Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Guitar Show 2019 - 23rd - 24th February, The New Bingley Hall, Birmingham

What's Hot
1101112131416»

Comments

• JasonJason Frets: 1103
    tFB Trader
    trolley said:
    Just as a quick FYI regarding parking - There's loads of free parking in the streets nearby the venue. I've never had trouble parking close to the Hall and just walking.
    I understand that this isn't ideal for some members here, but it's a pretty good area for parking, so don't rely on the Bingley Hall car park for parking as it gets full quickly.

I was going to suggest that maybe on-site parking should be for exhibitors & disabled only. If there was a cheap, secure parking place nearby I'd happily use it. Or park on the street like I did this time. But if I lived there I'd get pissed off rapidly
    I have been and asked all the companies close by if I could pay them to use their car parks over the weekend, all said no due to insurance issues.
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepy said:
    trolley said:
    Just as a quick FYI regarding parking - There's loads of free parking in the streets nearby the venue. I've never had trouble parking close to the Hall and just walking.
    I understand that this isn't ideal for some members here, but it's a pretty good area for parking, so don't rely on the Bingley Hall car park for parking as it gets full quickly.

I was going to suggest that maybe on-site parking should be for exhibitors & disabled only. If there was a cheap, secure parking place nearby I'd happily use it. Or park on the street like I did this time. But if I lived there I'd get pissed off rapidly
    Or do what we did and get therefore @9:45
    There is quite a lot of industrial/ warehousing type streets around the back which isn't really in use at the weekend with a fair amount of parking. Including a couple of car parks, pity they won't leave these open for a small fee ( I think Jason has asked in the past). In past years there has been a bit of a bottleneck around the exit to the main car park which didn't seem to happen this year ( I drove to NBH five times over the weekend as I not only attended but provided a taxi service for my son who was working there so I had a good look) which I suspect was the main issue for local residents in the past.

On Sunday I went to the NEC to the Caravan and Camping show ( after my Bingley drop off and before getting back to it ...) - lots of parking but a twenty minute walk into the centre, ticket purchasing was organised chaos and the catering is an eye watering cost. One of the shows with free parking as it happens but about £8 for most shows there. Made me yearn for the simple pleasures of New Bingley Hall!   

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Now then, all those people who say that modelling gear isn't good enough can do one.  For demoing pedals and guitars it is outstanding.  Ron Thal was jamming with various people using a variety of modelling gear on the Vigier stand and he sounded awesome.  The problem is that it was my rig and it'll never sound that good again . 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2579
    tFB Trader
    I didn't make it this year, but for the sort of show this is you need longer and more frequent periods with no electric guitars being played, 30 min out of every hour, it works and actually the amp guys will sell more amps because they can actually talk to the potential customers.

Amp builders who want to still be able to demo the amps in these periods can use a OX box or Two notes live with head phones, or just have a computer streaming demo videos of their products.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    tFB Trader
    And yet with FX talking about them is kinda pointless. People need to play multiple pedals to nail the sound they're after. Maybe the amp guys can just turn down a tad?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom