Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Anderton's Vertex video

What's Hot

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11877
    Adam_MD said:
    I’m not really bothered by the video I just don’t think I care but would like to know Who’s dumb enough to actually buy anything by vertex now?  
    Lots of people.  LOTS AND LOTS of people.

The only people who knows are in forums, and in this very thread alone there are people asking "who is he?"

There are a lot of people out there who will just buy it base on this video, Andertons knows that.   The people who actually knows the history AND also vowed not to touch his stuff are in the VERY VERY minority.  Looking at the books, i wouldn't think Andertons cares that much.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Haven't watched the video and don't know the history or the truth one way or the other behind this. 

What I do know is that to run a post with the title 

Anderton's spreading Vertex lies...

is implying that Andertons know that these are lies. 

That's a big thing to accuse them of. Is that actually what you mean? Can you prove that Andertons know it's not true?

If you can, fine. If not, let's just see what happens before we crucify the shop, perhaps?
    I would find it it almost impossible to believe that Andertons do not honestly know about the history of this man...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Haven't watched the video and don't know the history or the truth one way or the other behind this. 

That's a big thing to accuse them of. Is that actually what you mean? Can you prove that Andertons know it's not true?

If you can, fine. If not, let's just see what happens before we crucify the shop, perhaps?
    This.

Right, guys...I haven't watched the video and I don't have time to right now. Can somebody who has tell me whether the points raised in this thread (particularly in the first three posts) were mentioned in the video?
    <space for hire>
  • I'm guessing (or hoping) that andertons don't really research and take things at face value. Plenty of other brands to choose from. Do hope Lee addresses the backlash. I don't think I've seen an andertons video with such a volume of negative comments before. 
    This. 

To give Lee a bit of back up here, he doesn't follow forums and I will bet he didn't know half the story about what happened. 
    -wait, so one of the world's most social media savvy and active guitar shops doesn't follow social media?

Lee Anderton, music industry insider, massive blues-head and huge fan of Joe Bonamassa isn't aware of JB publically calling this guy out?

Pull the other one, it's got bells on. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
    Haven't watched the video and don't know the history or the truth one way or the other behind this. 

I would find it it almost impossible to believe that Andertons do not honestly know about the history of this man...
    Even if Lee himself doesn't know, I find it impossible to believe that none of his staff are the same and no one in the entire company has visited any forums for the past 4-5 years.  Guildford is not exactly that rural, they have the internet there.  

Someone, like Rob Chapman, who runs a forum!!! would have said "hey Lee, the internet is not going to like this."

Come on, even I know and I am not exactly that big a frequent reader of TGP or here.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm guessing (or hoping) that andertons don't really research and take things at face value. Plenty of other brands to choose from. Do hope Lee addresses the backlash. I don't think I've seen an andertons video with such a volume of negative comments before. 
    This. 

To give Lee a bit of back up here, he doesn't follow forums and I will bet he didn't know half the story about what happened. 
    -wait, so one of the world's most social media savvy and active guitar shops doesn't follow social media?

Lee Anderton, music industry insider, massive blues-head and huge fan of Joe Bonamassa isn't aware of JB publically calling this guy out?

You'd be surprised how many prominent YouTubers (and those on Instagram, Twitter etc) don't actually spend much time tooling around on social media. I've met a few, and the one thing that they all had in common was "not enough time to spend on that sort of thing".

And besides that...the Vertex controversy was actually pretty small-fry in the industry overall.

Point is, he was probably aware of the JB issue when it came to a head, but may well not know about everything that led to that point.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9542
    edited November 2018
    The reality is, and I understand why, this thread (like virtually all on TGP) will be pulled soon.

In this day and age, we cannot simply challenge such things... as we cross legal boundaries, and the power and might of those involved. The ‘music community’ - those who work there and benefit - (like all concerns where it provides livelihood) will reject this and stick together...

Sadly, the outcome is that the alledged culprits get away with it each time.

This isnt a knock at the Mods; heavens knows how tough it is for them. Its more a comment about modern society...

@digitalscream - dont take my and others hearsay for it, have a watch yourself mate
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    I'm guessing (or hoping) that andertons don't really research and take things at face value. Plenty of other brands to choose from. Do hope Lee addresses the backlash. I don't think I've seen an andertons video with such a volume of negative comments before. 
    This. 

You'd be surprised how many prominent YouTubers (and those on Instagram, Twitter etc) don't actually spend much time tooling around on social media. I've met a few, and the one thing that they all had in common was "not enough time to spend on that sort of thing".

And besides that...the Vertex controversy was actually pretty small-fry in the industry overall.

Point is, he was probably aware of the JB issue when it came to a head, but may well not know about everything that led to that point.
    This. If I'm running a very popular and busy online and physical business, as well as a guitar company, and a very active Youtube channel, among the hundreds of other things Lee Anderton has to do, then I'm not going to have a spare second to actively trawl through forums. I can barely do that when I'm trying to work my own job and look after my son/do husband stuff, so I'd imagine it's even more the case for Lee (and most of his staff too). 

Innocent (or close enough) until proven guilty. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 635
    For info: Peach and guitarguitar are also Vertex dealers.

