'Knackered Jack and the Resistors' UK 'Lollapaboozer' Tour 2015

What's Hot

Comments

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    TTony said:
    @alnico

Wonder whether there's anyway that we can support what you want to do (website et al) within the forum, rather than you having to develop a separate site?  Keep it all within the fretboard family.  

Could have it as a thread that only you can update, maybe a separate sub-section?  We're looking at overhauling the site design, particularly the banner image at the top, possibly with some links to content within the site, and this would be a good candidate for inclusion in that.

Give some thought as to what you'd want, how you'd want it to work, what sort of content (etc, etc), and we'll see what can be done.

@TTony

I had thought about that and this is where i got to................

One of the earliest design idea's for this was to use the Fretboard Advertising posters at the gigs and to have and hand out flyers, like we did at the guitar show. That was one of the basic principles of this to help increase exposure and give some extra purpose to what we're doing.
    So to expand on that, what i thought of was to have my own website that advertises and links to the Fretboard. In return, there could be a thread here, as you suggest that i can update that will provide info and also link back to the website.

It all started here and without this place it wouldn't happen so i want to include the forum, not just use it as a vehicle.

As i've explained, i'm not very tech savvy so i'm learning fast here but i will keep you all in the loop and bounce all the idea's off you first.
    What this also does is give 'Us' a vehicle to use the events to push the Fretboard forward in the public view and if my plan for videos and a you tube account works properly, that exposure will increase ten fold via you tube.

Also there is a facebook element for the band which i will have to look into, which can in turn link to the forum and back again but also it will give even more exposure through facebook.

Lastly, i am hoping that this project will give a musical element to the forum in the public eye (ear ?).
    We are all about music and i hope that this will show the digital world what we can do. Our Riff and composition competitions can also be linked to via all this and with some luck and good avertising, it might help to increase awareness of the competitions and help the world to hear some of the excellent work that we all do here.

Live music is a show and it's a public show so if i can pull this off and do it with 'Our' name on it then more of the public will know us and if they enjoy what we do live, it increases the buzz of the forum and who knows, it might even inspire someone to take up guitar and want to be part of the whole thing.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27807
    I need to have a chat with MQ and see if we can incorporate blog-style content within the framework of the forum.  I *think* we should be able to, but the "how" might take a little investigation!

That way, the website/hosting admin would all be taken care of, but you could have a dedicated section/area for KJ & the Rs and an easy to use software to update it all with all the different content types.  Yet it all stays within theFB family.  That sort of structure would have other applications too, with similar mutual benefits.

Can sort you an email addy (like "kj@thefb.co.uk" ?) easily.

Be good if we can make it a ying/yang thing.  The forum supports KJ, getting people to the gigs, maybe arranging gasfest-type meets around the gigs, and KJ supports the forum - raising awareness with the rest of the Wembley crowds.

:)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    That sounds brilliant @TTony

Thank you very much.
    If i can leave that with you for now, let me know as soon as you Guru's know how to implement this.

I'm incredibly grateful for your help.
  • kinkin Frets: 1015

Great idea and brilliant sentiments/reasons for it, you deserve a lot of credit for even trying to put this together.

• speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    We need t shirts as well haha, I'm sure a company would do us a discount for a bulk order. And I fpr one wouldn't mind chipping in towards it, it's another way of getting the word out
    speshul91 said:
    We need t shirts as well haha, I'm sure a company would do us a discount for a bulk order. And I fpr one wouldn't mind chipping in towards it, it's another way of getting the word out
    I'm already there and hopefully by the end of the year, for the December Christmas party i will have T Shirts for sale at the Party and through here which will have the Band Artwork on the front including the Fretboard and the Tour dates on the back.

I am looking into having the Jam's video'd properly and if that works, there might even end up being a DVD !
    well that's me told lol, I do like the idea of the dvd though, this time next year........... We probably won't be millionaires but it's gonna be fun
    Just heard a new song by 'Clutch' called 'Electric Worry'.

Totally brilliant and totally made for jam nights. Anyone who wants to learn and play this one with me, get in touch.

Definitely added to the list !
    any news?
    Driving lorries can be a right pain in the arse !

Since the weekend, that's the only news i've got.

I will be back on this on Saturday and hopefully speaking to some venues about firm dates.
    Cool, was only wondering
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27807
    Alnico said:
    Driving lorries can be a right pain in the arse !

Get a nice comfy cushion.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I've got one but she's always at work !
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5586
    I'd offer to at least sing if I wasn't so far north!
    (it's actually snowing right now)
    @DiscoStu

If this year works the way i want it to, there will be Scottish dates next year.

I am also working on the transport issue you have from Nottingham to Leicester. If the hotel is cheap, could you stay over ?

Another thing i'm working on is trying to get hotels as cheap as possible too !
    @alnico I'm pretty sure I could manage that and will happily donate fuel money
    speshul91 said:
    If you can afford the hotel, we can get you picked up somehow.
    Let me work out the venue and confirm it and we will work something out.

Whatever happens i'm not going to let you miss it !
    Alnico said:
    speshul91 said:
    If you can afford the hotel, we can get you picked up somehow.
    Let me work out the venue and confirm it and we will work something out.

Whatever happens i'm not going to let you miss it !
    cheers man that means a lot, i'll even try and bring along the v you advised me on
    @speshul91

you better had bring the 'V' !!!

I want to play it with the band and rock the hell out if it man.

How did the new strings work out in the end ?

My recent set on the Tele have done 5 jam sessions and countless hours of practice and they're still going strong from last September !
    it turns out i'm allergic to coated strings but i enjoyed playing them until i couldn't any more, and your more than welcome to use it man