5th Birthday Jam and Gig Reaction, Photos and Videos

What's Hot

Comments

• LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    He's right you know.. all this Quo on the forum is making it go down down deeper and down...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6806
    edited August 2018
    @Modellista - I see you’ve got a Champagne supernova vid up on your YouTube channel - but don’t think you’ve announced it on here yet.

Thats great soloing @darthed1981 - you’re  making good progress on that !

(And I’m not getting drumming credits again - I might get the Musicians Union on this ;-) )

Your review of the robot tuner Gibson made me laugh a lot ! There no way that E string was getting in tune 
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3672
    Personally I think Quo are fantastic. It's no-nonsense rock. It's completely unapologetic in what it does and what it's for. There's no worthiness or pretentiousness, just slabs of heads down, full tilt boogie. No-one in that band is a virtuoso but you get the "whole is greater than the sum of its parts" thing.

Honestly, if you aren't nodding along to Quo, you're inhuman, because it's infectious. Next jam, I'm going to stick a Quote track in there.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2039
    Sorry @mrkb, I keep writing you out of drumming history!

Here we go with Champagne Supernova with @mrkb @darthed1981 @bridgehouse and me.

mrkb said:

Your review of the robot tuner Gibson made me laugh a lot ! There no way that E string was getting in tune 
    Yep that was a fun vid to do.  Some guy commented basically I must be a moron not to make the G-force work, that I was doing it wrong, or some such.  I was actually expecting it to work, it had worked fine before and I quite liked it, so was very surprised when it went crazy like that.  But in the end it's a fair review because the tuning system was simply not reliable.  The advantage being you can switch between tunings easily, but for staying in one tuning it was totally unreliable.  I've since sold the guitar, which is a shame because I'd really like a Junior.  But the neck and the tuners were intolerable (this was a 2015 model for those who haven't watched the vid).
    Personally I think Quo are fantastic. It's no-nonsense rock. It's completely unapologetic in what it does and what it's for. There's no worthiness or pretentiousness, just slabs of heads down, full tilt boogie. No-one in that band is a virtuoso but you get the "whole is greater than the sum of its parts" thing.

Honestly, if you aren't nodding along to Quo, you're inhuman, because it's infectious. Next jam, I'm going to stick a Quote track in there.
    Yep, saw them recently and they were one of the highlights of a festival weekend.  Loads of energy and top tunes.  Lots of properly hard rocking, I'm not sure why people can be a bit sniffy about them.  One of the country's best ever rock bands.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Sorry @mrkb, I keep writing you out of drumming history!

I suspect you are writing me out of thefretboard history books so you can step in as “third option emergency drummer who can step in when the real drummer want a pee break” with added singing abilities! I’m keeping an eye on you!!  ;)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4980
    Just watched and enjoyed the Comfortably Numb video. All I can say guys is well done all, very enjoyable. 

And almost everyone loves Quo. Long may the continue rockin...
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• mrkb said:
    Big Bad Moon is a great shout. 

Reminds me of watching Sevilla Expo '92 on VHS over and over again at the age of about 14. Everything I love about guitar was in that show. 
    Well that’s one for the list then!
    It’s actually an easy beginners riff for the rhythm as well - just needs a virtuoso to do the solo!
    Count me in
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    Just between you and me, 12 Gold Bars was my first album. Sssshhhhh.
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    The Sasquatch jam just gone has me wanting to do more. I had a great time, yet I’m feeling my single song contribution was a drop in the ocean to what others did. I am now far more
    likely to give other things a go, and if there a reprise for one or two of the songs we did last weekend, then I’ll be a happy chappy.

I would also be up for doing a Zappa song. Say Camarillo Brillo. But I guess that depends on whether anyone else is interested. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5369
    The journey of a thousand miles, @fandango ... 

What I'm loving is that pretty much everyone has come away enthused to.do more/develop, whatever their starting point. That had to be a good thing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    It’s a great learning environment! You can be as simple as strum a chord on the first beat (which is all I do when I’m singing and playing) - which anyone of any ability can do, or widdle like the pros. Everyone is included of all abilities as long as they are prepared to put a bit of effort in and learn the song structure!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1

Yep, saw them recently and they were one of the highlights of a festival weekend.  Loads of energy and top tunes.  Lots of properly hard rocking, I'm not sure why people can be a bit sniffy about them.  One of the country's best ever rock bands.
    Ok @modellista that's you and me rocking a Quo track at the next jam.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27482

*cough*

and me too ... please!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    TTony said:

*cough*

and me too ... please!
    I'd like to do a quo number too....
    Ok, all we need is a drummer and that's the first number on the set list.
    Ok, all we need is a drummer and that's the first number on the set list.
    We have drummer choice for next time round - there's a queue of 3 !
  • Feb 9th 2019. 

Come back tour...

Get yer names down! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    Feb 9th 2019. 

Come back tour...

Get yer names down! 
    The Official Bridgehouse Birthday Jam