Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Anderton's Vertex video

What's Hot

Comments

• PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4173
    edited November 2018
    Genuine question - is the guy still scamming or has he turned over a new leaf? Perhaps he's changed?
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AnacharsisAnacharsis Frets: 200
    edited November 2018
    Also, multiple wah scam victims have stated that he offered only a partial refund. He's lied about that, too.

I don't recall him even claiming to have given refunds to the cable buyers.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Basically , he has a history of selling products that are literally other people's work with his badge on it. He lies about how his products work. He lies about it all and threatens legal action when he gets caught. He likes to name drop famous musicians as if they are clients / endorsees, even when they have explicitly told him not too (Landau and Bonamassa have both had to write "open letters" disowning him). He claimed to have an EE degree from Berkeley (he doesn't). I see the andertons video contains a further lie about why he doesn't have an EE degree from Berkeley. 

I'm a world full of slightly dubious ethics Vertex is undoubtedly the king of the scammers, and utterly unrepentant with it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Repeated scammer, repeated liar...

Shameful by Anderson’s imho
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 13reaction image Wisdom
  • Philtre said:
    Genuine question - is the guy still scamming or has he turned over a new leaf? Perhaps he's changed?
    Still scamming. See above - many of the things listed happened after the wah scam. Also, note that in the video, he even lies about Berkeley eliminating its EE program as part of his false explanation for his previous lies about his education.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5262
    he's the Trump of the pedal world
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • mixolydmixolyd Frets: 826
    I expect to see an apology video within days, the downvote ratio and deluge of negative comments - many of which are very well informed - will make this video a PR disaster for Andertons.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @Anacharsis are you from tgp by any chance?

Mr vertex did show up here for a while @VertexEffects I think???
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Andertons need to pull this asap.
  • I'm guessing (or hoping) that andertons don't really research and take things at face value. Plenty of other brands to choose from. Do hope Lee addresses the backlash. I don't think I've seen an andertons video with such a volume of negative comments before. 
  • KKJaleKKJale Frets: 982
    edited November 2018
    Of course he's never "apologised" for threatening to sue the ass off the poor guy that uncovered the wah scam in the first place... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • Maybe Vertex could team up with DeviEver. That would be a dream company if ever there was one. 
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @Anacharsis are you from tgp by any chance?

Mr vertex did show up here for a while @VertexEffects I think???
    I'm not "from" there. I mean, I do post there, but it's not like my home town or anything.  =)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    Comments and like/dislike proportion on there have got to be ringing alarm bells in Guildford. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    I'm guessing (or hoping) that andertons don't really research and take things at face value. Plenty of other brands to choose from. Do hope Lee addresses the backlash. I don't think I've seen an andertons video with such a volume of negative comments before. 
    The re-made Mesa one! Lots of downvotes there too. 

This video is certainly strange. 
    I don't believe for a second that Lee is putting money before his integrity. 

Why choose this Mason scammer then when Lee could have chose from a plethora of boutique builders if he just wanted to cash in. 

I don't know who approached who, but in the video didnt Lee say they have stocked Vertex shit since last year? I can't say I'd ever seen the name on the website.. 

Maybe Lee did know about his history but took him on his word that he's changed, little did he know he hasnt. 

I'd say give it a couple days. 

Like the Mesa video no doubt Andertons will issue a response to clear stuff up. 

Hopefully that response is adequate.. 

The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    Meanwhile I hear he was caught sticking Vertex stickers on Thorpys stuff on the way out..... 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    skunkwerx said:
    Meanwhile I hear he was caught sticking Vertex stickers on Thorpys stuff on the way out..... 

Hey now, I'm sure "The Norwegian" OD is a perfectly original design.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Maybe Vertex could team up with DeviEver. That would be a dream company if ever there was one. 
    Exclusively distributed in the UK by Music Ground...

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm guessing (or hoping) that andertons don't really research and take things at face value. Plenty of other brands to choose from. Do hope Lee addresses the backlash. I don't think I've seen an andertons video with such a volume of negative comments before. 
    This. 

To give Lee a bit of back up here, he doesn't follow forums and I will bet he didn't know half the story about what happened. A quick google may have shown up the Wah and the apology and the refunds and taken that as enough to give it a shot. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Haven't watched the video and don't know the history or the truth one way or the other behind this. 

What I do know is that to run a post with the title 

Anderton's spreading Vertex lies...

is implying that Andertons know that these are lies. 

That's a big thing to accuse them of. Is that actually what you mean? Can you prove that Andertons know it's not true?

If you can, fine. If not, let's just see what happens before we crucify the shop, perhaps?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom