Stoner Rock

What's Hot

Comments

• RaraRara Frets: 5
    More Stoner Rock suggestions: <br>Dozer<br>Electric Wizard<br>Clutch<br>Astroqueen<br>Nebula<br>Brant Bjork<br>True Widow<br><br>Will check out ASG OP - ta.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    I've been listening to this a lot recently<br><br><div><cite>
    <div>Stop crying, start buying</div>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2966
    tFB Trader
    <p>Desert Fest in London early May - @Philly_Q Elder are playing</p><p>My lad's going. I might go. Or just steal his ticket and all his dope.</p>
    <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.corvusguitarworks.com">corvusguitarworks.com</a>
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23221
    <blockquote class="Quote"> <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/4364/Corvus">Corvus</a> said:</div> <div class="QuoteText"><p>Desert Fest in London early May - @Philly_Q Elder are playing</p><p>My lad's going. I might go. Or just steal his ticket and all his dope.</p></div> </blockquote> <br>Thanks @Corvus. ; Black Moth, The Obsessed and Jex Thoth too, I see. I am tempted, but I fear elderly me might be a bit out of place...
  • RaraRara Frets: 5
    <span class="vanilla-mention-@">@Philly_Q you should totally go if you want to. I saw an older bloke really REALLY get into Mogwai when they played Glasgow in December - at least he was loving it unlike most other fans just standing there. Wish I could go to Desert Fest, Nebula!!!!, but I'm beyond skint :(</span>
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
    All sorts of age groups go to Desertfest - and pretty much stoner/doom gigs in general. Plenty of chaps nearing retirement age went last year. Hell, one of the headliners average age is late fifties.<br><br>Will be getting my weekend ticket soon hopefully.<br>
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3068
    <blockquote class="Quote"> <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/5377/Philly_Q">Philly_Q</a> said:</div> <div class="QuoteText"><blockquote class="Quote"> <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/4364/Corvus">Corvus</a> said:</div> <div class="QuoteText"><p>Desert Fest in London early May - @Philly_Q Elder are playing</p><p>My lad's going. I might go. Or just steal his ticket and all his dope.</p></div> </blockquote> <br>Thanks @Corvus. ; Black Moth, The Obsessed and Jex Thoth too, I see. I am tempted, but I fear elderly me might be a bit out of place...</div> </blockquote> Rubbish..... get out there and enjoy yourself.  No-one else will care how old you are. <br><br>I speak as a forty seven year year old man, who still wears a 'patch jacket/battle vest' when appropriate and was definitely the oldest person at a recent hardcore show in Southampton....
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    edited January 2018
    If theres one genre where old guys are more than welcome it’s going to be stoner/doom, or indeed metal or in general. I’m 42 and, though not ancient (yet), I have no misgivings about going to any gig because of my age. If Elder were playing near me I’d be there like a shot 
    Thanks for the supportive comments, gents.  It's not so much a worry about being unwelcome, more about me finding gigs in general a bit more of an ordeal these days - standing in a crowd for hours, achy back, stiff neck craning to see over people's heads etc.  And - dare I say - I actually find it too loud...<br><br>But I am still tempted.  I'll look into it.
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5026
    I'm 45 and played desertfest last year.
  • Ol' Jimi Hendrix<br>
  • <blockquote class="Quote"> <div><a rel="nofollow" target="_blank">LesbianWithAGun</a> said:</div> <div><br> ...</div></blockquote>
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2966
    tFB Trader
    <p>@Reverend nice one, spill beans - got any links to tracks?</p>
    <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.corvusguitarworks.com">corvusguitarworks.com</a>
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5026
    <blockquote class="Quote"> <div><a rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Corvus</a> said:</div> <div><p>@Reverend nice one, spill beans - got any links to tracks?</p></div> </blockquote> is us at stoner vs doom 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • <p>Discovered Green Druid's new album Ashen Blood this on Itunes' metal new releases page; supremely heavy, slow and psychedelic stoner/doom, highly recommended: </p><p></p><p>
    <blockquote class="Quote"> <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/13174/MagicPigDetective">MagicPigDetective</a> said:</div> <div class="QuoteText"><p>Discovered Green Druid's new album Ashen Blood this on Itunes' metal new releases page; supremely heavy, slow and psychedelic stoner/doom, highly recommended: </p></div> </blockquote><p> I was listening to that on Spotify last night, I think because you mentioned it elsewhere, never heard of them before.</p><p>I must admit I fell asleep during the second track...  When I woke up it was daylight.  And the track still hadn't ended.</p><p>It's good though.  Maybe not enough variation or melodic bits to really catch my attention, but perhaps they'll come through on repeat listens.<br></p>
  • @Philly_Q ; Yes it's not exactly catchy; it might have something to do with Denver's legalisation of weed :lol . I've been mixing it up with the Earthless record which is much more lively. Sometimes I like to challenge myself with long, slow uncatchy music, I just let it wash over me whilst I'm working or falling asleep.
  • <p>Another discovery in Itunes' metal page, (and something a lot more immediate than Green Druid); Freedom Hawk. The new album Beast Inside, Sabbathy stoner rock with qotsa vibes. Great riffs and solos, like this a lot. The second track Danger is superb. </p><p></p><p>
  • eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    <blockquote class="Quote"> <div><a rel="nofollow" target="_blank">MagicPigDetective</a> said:</div> <div><p>Another discovery in Itunes' metal page, (and something a lot more immediate than Green Druid); Freedom Hawk. The new album Beast Inside, Sabbathy stoner rock with qotsa vibes. Great riffs and solos, like this a lot. The second track Danger is superb. </p><p></p><p> </blockquote> Like that a lot, second track is cracking.<br><br>ASG, the band in my first post are playing desert fest now (which I can't get to) and a few dates supporting Weedeater as well. So hitting along on the Clwb Ifor Bach Gig!<br><br>
  • OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 400
    Has anyone mentioned Kadavar?<br><br>Recent album Rough Times is excellent. :) 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/