Premier League 2019/2020 Season

What's Hot

Comments

• Philly_Q said:
    So I had Sheff Utd pretty much nailed on for relegation - How wrong - Great team spirit as they have no stars in the team
    They doing well, but I still resent them for signing McBurnie from Swansea.

Swansea have seemed to sold quite a few players over the last few years, Daniel James, Gylfi Sigurdson and so on.  Have they really spent much of the money they brought in?
    Having seen them recently against Albion, it doesn't look like they've spent any of it...
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7109
    Philly_Q said:
    So I had Sheff Utd pretty much nailed on for relegation - How wrong - Great team spirit as they have no stars in the team
    They doing well, but I still resent them for signing McBurnie from Swansea.

Swansea have seemed to sold quite a few players over the last few years,  Gylfi Sigurdson 
    They can have him back if they like.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    Nitefly said:
    Now then, Gooners, are you ready for Arteta?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50805721

I would have preferred an experienced manager with a good track record but I do really like Arteta and I hope he does well.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14267
    tFB Trader
    Only saw the MOTD hi-lights of the Liverpool v Leicester game, but LFC looked on fire - Showed no signs of tiredness etc and ripped Leicester apart
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Only saw the MOTD hi-lights of the Liverpool v Leicester game, but LFC looked on fire - Showed no signs of tiredness etc and ripped Leicester apart

Watched the match and honestly the score line still flatters Leicester a bit, they had virtually no shots on target, and Liverpool missed 4 or 5 you'd expect them to score.

Best LFC performance of the season by far, and if this is them finally clicking in to gear, then it's the perfect time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • The Wolves vs Man City match is on Prime tonight so in theory I could watch all of it but I think I'd be hiding behind the settee. Not having a terrible season but they seem to be reserving their best playing for in Europe. I am a very fair weather Wolves supporter though so I appreciate I can't expect too much. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1087
    edited December 2019
    A bit more directness and the attack yesterday from Arteta's side. Lack of clinical finishing and crosses were awful, Nelson is a good prospect but needs to improve his final ball. Saka's deliveries were shit but to be fair he's playing at left-back.

Still don't see what Xhaka gives us in the midfield though credit to him he played pretty well yesterday. Torreira must be a regular starter now, won a lot of tackles and always looked to tidy up any loose balls.

If it weren't for Aubameyang we'd be so much further down the table. Lacazette seems to lack confidence so needs a goal or two. Ozil actually played well and is the only player apart from Ceballos that can see that pass. Pepe should have started, he has that direct style when he runs and when turns with the ball its quite poetic I must say. Almost as if he's dancing.
  • The Wolves vs Man City match is on Prime tonight so in theory I could watch all of it but I think I'd be hiding behind the settee. Not having a terrible season but they seem to be reserving their best playing for in Europe. I am a very fair weather Wolves supporter though so I appreciate I can't expect too much. 
    Hopefully this won't be leaked to my fellow Albion compatriots, but Come On You Wolves! Hoping you show them what you're made of tonight and get at least a point
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    I feel good that Liverpool are getting the title this year, it's been a long old wait for them so I don't begrudge it. Mostly because I like Klopp. They certainly deserve to win with their playing. I wish he'd come to Man U instead - I said that at the time. To be honest I'm quite happy with where Man U are at the moment, some very good young players. Just need to stop losing to lesser teams.

• mixolydmixolyd Frets: 826
    The Amazon Prime streams were stellar: great quality, no buffering, rock solid.  More Amazon footy please.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Hopefully this won't be leaked to my fellow Albion compatriots, but Come On You Wolves! Hoping you show them what you're made of tonight and get at least a point
    Well I really should have watched that, must have been some game. 3 bloody 2! Wolves can spend at least overnight at 5th. 
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7109
    axisus said:
    I feel good that Liverpool are getting the title this year, it's been a long old wait for them so I don't begrudge it. 
    Season finished has it?
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14267
    tFB Trader
    tony99 said:
    axisus said:
    I feel good that Liverpool are getting the title this year, it's been a long old wait for them so I don't begrudge it. 
    Season finished has it?
    You'd have suspected this when it was 10 points but you never know - 14 points with a potential for more, than you can't see any other winner - Yet I bet LFC would be more happier with a 14 point gap at the end of March
  • CeeJayCeeJay Frets: 455
    edited December 2019
    tony99 said:
    axisus said:
    Season finished has it?
    You'd have suspected this when it was 10 points but you never know - 14 points with a potential for more, than you can't see any other winner - Yet I bet LFC would be more happier with a 14 point gap at the end of March
    Err, it's 13 points........Just sayin' 
    Well I really should have watched that, must have been some game. 3 bloody 2! Wolves can spend at least overnight at 5th. 
    Superb news!!! Well done Dingles, good on you. They always seem to play better against the better teams, A lot of respect for Nuno and the team
    Superb news!!! Well done Dingles, good on you. They always seem to play better against the better teams, A lot of respect for Nuno and the team
    I found the hilights online and watched the goals again on BBC Breakfast. Being against ten men from early on obviously helped but from what I saw a convincing win. 
    I like anything that shakes up the usual top few a bit, makes  the Premiership a bit more interesting. 
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9717
    edited December 2019
    axisus said:
    I feel good that Liverpool are getting the title this year, it's been a long old wait for them so I don't begrudge it. Mostly because I like Klopp. They certainly deserve to win with their playing. I wish he'd come to Man U instead - I said that at the time. To be honest I'm quite happy with where Man U are at the moment, some very good young players. Just need to stop losing to lesser teams.

Saw a brilliant tweet about United against Newcastle, saying that because Newcastle were below them in the league, at the start of the match they were playing badly until Newcastle scored first. Which meant that Newcastle were then above them in the league, cue United suddenly starting to play well and thrash them
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    tony99 said:
    axisus said:
    Season finished has it?
    I never tempt fate with my team, however I'm quite happy to drop my trousers and show fate my arse with other teams. I dare ya fate!!!
  • tony99 said:
    axisus said:
    Season finished has it?

Well they thrashed their nearest competitor and Pep has thrown the towel in.  They have dropped 2 points so far over the first half of the season. It's not over until it is over, but they would need to drop 14 or 15 points in the second half of the season and Leicester or City would need to drop no points.  Leicxster have already dropped 18 and City 19 points.

Of course Liverpool have a game in hand, we'd have to assume they lost that also for the above to be possible.

So no it hasn't finished and Pep may be playing some mind games but City don't look good and I really can't see anybody now challenging Liverpool.
  • Klopp was getting stick last season for not winning anything. Three trophies later, I think we can all agree he’s one hell of a manager. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom