Synergy?

What's Hot

Comments

• The screws on the side of the synergy 1 have just fell out? 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • In fact one has fell out of the side and a rattle inside was a 2nd one.
  • Do i buy the Synergy 50/50 or a used mesa 2:100

i would save £600 buying the Mesa Boogie
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader
    Or halfway - I have the Randall RM2/50 power amp that I got from Matt Bellamy

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• I spotted this on the website. 

• I have a syn 2 and four modules. It’s just lacking something. The vh4 module just doesn’t have the bite. Same as the other modules. It’s just lacking something. I run the synergy 2 through the loop on my Wizard. Could it be that? Do I need to buy a power amp? 

After dropping almost £2500 I’m disappointed. Hoping for some advice. 

Do I need to wait for the head version. 

Watching the videos from NAMM, turn your amp into a vh4 or a Slo, am I expecting to much? 

I don’t want to drop money on the power amp and be let down.
  • webrthomsonwebrthomson Frets: 1031
    edited February 2018

I have a syn 2 and four modules. It’s just lacking something. The vh4 module just doesn’t have the bite. Same as the other modules. It’s just lacking something. I run the synergy 2 through the loop on my Wizard. Could it be that? Do I need to buy a power amp? 

Watching the videos from NAMM, turn your amp into a vh4 or a Slo, am I expecting to much? 

That’s interesting - at the moment I've not found a power amp that I'm 100% happy with, but I love my SYN2 through the power section of my VH4 - what’s not to like it's a great power section.

I need to pull my Mesa 2:90 out my old rack, that thing is immense, on the down side you really need two 4x12’s and it's LOUD.

I do wonder how the SYN50/50 sounds but I agree it’s a lot of cash if I don’t like it.

I'd suggest getting in to Peach and trying out the SYN2 into the SYN50/50 and see for yourself if its the missing bit

EDIT - The VH4 and SLO are both 100 watt amps, is the power section on the Wizard 100 watt?

• I have a syn 2 and four modules. It’s just lacking something. The vh4 module just doesn’t have the bite. Same as the other modules. It’s just lacking something. I run the synergy 2 through the loop on my Wizard. Could it be that? Do I need to buy a power amp? 

That’s interesting - at the moment I've not found a power amp that I'm 100% happy with, but I love my SYN2 through the power section of my VH4 - what’s not to like it's a great power section.

I need to pull my Mesa 2:90 out my old rack, that thing is immense, on the down side you really need two 4x12’s and it's LOUD.

I do wonder how the SYN50/50 sounds but I agree it’s a lot of cash if I don’t like it.

I'd suggest getting in to Peach and trying out the SYN2 into the SYN50/50 and see for yourself if its the missing bit

EDIT - The VH4 and SLO are both 100 watt amps, is the power section on the Wizard 100 watt?
    It’s a 50 watt power section 

I will have a play around tomorrow

tFB Trader
    Don't overlook your power section or your cab .
    I have a Rivera 2 x12 that I couldn't live without - best sounding cab I ever owned
    And I only have a Marshall 20/20 driving it 
    Mind you I keep my FX in a parallel loop (!!) and I chose to have a BBE sonic maximiser in the mix too

Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• Am I better with a power amp then?
    tFB Trader
    some amp power sections are better than others I'm sure

• Worth checking that the Wizards loop is serial as well, some loops like the Mesa Dual Recto even the serial loop is not fully serial, that would have an impact too.

For what its worth I've got a MOD50 head, effectively the predecessor of the SYN 50 watt head and that is a fantastic amp, it sounds immense :)
  • I need to pull my Mesa 2:90 out my old rack, that thing is immense, on the down side you really need two 4x12’s and it's LOUD.

You can run it mono. I have one and run it mono all the time - you have to kill the volume and crank the presence on the unused channel.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sherpa_mansherpa_man Frets: 724
    edited February 2018
    Are there any Facebook groups out there for tips and help?
    edited February 2018 tFB Trader

• Still can’t decide on the power amp 

do I build a rack or go with the synergy 30
  • There are a load of the older MTS modules and a few amps just been added to eBay, most are in Isleworth West London but I think one is in Edinburgh. In case that is any use or whatnot to anybody
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • I need to pull my Mesa 2:90 out my old rack, that thing is immense, on the down side you really need two 4x12’s and it's LOUD.

You can run it mono. I have one and run it mono all the time - you have to kill the volume and crank the presence on the unused channel.
    Cool - do you still need a load on the side you are not using?
  • As an aside I have some MTS modules and a chassis that I'll be listing soon in case anyone is interested
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6152
    As an aside I have some MTS modules and a chassis that I'll be listing soon in case anyone is interested
    Which chassis and which modules? I PMed Feline a while ago hoping he'd be interested in selling a preamp chassis.

£££s waiting! :)