First shave in 20 years nooby question

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11963
    edited April 2019
    I use shaving oil or a non-foamy gel
    King of shaves is reliable

First: use a good aqua electric razor, this will get rid of the bulk of the stubble, and you can wash the cutting head
    then go over it again with an electric gillette ultra 5 blade, ends up amazingly smooth with almost no cuts ever, and less painful than skipping the electric prelude
    Also this keeps the gillette blade fresh for much longer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    tone1 said:
    tone1 said:
    There’s probably an alternative forum where people obsess about shaving gear and talk about brexit and shit :)
    There are quite a few forums dedicated to shaving gear.  Of the ones I frequent they avoid political discussions so there are no Brexit discussions!  
    Is there really a forum dedicated to shaving? I’ve led a sheltered life... B)

There's a few UK ones and about a thousand American ones.
    A lot of them favour boring chat about straight razors (cut-throats to the uninitiated).
    They're even more nerdy and obsessive than folk on guitar forums.
  • brucegillbrucegill Frets: 724
    Sassafras said:
    tone1 said:
    tone1 said:
    There’s probably an alternative forum where people obsess about shaving gear and talk about brexit and shit :)
    There are quite a few forums dedicated to shaving gear.  Of the ones I frequent they avoid political discussions so there are no Brexit discussions!  

A lot of them favour boring chat about straight razors (cut-throats to the uninitiated).
    Only just....
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5865
    brucegill said:
    Sassafras said:
    tone1 said:
    tone1 said:

Only just....
    By a Whisker?
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I grow a beard, my skin comes up in such a nasty rash, even if I use an electric shaver to go back to stubble.

Probably user error, but I also have a face like a football and a beard makes me look slightly less like a fat Charlie Brown. 
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3924
    Deadman said:
    RPE (breathing mask) HSE regs. 
    Is that a particle filter mask or yer actual positive pressure air-fed breathing apparatus?
    Both bud. 
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3595
    5-6 times a week. Mainly 3 bladed Gillette bobbins. Morning I wash and wet shave, I use soap and a brush, need to go against the grain/growth for best clean. Takes about 4 mins and I'm done. I can happily leave it weekends but stubble annoys me more.
  • King85King85 Frets: 631
    Another vote for the 34c