Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Guitar Show 2019 - 23rd - 24th February, The New Bingley Hall, Birmingham

What's Hot
JasonJason Frets: 1102
edited September 2018 in Guitar tFB Trader
Hello All

The first press release is going out on Monday so I thought I would post up the info here first.

I've just spent the morning updating the exhibitor list  - website www.theguitarshow.co.uk 

It is almost done, but looks pretty impressive so far, I have some great new exhibitors, ESP, Hiwatt, Maton, Oil City, Seth Baccus, Zilla Music and Zander Circuitry plus all the usual.

For the live stage I have booked: Bumblefoot (ex-GN'R & Sons Of Apollo), Rhino (Rhino's Revenge & Status Quo), Chris Buck, Paul Sayer (The Temperance Movement), Brooks Williams (Acoustic Blues), Gasoline & Matches (Country), Joe Corbin (Blues) plus a few others to be named soon. These will be a mix of playing and/or a rundown of their rig. I'm trying to get a run down for 5 mins before each performance, so everyone knows what the gear is they are using. The Paul Sayer will be like I did with Dan Hawkins this year, he uses a lot of vintage guitars and Lazy J amps, so I'll be very interested to hear that set up.

The advert and all the social media channels will carry an image of an Orville Les Paul Custom in white, this is for a variety of reasons;

1) I have a slight obsession with MIJ Guitars (I own 3 Orvilles myself)

2) Every year I want  to give away the advert's "hero" guitar, I can't afford to give away a proper Gibson (unless Peach get very silly ) but I can afford to give away an Orville.

3) A lot of my favourite guitarists play LPCs

4) They look cool

5) I'll tell you if I see you

I would put an image up, but imgur won't allow me to upload at the moment????

I've been back through the 2018 thread and the only complaint I can find was the cock up on the first morning with the prepaid tickets, but if you have any points you would like to raise or any suggestions of what you would like to see, please let me know, I will do my very best to make all sensible* suggestions happen.

If you could follow the show on social media that would be great, lots of news about the show will be on there, plus endless guitar based memes.

Instragram - theguitarshowuk

Twitter - theguitarshowuk

I think that's all for now - thank you

Jason

*too many times I've been asked for Hendrix or Cobain etc.

The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27308
    edited August 2018
    Jason said:
    I would put an image up, but imgur won't allow me to upload at the moment????

I don't know of any reason why it wouldn't.  If you email me the image (or a link to it), I'll get it uploaded and embedded in your post.

Looks like we've got another date for diaries;

23rd - 24th February

And you've got Rhino coming!!  Last time I saw him was in a pub in Ipswich ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JasonJason Frets: 1102
    tFB Trader
    TTony said:
    You've got Rhino coming!!
    I do, with his band
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16227
    Good stuff, I always look forward to it. Hoping to spot Neville Martin eating curry again.

I saw Status Quo at the weekend and have been humming Caroline and similar ditties since since so I'll keep that up until February. They were booked to play for an hour and played for 1 hour and 40 minutes so you might have problems getting Rhino off stage!

Imgur has been having problems for the last few days.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    tFB Trader
    Good stuff, I always look forward to it. Hoping to spot Neville Martin eating curry again.

I saw Status Quo at the weekend and have been humming Caroline and similar ditties since since so I'll keep that up until February. They were booked to play for an hour and played for 1 hour and 40 minutes so you might have problems getting Rhino off stage!

Imgur has been having problems for the last few days.
    I'll put him on last then :)

Ahhh I see, I thought it was computer, I'll try again next week, but if anyone really wants to see it, its on the website

tFB Trader
    @TTony thank you, that's it, sitting at home at the moment, waiting for a good set up, trying to worm itself in to my affections
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3664
    Awesome. It's around my birthday again which means that I CAN GO WHERE I WANT and the family can't object as  attending the show is my present to myself.

Didn't get a cake from you last year though...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Awesome. It's around my birthday again which means that I CAN GO WHERE I WANT and the family can't object as  attending the show is my present to myself.

To be fair, it wasn't a cake, but I did have a pastry waiting for you, you never said "hello, where is my cake?"

would the addition of a cup of tea help for 2019?
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4665
    Hoping to make this one, will see as the year progresses!

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3664
    Jason said:

To be fair, it wasn't a cake, but I did have a pastry waiting for you, you never said "hello, where is my cake?"

Done.
    tFB Trader
    Jason said:

Done.
    Come and find me, the guys on the ticket desk will point out my office/canteen/demo room/green room

Pastry with a hot beverage of your choice

You may have to share a sofa with Bumblefoot
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4778
    edited September 2018
    @vasselmeyer ;, if I'm there I'll bring a cake for you.  Will red velvet suit you?  The cake that is, not clothing apparels.
    tFB Trader
    @vasselmayer , if I'm there I'll bring a cake for you.  Will red velvet suit you?  The cake that is, not clothing apparels.
    What do you mean "if I'm there"? If you aren't coming and doing the facebook countdown from about November I'm cancelling the whole thing
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Jason said:
    @vasselmayer , if I'm there I'll bring a cake for you.  Will red velvet suit you?  The cake that is, not clothing apparels.
    What do you mean "if I'm there"? If you aren't coming and doing the facebook countdown from about November I'm cancelling the whole thing
    He's just playing hard-to-get.  Last year he sold himself off to a higher bidder and abandoned our stand.  This year I'll have doughnuts, so I know he'll be with us all day.

(Even when we tell him to bugger off).
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    What a tease ;)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sounds like it'll be a cracking event. Good to see some buzz for this, the second-bestest guitar related event of Feb '19.  ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Sounds like it'll be a cracking event. Good to see some buzz for this, the second-bestest guitar related event of Feb '19.  ;)
    I’ll settle for that. ;)
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2565
    tFB Trader
    Awesome, looking forward to it again next year
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6589
    Cool, Ron Bumblefoot was a great entertainer when he last attended (3 years ago??)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 9888
    tFB Trader
    We're busy at Oil City thinking up interesting 'show day specials' for you guys  ... it'll be our first show ... so we intend to make it a memorable one.
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message