Synergy?

What's Hot

Comments

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    edited February 2018 tFB Trader
    goldtop said:
    As an aside I have some MTS modules and a chassis that I'll be listing soon in case anyone is interested
    Which chassis and which modules? I PMed Feline a while ago hoping he'd be interested in selling a preamp chassis.

£££s waiting!
    It's my old Randall RM4 chassis, so it's a win-win
    Think module wise there are a Fender blackface-ish one, a Voxy one, a JTM45 one and a Mr Scary

Sorry if I didn't get back to you , as was having to think about it.
    I am kind of loathe to get rid of any of my chassis, unless I could get a Egnater M4 one to replace my remaining Randall RM4
    I am more likely to lose the Kemper and powered speaker as I like using the modular stuff.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • If you run a few syn 2 units, would it be a better option to run them through a looper?
  • If you run a few syn 2 units, would it be a better option to run them through a looper?
    Yes, I used to run two Egnater M4's and I did that in a Voodoo GCX - worked like a dream :)
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6154
    Apologies to David - I thought all of these had recording outputs, but it seems the Randall stuff didn't. My bad - seems only the Synergy preamps suit my 'silent rack' setup. And they're still so new that they're pretty spendy. Hmmm...
    tFB Trader
    goldtop said:
    Apologies to David - I thought all of these had recording outputs, but it seems the Randall stuff didn't. My bad - seems only the Synergy preamps suit my 'silent rack' setup. And they're still so new that they're pretty spendy. Hmmm...
    Yes - that is a more recent development 
    I await a Syn4 4 module rack unit with baited breath

Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

tFB Trader

My current playing rig :
    Synergy Syn2 preamp adding 4 more channels to the already fab channels of the MJW Goldstar head (often with a Soldano or Friedman module ), running TC2290 delay in the Syn2 loop and able to go out via the twonotes Torpedo live to a computer or just for headphone listening.
    All signals going via Evidence Audio cables and ending with a Zilla Thiele 1x12"cab with a Celestion Sidewinder.

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sherpa_mansherpa_man Frets: 724
    Anybody played or head the 30watt head?
  • webrthomsonwebrthomson Frets: 1031
    Anybody played or head the 30watt head?
    Nope not yet - Peach have them in stock though :)
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 895

I presume when you say you're using this 'through the loop' that you are not going guitar--> amp head input --> fx loop send --> Synergy --> fx loop return --> amp head to speaker?

If you are, I would suggest going guitar --> Synergy --> fx loop return --> amp head out to speaker.
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
    tFB Trader
    Gadget said:

I presume when you say you're using this 'through the loop' that you are not going guitar--> amp head input --> fx loop send --> Synergy --> fx loop return --> amp head to speaker?

If you are, I would suggest going guitar --> Synergy --> fx loop return --> amp head out to speaker.
    Unless he's bought himself another one I don't think he has a Synergy rack, as I traded his old one - see pic of it above being used with my 10w MJW

• webrthomsonwebrthomson Frets: 1031
    Bumping this for a question for Jonathan @FelineGuitars - @Darren ; and I were discussing Synergy and Kemper and I know you've had both at the same time!

I wondered if you would mind sharing your thoughts on the pro's and con's of each - tone, cost, weight all of it please mister?

Thanks

Ross
    tFB Trader
    Gadget said:

guitar > synergy instrument in
    synergy "to amp in" > amp input
    amp send > synergy "from amp fx send"
    synergy "to amp fx  return" > amp return
    Amp out > speaker

tFB Trader
    I have temporarily got rid of my Kemper - too much temptation to fiddle with settings and not enough focus on playing.

Gadget said:

guitar > synergy instrument in
    synergy "to amp in" > amp input
    amp send > synergy "from amp fx send"
    synergy "to amp fx  return" > amp return
    Amp out > speaker
    What purpose is served by going guitar to Synergy --> amp head -->Synergy --> amp head?

Does it not do what you want by going guitar --> Synergy instr. in --> Synergy main output --> amp fx return?
    tFB Trader
    it lets you also be able to use the amps channels as well as the synergy channels

edited August 2018
    it lets you also be able to use the amps channels as well as the synergy channels
    So could that not be achieved by the method of guitar --> amp input --> amp fx send --> Synergy input --> synergy main out --> amp fx return?
    tFB Trader
    Gadget said:
    So could that not be achieved by the method of guitar --> amp input --> amp fx send --> Synergy input --> synergy main out --> amp fx return?
    no, the synergy modules are a complete preamp, so you want to choose either the synergy or the preamp from your amp,but not one into the other, so the synergy lets you choose between the two.

Gotya.