016
    I really wanted the head and slanted cab Marshall will not supply the slanted cab in the UK so I kept my cash until they come to their senses.
  • Great pic, Danny! 
  • jesonejesone Frets: 64
    I'm having a very hard time keeping my money in my pocket, the desire for a Jubilee has run deep and strong since I first saw one over 30 years ago now. 
  • Well, I succumbed and ordered the head. No cab yet though. Suggestions?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Great pic, Danny! 
    Cheers mate ..... as you can see though owning that amp meant I couldn't afford a haircut, or food apparently :)
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The more hair the better if you're like me and losing it!
    I'm ok with hair, it's starting to grow out of my nose and ears :)
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6233
    tFB Trader
    Well, I succumbed and ordered the head. No cab yet though. Suggestions?
    how do you like it?

Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • ThorpyFX said:
    how do you like it?

I don't know yet. All I have to go on in terms of personal experience of the sound of a jubilee is the 1987 100W head (which I've played through and love). If the mini gets me close to that I'll be happy. Should arrive by the end of the week but I've no cab. Initially I'll probably just run it through a rented cab at the practice space I use.
  • jesonejesone Frets: 64
    ThorpyFX said:
    how do you like it?

I don't know yet. All I have to go on in terms of personal experience of the sound of a jubilee is the 1987 100W head (which I've played through and love). If the mini gets me close to that I'll be happy. Should arrive by the end of the week but I've no cab. Initially I'll probably just run it through a rented cab at the practice space I use.
    It's the end of the week, where's the damn review man!!!!
  • Limehouse_BluesLimehouse_Blues Frets: 1160
    edited August 2016
    I'll post one but not for a few weeks. I only bagged the head now because one shop I spoke to had sold out of the heads and uttered something about possible price increases across board from Marshall later in the year. When I found one in stock elsewhere I bagged it. I don't want to wait for any price increase. Already blooming expensive.The amp should arrive today but it will likely sit in its box til mid September. Getting married in a couple of weeks so my mind is on other things right now. When I'm back from honeymoon and in my normal groove again I'll post a review of the amp.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 618
    Take the jubilee on honeymoon and leave the wife at home
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom