I played a guitar this afternoon ...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 16914
    I don't understand why people have guitars that they don't play in such a long time that they forget what they are like... especially of they are so good.

On the flip side, a guitar like this never would have been made if everyone thought the same way.  

It’s an unusual design with a lot of non-standard features. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2018
    Noted on the volume control position.... think of the pinky volume sweeps

its its a habit of mine I have had to break with the recent les Paul builds, but my preference is always to have bridge volume closest to the bridge because I had an incorrectly wired epi phone like that as my second guitar
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    I sold one recently that I wish I hadn't and I'm currently saving up the amount that I got for it so that I can offer it plus a drink to the buyer and ask for it back.
    He can say "No" and there'll be others I could find but what I should have done was put it away, not sell it and it's worth asking with this one.
    Got to save up some money first though and that's not easy right now so see what happens.

Totally understand and it's because I'm Now plugging into only my big valve amp that I regret selling it.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12276
    edited January 2018
    Alnico said:
    I sold one recently that I wish I hadn't and I'm currently saving up the amount that I got for it so that I can offer it plus a drink to the buyer and ask for it back.
    He can say "No" and there'll be others I could find but what I should have done was put it away, not sell it and it's worth asking with this one.
    Got to save up some money first though and that's not easy right now so see what happens.

Totally understand and it's because I'm Now plugging into only my big valve amp that I regret selling it.
    @alnico That the LTD you are after? PM me if so.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    For the sake of continuity, yes it was the LTD and @darthed1981 has put it away for me to sort out and then meet up for a coffee to pick up when that's done.
    That's not difficult from just up the road and where he goes for guitar lessons anyway!

Thank You, Ed.
    I really appreciate you having kept it immaculate and letting me have it back.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12276
    No worries at all.

I need to cut down my guitar collection a bit :)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1505
    I remember playing it at @wezv house when he had just built it.  It is the guitar that made me ask him to make me a couple of fanned fret guitars.  I know the problem with too many guitars, you tend to play a few, plus the newer ones, then you pull one out that you haven't played in ages and wonder why you haven't.  Many of mine are ones that I put together so I can understand the issue.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27855
    PhilKing said:
    I remember playing it at @wezv house when he had just built it.  
     :o 

Whaaaaaatttt - he never told me that it was ex-demo!
    ;)

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27855
    WezV said:
    Ah, glad it’s getting some play time.  Let me know if it ever needs anyything doing.
    WezV said:
    Noted on the volume control position.... think of the pinky volume sweeps
    It's pretty much still perfect @WezV.

The neck doesn't seem to have moved even by a fraction of a fraction so it plays lovely.

And I just need to play it more frequently so I remember which knob doe what!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    TTony said:
    PhilKing said:
    I remember playing it at @wezv house when he had just built it.  
     :o 

Whaaaaaatttt - he never told me that it was ex-demo!
    ;)

I was actually  wondering about this very thing on the recent thread about shops selling  from store stock that others may have played.   It made me wonder if people mind the QC guy having a good play at the end of the production line

Second (and 3rd & 4th) opinions are a very valuable tool to the small builders who don't have an R&D department
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7826
    WezV said:
    I don't understand why people have guitars that they don't play in such a long time that they forget what they are like... especially of they are so good.

On the flip side, a guitar like this never would have been made if everyone thought the same way.  

Of course. But that's no reason not to play it.

I just think it's a shame when great guitars dont get played. They are made to be played.
    WezV said:

Of course. But that's no reason not to play it.

I just think it's a shame when great guitars dont get played. They are made to be played.
    Great album name right there......"Made to be played...."

I agree, the great guitars should be taken out and played.
    Bernie Marsden should take his Les Paul to a pub jam night and let some kid play it.

I've said this to @miserneil before now, if I was ever rich enough to buy one I'd gig the shit out of it and if any kid wanted a go, sure I'd be careful but I'd let them play it.
    I'd take it to guitar shops just to pass it round and see what everyone thought of it and see the look on the guy's face who really connects with it.
  • That's the thing about having more than one guitar. I find I pick one up and play it for six months or a year then pick up another. My SG is in a case. I think with no strings. Once it's restoring it will be flavour of the month.
    I do agree, in an ideal world.

life gets in the way of that for most of us