Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Nazi Pug owner fined £800

What's Hot

Comments

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7815
    VimFuego said:

good question again (will watch the vid later, bit short on time but i generally like Stuart Lee and have a lot of time for him) I would say that in this instance, clearly it is a joke. In poor taste, and IMO not massively funny, but clearly a joke. How about when Prince Harry dressed up as a nazi for a fancy dress party, do we consider that a joke? It was in poor taste, but was it offensive? I personally find it to be offensive, but does that mean he should be prosecuted (well, clearly I think he should because that would be fking hilarious but I digress). Despite it being offensive, I don't think it's a matter for the courts, no one was actually harmed by it, no one was inspired to desecrate jewish graves because of it. I guess my rambling point is that we need to consider context, but also outcomes. What was the actual outcome of what was said.

Dressing up as a Nazi is poor taste and for a Royal of German decent unquestionably a dumb thing to to, but not offensive by itself. For example how about the actors in 'allo 'allo that clearly dressed as Gestapo and Nazi officers? Dressing up a Nazi, going to a Synagogue and shouting Gas the Jews at the top of your voice, directly at the Jewish, or giving a talk in a school about why it's a good thing to Gas Jews, these are hate crimes and offensive. This is why context is so important. 

the contecxt of this youtube video is that he was trying to annoy his girlfriend (and she doesn't need to subscribe to his channel to see the result or be annoyed by it) in what he thought was a funny way. He wasn't intending to incite hate and he wasn't preaching hate. The difference is huge.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • antifashantifash Frets: 603

The owner is a bonafide nazi too though. 
    Based on what? How many videos of his have you watched? Because if you've watched any (including the one at the centre of this), you'd realise that the whole point is that he's the opposite of a "bonafide nazi". He's said again and again that the "Nazi" approach was taken because it's the most offensive thing he could think of.

He was chumming up with Tommy Robinson at the court case.
    I didn't realise that associating with somebody who holds views you don't like means that you automatically hold those views too. When did that rule come into effect?

Also, I have a pug and they are dumb as a bag of rocks. To train it to do something like that would involve loads and loads of repeated practice and training, so it would have taken a huge amount of effort for something that is supposed to be 'just a joke'.
    That's part of the joke, that he was willing to go to such lengths. Also, roughly half of dogs are more intelligent than the average for their breed, by definition.
    You’re an idiot. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • antifashantifash Frets: 603
    In fact, this site is still riddled with moronic cunts. Ban me please. Thanks. 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    antifash said:
    Hahahahaha.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • webrthomsonwebrthomson Frets: 1031
    antifash said:
    “I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.”
    (Voltaire)

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22252
    VimFuego said:
    good question again (will watch the vid later, bit short on time but i generally like Stuart Lee and have a lot of time for him) I would say that in this instance, clearly it is a joke. In poor taste, and IMO not massively funny, but clearly a joke. How about when Prince Harry dressed up as a nazi for a fancy dress party, do we consider that a joke? It was in poor taste, but was it offensive? I personally find it to be offensive, but does that mean he should be prosecuted (well, clearly I think he should because that would be fking hilarious but I digress). Despite it being offensive, I don't think it's a matter for the courts, no one was actually harmed by it, no one was inspired to desecrate jewish graves because of it. I guess my rambling point is that we need to consider context, but also outcomes. What was the actual outcome of what was said.
    Context is everything yet context is so infrequently referenced in these debates. 

Prince Harry dresses up as a Nazi for a party = clearly not offensive. It's a fucking party, he's not going to a KKK rally. 

However if Prince Harry dresses up as a Nazi on Holocaust Memorial Day and attends a service = then the context clearly allows for some to be offended by his lack of tact and decency. 

Outcomes is a harder one. Would we have to assess Helter Skelter by the Beatles because of what happened with Charles Manson referencing the song? 

Bucket said:
    Some of you should read the actual judgement. He wasn't convicted for "a joke" or anything to do with the dog.  He didn't himself offer a free speech defence - nor did his "annoying the girlfriend" defence work as she didn't even follow his youtube channel.

He was convicted for repeating the phrase "gas the jews", the dog doesn't matter one bit in this.
    But the point I'm trying to make is that he WAS convicted for a joke.

If the video was just him saying "gas the Jews", then of course prosecution is very much justified. But it wasn't - there was all that context put in place around it, so that any viewer with two brain cells to rub together would get that it was a joke. He's not inciting racial hatred - if anything, the people being mocked most of all here are actually Nazis.

Absolutely. Context is everything. Which is why I have to take the conext of Mr Dankula's video interview with Tommy Robinson and the crowd on Youtube commenting underneath into consideration in  the same way that I judge the Zionist Foundation when they got Katie Hopkins to speak at an event

It's fucking puzzling though that Mr Dankula is now the poster boy for freedom of speech activists when you have a man in this country who has been under a barrage of abuse and criticism for saying what he thinks about Israel. 

