Bought back an old guitar of yours?

What's Hot

Comments

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7870

I've sold some of my instruments to a friend and then borrowed them back - it's a cheaper way of doing it ;)

One of them, a Rickenbacker 330, has spent most of the time since I sold it to him with me, and it's currently still here :)
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23323
    No but I’d buy back my 1995 PRS Standard 22 if I could. Shouldn’t have sold that one.
    Funnily enough the only guitar I have bought back was a PRS Standard 22.  Soon sold it again though.

I've had a couple of opportunities to buy back my old guitars on eBay - a Hamer Vector and an Edwards Jeff Beck LP.  In both cases I regretted selling them in the first place but I didn't really want to pay over the odds to get them back.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6789
    edited March 2019
    I bought the same black Ovation Viper twice and currently still own it. I'm not really sure why I sold it the first time....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3082
    DefaultM said:
    Stevepage said:
    Has any one bought back an old guitar? Do you still have it?

My old PRS CE22 has come up on Reverb but at nearly 3 times the amount of what I sold it for. I would've bought it back instantly if I had the money for it. I loved that guitar but unfortunately had to sell.
    Didn't you sell it for about £600? Maybe when its still for sale in a year you can make him a reasonable offer.
    I think I ended up selling it for around £500. The next owner fitted new back plates and bought a case for it then sold it on.
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    I want this one back.  It's come up for sale twice since I sold it, but I had to pass on both occasions due to lack of monies.

2006 R7 Custom in faded cherry:

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1801
    Wife says what are you doing, reading the fretboard, what about. People who buy back guitar they sold, glibly mumbles not exactly much interest to you. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • One day @markblack will buckle and sell me a jaguar back. We’re playing the long game...
  • PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1497
    Bought back a 1963 Burgundy Mist strat from a friend's family after he passed away.  I always knew I would get it back if he sold it, however this wasn't quite how I had imagined it.  It is a great guitar and rings really well, even though it is a bit heavy for an old strat.  I only sold it to him because he he was getting back into playing after his wife had passed away, and I thought it would help.

Other than that, I have bought a lot of the same type of guitar I had when I was younger, just not the same one.
  • musteatbrainmusteatbrain Frets: 880
    edited March 2019
    Just got back my 25 year old les Paul studio I bought new as a teenager. A heavy beast but a great guitar

https://imgur.com/gallery/ADQoPEl

I’ve enhanced the photo a bit to show how yellow it’s gone as my iPhone was making it look like new. It’s still probably a bit yellower than the photo is when it’s in the room
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    Yup I bought back the same guild acoustic twice, I will never sell it again .
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    octatonic said:
    This one, which I sold to @TimmyO quite a few years ago.
    It turned up on eBay and I bought it back.
    It is currently on extended loan with a friend in Oxford- when we return to the UK I'll get it back.

Warmoth chambered alder body and ebony on maple neck.
    it is really light and resonant.
    Lollar pickups.

I played that one once... holy...fricking shit balls it was nice...
  • FezFez Frets: 538
    I'm not good enough at letting guitars go to have sold many. It's very unlikely that I would buy back the old Vantage I traded or the Antoria 12 string I traded to get it.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • I’ve been chasing a guitar that I bought in 1989 and sold in 1995 for about 20 years - it turns ip
    occasionally and I keep missing it - custom shop 40th Anniversary Telecaster, number 40 of 300. Probably couldn’t afford it now. Oh well. 
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    If I knew where my Ibanez UV777BK 7 string went when it was sold from Coda, I don't think there's much I wouldn't do to try to buy / trade it back.
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3082
    Alnico said:
    If I knew where my Ibanez UV777BK 7 string went when it was sold from Coda, I don't think there's much I wouldn't do to try to buy / trade it back.
    I don't blame you. I tried it out when Coda had it, fantastic guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Stevepage said:
    Alnico said:
    I don't blame you. I tried it out when Coda had it, fantastic guitar.
    Thank you, coming from you that's a compliment.

It is to date my biggest guitar mistake ever.
    Shame on me.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3340
    I'd love to get my black drop top Tom Anderson back (circa 1990).

Bought from Chandler Guitars and sold back to them :(
  • PC1971PC1971 Frets: 373
    edited April 2019
    Sold it once. Big mistake. Fortunately I got it back a couple of yrs later along with an '06 Cherry.  ;-)

'61 VOS Specials.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/h7osihC.jpg

[img]https://i.imgur.com/Ggbrjxz.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075

Sold my red Highway 1 Strat to pay bills and regretted it.

Bought a black one about 18 months ago to replace it

• timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2441
    edited April 2019
    I would if I could - had six guitars stolen in July 2017, and there are two I really miss. My first "real" electric, a 1995 Epiphone Les Paul in birdseye ("smallpox") cherryburst, which I put completely new electrics in, and an ESP LTD Ninja, which was a present for my 18th birthday, my favourite guitar and rare as unicorn poo due to a short production run.
    Amazingly I found another Ninja the following September and pressed "buy it now" without thinking. Then had a very long day driving to and from Carlisle...

Strangely I don't miss the "nicest" guitar, an American Deluxe Strat. I think I would have sold it if it hadn't been stolen - it was gorgeous and played like churned milk, but never spoke to me or sounded quite right.
    Tim