teamJooky & the Alnico tour

What's Hot
JookyjrJookyjr Frets: 870
edited December 2015 in Guitar
Well, to start with - quick apology for the disappearing raffle thread, and to the six chaps* who were quick off the mark with their donations.  We jumped (or, more accurately, hopped) the gun a bit and needed to get a bit more of our thoughts thunk and organising organised before kicking it all off.

So, here it is, thunk, organised and rebooted, a newer, shinier thing that will hopefully make everybody smile and raise a few bob for Alnico and others beyond. We’re calling it ‘Gimme Shelter’, or possibly ‘Gordon’ for short.

But what is it I am waffling about? I’m glad you asked:

As previously mentioned, there will be a rather cute Jooky Guitar being made over the next few weeks. A build thread will show the progress HERE. This will have a quite stunning and unique top, gloriously cool Mojo Mojotron pickup and lots of other bits too. It will be a La Cabronita like no other.

We’re aiming to get it all done and done before the end of Jan, but our aim does wander a bit at times, so follow the progress on the thread.

The guitar will be raffled, with the winner getting to keep it forever after happy.

But before the raffle happens (which is basically just a dog picking a ball out of a box as far as I can see) - and this is where it gets sneaky cool - the guitar will take a little road  trip of it’s own, a tour if you like.  We may even have tour T-Shirts (I can hear TTony sighing at that one already) and a tour bus and maybe even a tour (oops, no, getting carried away with myself there) which will see it passed from hand to hand around the country and played a little bit along the way. 

For those of you old enough to remember Music Radar and the saga of the Tickled Pink One, this will be quite familiar. It was a lot of fun and there is a whole blog about it HERE. Jules @McToot still wakens in a puddle of sweat, possibly, at the thought of the organisational machinations and general herding of guitarists into a straight and orderly, well, anything.
TPOne was all about raising awareness and a little cash for Breast Cancer, and we’d like to use TPTwo to do the same for Shelter and all the work that they do for people like Andy.  So, we’ll need some PR support to max that and maybe we’ll talk to Shelter about what input they’d like to have too.

To mitigate the chaos that was TPOne, TPTwo will be strictly limited to 25 lucky people though, and it will definitely be on a first come first served basis*.  There is one small caveat - if you’d like to be one of the 25, please think about what you could do to help with the PR aspect, local events, gigs, publicity, whatever.

To be one of the magical 25 will cost £20 a head.  You get to keep the guitar for a couple of weeks  and will be entered in the raffle to possibly win the guitar. We’d also like fotos of you playing it somewhere cool if at all possible, plenty of twittering and facebookery, bonus points for gigs and festies.

Those 25 x £20s will go half to Andy’s fund and half to a donation to Shelter to help others in Andy’s situation.

And speaking of the raffle, to make it fair (and keep it as simple as possible), everybody who has made a donation to the cause so far will gain one entry to the raffle. It doesn’t matter how much or how many donations you make/have made, one entry is maximum per person. 

Of course you can still make a donation to be eligible for the raffle, even if you miss out on the tour, the more the merrier.

And that is that. Full details of the “Gimme Shelter Tour” will follow shortly where you will be able to sign-up…

* Those first 6 who jumped into the raffle as soon as we’d not thought it through properly will be refunded by our resident fat cash controller (calling @TTony), although they also get first call on one of the 25 tour slots if they’d still like to play

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7326
    edited December 2015
    Sounds good. I was one of the first 6, but I don't see any need to be refunded because all I'll do is send it straight back to be entered in to the raffle again, assuming it's still £10?
    I don't want to do the guitar tour thing because I don't think I could help as much as others could.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27494
    edited December 2015
    I'd just like to add that I'm not fat*.  

Massive thanks to teamJooky - whether @JookyChap or @JookyJr - for giving their time, energy and expertise to this.  It's another huge gesture of support for @Alnico, as well as recognising all the work that Shelter too for people with housing issues.

The benefit that we generate from this could be out of all proportion if we get the PR stuff right.  I know JC is practised at this dark art, as is @Gassage, so perhaps between us all we can generate a lot more awareness and benefit from this initiative?  Andy has always said that he'd prefer to keep it low key re his personal situation, so we'd have to focus on generalities rather than specifics, at least for now.

I'll get the 6 refunds refunded shortly.