Still, we now have Mr Dankula to help us through the moral maze, our very own Djent Yiannopoulos.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26742
    antifash said:

The owner is a bonafide nazi too though. 
    Based on what? How many videos of his have you watched? Because if you've watched any (including the one at the centre of this), you'd realise that the whole point is that he's the opposite of a "bonafide nazi". He's said again and again that the "Nazi" approach was taken because it's the most offensive thing he could think of.

He was chumming up with Tommy Robinson at the court case.
    I didn't realise that associating with somebody who holds views you don't like means that you automatically hold those views too. When did that rule come into effect?

Also, I have a pug and they are dumb as a bag of rocks. To train it to do something like that would involve loads and loads of repeated practice and training, so it would have taken a huge amount of effort for something that is supposed to be 'just a joke'.
    That's part of the joke, that he was willing to go to such lengths. Also, roughly half of dogs are more intelligent than the average for their breed, by definition.
    You’re an idiot. 
    And you're very close to a cooler session for a direct ad-hominem attack on an admin.

You won't go to jail or pay a fine, though.

You see how freedom of expression works yet?
    <space for hire>
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    And you're very close to a cooler session for a direct ad-hominem attack on an admin.

You won't go to jail or pay a fine, though.

You see how freedom of expression works yet?
    CUCK! :lol: 

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15619
    antifash said:
    lol, what's up snowflake, someone say your trigger word? I'm sure you can retreat to your safespace and a nice person will bring you a warm drink and some cookies.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15619
    VimFuego said:

Dressing up as a Nazi is poor taste and for a Royal of German decent unquestionably a dumb thing to to, but not offensive by itself. For example how about the actors in 'allo 'allo that clearly dressed as Gestapo and Nazi officers? Dressing up a Nazi, going to a Synagogue and shouting Gas the Jews at the top of your voice, directly at the Jewish, or giving a talk in a school about why it's a good thing to Gas Jews, these are hate crimes and offensive. This is why context is so important. 

the contecxt of this youtube video is that he was trying to annoy his girlfriend (and she doesn't need to subscribe to his channel to see the result or be annoyed by it) in what he thought was a funny way. He wasn't intending to incite hate and he wasn't preaching hate. The difference is huge.
    erm, I think we're in agreement as you're pretty much saying what I said.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16301
    The Dead Kennedys predicted how to deal with this situation back in 1981:

Pugs ain't no religious cult
    Pugs means thinking for yourself
    You ain't hardcore 'cause you spike your hair
    When a jock still lives inside your head
    Nazi pugs
    Nazi pugs
    Nazi pugs, fuck off!
    Nazi pugs
    Nazi pugs
    Nazi pugs, fuck off!

If you've come to fight, get outta here
    You ain't no better than the bouncers
    We ain't trying to be police
    When you ape the cops it ain't anarchy
    Nazi pugs
    Nazi pugs
    Nazi pugs, fuck off!
    Nazi pugs
    Nazi pugs
    Nazi pugs, fuck off!

Ten guys jump one, what a man
    You fight each other, the police state wins
    Stab your backs when you trash our halls
    Trash a bank if you've got real balls
    You still think swastikas look cool
    The real Nazis run your schools
    They're coaches, businessmen and cops
    In a real fourth Reich you'll be the first to go
    Nazi pugs
    Nazi pugs
    Nazi pugs, fuck off!
    Nazi pugs
    Nazi pugs
    Nazi pugs, fuck off!

You'll be the first to go
    Unless you think

copyright Jello Biafra
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    VimFuego said:
    antifash said:
    lol, what's up snowflake, someone say your trigger word? I'm sure you can retreat to your safespace and a nice person will bring you a warm drink and some gluten-free ethically sourced cookies.
    Get the recipe right. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27681
    antifash said:
    In fact, this site is still riddled with moronic cunts.
    Apologies for that.

We're doing our best to get rid of them.

One moronic cunt at a time.

antifash said:
    Ban me please. Thanks. 
    In fact, there's one  less right there.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    12reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33839
    Just woke up- what did I miss?
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26742
    octatonic said:
    Depending on how long you were asleep...antifash.
    <space for hire>
    So now we are anti-antifash, or just 'fash'?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28674
    octatonic said:
    Chap teaches his dog to do a Nazi salute to the phrase "gas the Jews", posts it on YouTube. Is taken to court for hate speech and fined.

Opinions then differ as to whether repeatedly saying "gas the Jews" to teach a dog to do a Nazi salute on YouTube is OK if you say you're joking.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27681
    octatonic said:
    Depending on how long you were asleep...antifash.
    More relevantly for you (or many people, probably), "A Place in the Sun, Home & Away" on Channel 4.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Sporky said:
    octatonic said:
    Chap teaches his dog to do a Nazi salute to the phrase "gas the Jews", posts it on YouTube. Is taken to court for hate speech and fined.

Opinions then differ as to whether repeatedly saying "gas the Jews" to teach a dog to do a Nazi salute on YouTube is OK if you say you're joking.
    Ah ok, my position on this is ... oh look a squirrel.