I haven’t watched the video... is it just the video people are objecting to? If so, that would suggest it’s fine to be a silent dealer. Personally, I don’t get that position.

You stock em, you stand by em as a business in my book.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • If you're running an online guitar shop that uses social media as a massive part of your web presence, and therefore a massive part of your sales, and you're not checking in on what forums, twitter etc to see what customers are saying/thinking then frankly you're not doing your job. 

... And I seem to recall that Andertons got upset with TFB because they didn't like what some people here said about them? How does that work if they don't read forums? 

Sorry, but I literally don't believe anyone who works in social media who claims not to read it themselves. It's a convenient narrative that allows them to not have to interact with negativity but the idea that they aren't aware of what's out there? Nah. 

Honestly, three minutes with Google tells you all you need to know about Vertex. And if I were Andertons, and I already knew about the wah, I'd have been spending a lot longer than 3 minutes let me tell you. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom

Even if Lee himself doesn't know, I find it impossible to believe that none of his staff are the same and no one in the entire company has visited any forums for the past 4-5 years.  Guildford is not exactly that rural, they have the internet there.  

Someone, like Rob Chapman, who runs a forum!!! would have said "hey Lee, the internet is not going to like this."

Come on, even I know and I am not exactly that big a frequent reader of TGP or here.
    When I was reminding myself about Vertex one of the first places that came up on Google was Rob's forum. I don't particularly expect him to have read or remembered a thread from several years ago but it seemed at least a little bit ironic. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    BBBlues said:
    For info: Peach and guitarguitar are also Vertex dealers.

I haven’t watched the video... is it just the video people are objecting to? If so, that would suggest it’s fine to be a silent dealer. Personally, I don’t get that position.

You stock em, you stand by em as a business in my book.
    Money talks.
  • How can you spend 45 minutes talking about a boost and an overdrive pedal!?
  • If you're running an online guitar shop that uses social media as a massive part of your web presence, and therefore a massive part of your sales, and you're not checking in on what forums, twitter etc to see what customers are saying/thinking then frankly you're not doing your job. 
    Actually, you employ people to do that for you.

... And I seem to recall that Andertons got upset with TFB because they didn't like what some people here said about them? How does that work if they don't read forums? 
    ...because somebody pointed him here. Lee Anderton doesn't spend any real amount of time on here.

When I was reminding myself about Vertex one of the first places that came up on Google was Rob's forum. I don't particularly expect him to have read or remembered a thread from several years ago but it seemed at least a little bit ironic. 

Nah, the real irony is that Rob doesn't spend any time on his own forum, except when he's announcing a new CG product ;)

Anyway, it looks like I'm not going to be able to deal with this one - my mother-in-law has just had a heart attack, so I've retrieved her dog and I'm probably heading over to the hospital shortly.
    <space for hire>
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    If you're running an online guitar shop that uses social media as a massive part of your web presence, and therefore a massive part of your sales, and you're not checking in on what forums, twitter etc to see what customers are saying/thinking then frankly you're not doing your job. 
    Actually, you employ people to do that for you.

...because somebody pointed him here. Lee Anderton doesn't spend any real amount of time on here.

Nah, the real irony is that Rob doesn't spend any time on his own forum, except when he's announcing a new CG product ;)

Anyway, it looks like I'm not going to be able to deal with this one - my mother-in-law has just had a heart attack, so I've retrieved her dog and I'm probably heading over to the hospital shortly.
    Christ dude, I hope she's OK - best of luck and strength today. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11765
    edited November 2018

In Lee's absence this one looks like it needs some modmin oversight?

Sorry to tag you but some of the stuff in here, right or wrong, is controversial.  Even sticking "allegedly" in the thread title might help!
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    edited November 2018
    It has been suggested elsewhere that (and this is not my information) that some of these videos by online stores (not just Andertons) are actually paid for or 'sponsored' by the manufacturer.

As I mentioned, this should be pulled. Stock the pedals if you wish, but don't push it down our throats otherwise people (not me - I just won't watch it and I won't buy them anyway) will react. 

I'm not aiming this at one store in particular. 

At the end of the day, a lot of people seem to think these Youtubers are their friends and are there to help you out. Whilst it may be true in some respects with certain people, what you have to remember is that a large majority of these gear videos exist SOLELY to make money. It is one big advertising/marketing stunt to bring in sales/youtube revenue. 

You'd be surprised at the amount of people who will buy from company A at a higher price because company A makes them feel like they are part of some internet community. 

Call it cynicism or whatever, but it comes down to one thing. Money. 

I will always choose a company who respects me, acts politely, and does offer better prices. Youtube videos or not. 
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8707
    Haven't watched the video and don't know the history or the truth one way or the other behind this. 

Thread title changed. Vertex’s activities are worth discussing. Anderton’s decision to make and publish the video is worth discussing. However they don’t merit the insinuations of a clickbate title.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Maybe Vertex could team up with DeviEver. That would be a dream company if ever there was one. 
    DeviEvertex
  • Roland said:

Thread title changed. Vertex’s activities are worth discussing. Anderton’s decision to make and publish the video is worth discussing. However they don’t merit the insinuations of a clickbate title.
    Good stuff mate... as i said, it's a tough one for the Mods.

@digitalscream - all the best with the family mate.