*fat-ish perhaps?
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2016
    So, to summarise;

- teamJooky are making a guitar, full of Jooky goodness.  And general Jookyness too.
    - Everyone who has already donated, plus all future donors, to the Alnico fund are automatically in the raffle to win the guitar.
    - But the guitar will first go on tour - like the Tickled Pink One - in a PR bid to raise awareness of Shelter's work.
    - To take part in the tour, places are £20/hd (including a raffle entry) and are limited to 25 places.

Get on the tour now ... I'll use this list to keep a track of participants.  The tour schedule will be arranged based on handover logistics, and the timing of possible opportunities to use Gordon in PR supporting activities.

The first 5 slots on the tour schedule are reserved just in case the original raffle entrants (like DefaultM) want to be including on the tour.

01 - speshul91
    02 - modellista
    03 - lewligan
    04 - robwright
    05 - 
    06 - Wazmeister
    07 - Monquixote
    08 - Roland
    09 - failed_astronaut
    10 - 
    11 -
    12 -
    13 -
    14 -
    15 -
    16 -
    17 -
    18 -
    19 -
    20 -
    21 -
    22 -
    23 -
    24 -
    25 - 

Note - colour coding indicates
    - in for the tour but not paid yet
    - in for the tour and paid up.
  • Yep, Im in...
  • JookyjrJookyjr Frets: 870
    @Wazmeister said:
    Yep, Im in...
    Cool - welcome aboard :)

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17609
    tFB Trader
    I'll play if no one minds a mod being involved
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited December 2015
    @wazmeister and @monquixote are both on the tour list.

@alnico has agreed to mastermind the logistics of the tour, but he'll need to balance the ease of handovers (ie trying to arrange a more-or-less geography based sequence so meetings in service stations can be arranged) with opportunities for participants to use the guitar in a PR-friendly opportunity, so it'd be really helpful if those participating can think about where/when/how they'd use the guitar and the relevant dates.

Luckily, I'm leaving all of that detail to Andy!!
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9533
    edited December 2015
    Well, my PR will sadly only be through this forum... I dont do Spacebook (as my mother called it), so let me know if this is no use to you :)
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    Put me down for the tour.
    Also, my donation was made direct so does that mean I'm included or it just those made via the fretboard?
  • JookyjrJookyjr Frets: 870
    @monofin said:
    Put me down for the tour.
    Also, my donation was made direct so does that mean I'm included or it just those made via the fretboard?
    All donations count toward the draw - @Alnico will give us a list of the non paypal ones :) Glad you are on the team Jase 

Got the list of donors from Andy. Everyone who donated will be in the raffle/draw.

Tour place/tickets are separate (there's close to 100 people who've donated, so the tour could be severely over-subscribed if we didn't separate them).
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31589
    I was one of the first 6, can you still accept my payment or do I need to send it again?
  • I'd like to be in please. Will it be the usual fretboard email address for the donations? This place is genuinely fantastic sometimes :)
    "As with all things, some days you're the dinosaur, some days you're the monkey." Sporky
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @ttony please don't refund me put it in the pot. Ta.
    Thanks guys

@p90fool - do you want to be in the tour schedule, or just the draw? 
    @failed_astronaut - yes, usual addy - are you in for the tour (£20), or just the draw (£10 suggested donation)?
    @iseverynamegone - thanks, will keep the cash and just put you in the draw.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8704
    Tour please. How do I pay the £20?
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • Payment for the full shebang sent.
    "As with all things, some days you're the dinosaur, some days you're the monkey." Sporky
    Roland said:
    Tour please. How do I pay the £20?
    admin@thefretboard.co.uk - please add your u/n and "tour" into the notes.

:)
  • GruGru Frets: 339
    edited December 2015
    Good luck to everyone that plays on the tour.

I could buy a load of full size cardboard celebs to watch me play in my lounge and take photos, but i wouldn't do it justice (and would be a waste of money)

Also, to everyone that has contributed or organised this great event. Well done!
    Gru said:
    Good luck to everyone that plays on the tour.

I could buy a load of full size cardboard celebs to watch me play in my lounge and take photos, but i wouldn't do it justice (and would be a waste of money)
    Or, you could invite a load of theFB peeps over and tell them to stand very still in a cardboard-cutout sort of way.  

Much cheaper.

:D