Guitar players logic

What's Hot

Comments

• olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    I don't want to go too far into it now, but if some words that someone has written on the internet can hurt you, then you are far too fragile to be here anyway. There are much worse things here that can be found easily.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    1970 said:
    Jack_ said:
    It's the same approach I take to women.
    Can we get some sort of anti-misogyny policy on this forum please? Can a moderator please DM me. I've seen this sort of shit every day since returning here and I'd like to be a part of this community but this is putting me off. If there's no intention to weed out this crap then I won't return. 
    Interesting that your username is 1970, as I often feel that this place is a lot like the 1970's, with regard to some people's attitudes towards women. If there was more overt racism, it would be just like being back there.
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 19701970 Frets: 28
    I'll continue to call it out when I see it. I'd like this place to be open to all, including young girls and women who are interested in playing guitar. No one should come here and be put off by demeaning comments and behaviour. That's not too much to ask. Thanks. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 12reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    1970 said:
    I'll continue to call it out when I see it. I'd like this place to be open to all, including young girls and women who are interested in playing guitar. No one should come here and be put off by demeaning comments and behaviour. That's not too much to ask. Thanks. 

Calm down, dear.

;) 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3625
    1970 said:
    Oh good, a self appointed moderator.

I'll be honest I'm sometimes a little irritated by much of the pointless swearing I read on here but wouldn't think about complaining because it is part of the style of the forum and I take the place as a whole which I actually love.

I've been a member of forums before where stuff has irritated me after a while and I just leave quietly rather than pointlessly try to reform them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484
    edited March 2017
    1970 said:
    I'd like this place to be open to all, including young girls and women who are interested in playing guitar. 

Unfortunately electric guitar is about insecure laddish males who think it's cool to look arrogant and thoughtless.  It's weak to be a thinker and you'll be singled out for it.

On the other hand I have seen women come here for guitar information, and generally they get reasonable help. I think the true plonkers are very much in the minority.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I'm always amazed at people who get offended on behalf of others.
    If people were making personal remarks I could understand it. For instance, I was once called a repulsive, smelly, bald headed creep. That offended me because I'm not bald.

Having said that, I'm delighted that we can count on you to show us the error of our ways and generally adopt a holier than thou attitude.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27610
    Keep it calm please.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    1970 said:
    Who died and made you king?

A dozen posts and you're already pitching your manifesto?

You need to lighten up.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27610
    @Jack_ ;

TTony said: Keep it calm please.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • Im very dissapointed that people are deriding dentists. These noble practitioners ( of which I AM NOT WORTHY enough to be one) however I feel these gods need protecting from the comments and anti PRS rhetoric i am hearing. If it doesnt cease i feel i may have to take my chines PRS type elsewhere.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2930
    whiteknight.jpg
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    Im very dissapointed that people are deriding dentists. These noble practitioners ( of which I AM NOT WORTHY enough to be one) however I feel these gods need protecting from the comments and anti PRS rhetoric i am hearing. If it doesnt cease i feel i may have to take my chines PRS type elsewhere.

You think you've got a problem. My dentist is a woman. I'm dying here!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • valevale Frets: 1052
    edited March 2017
    when i was younger (omg am i actually saying that already! i'm only 36!!) i used to use girls shoe logic to justify buying gear. so the trick is you don't think about the actual price in terms of a lump sum you are putting on the counter, but you divide the price between how many times you expect to use it while you have it.

for example if you play it every night for a year that's 365 times a year, so for a £365 guitar that's only £1 a night, if you keep it for two years 50p a night, etc.
    you can justify all manner of guitar acq syndrome evil to yourself with that technique, believe me.

the most i've ever spent on a guitar in my life is £200 as i'm not rich & always bills to pay, so i'm quite sensible about gear compared to most i know.
    but i used ot have more pedals than i strictly needed & that was the trick i played on myself when i wanted one.
    hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    vale said:
    when i was younger (omg am i actually saying that already! i'm only 36!!) i used to use girls shoe logic to justify buying gear. so the trick is you don't think about the actual price in terms of a lump sum you are putting on the counter, but you divide the price between how many times you expect to use it while you have it.
    Not all girls are interested in buying shoes, stop being so misogynistic.
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Jack_ said:
    vale said:
    Lol. Ironic.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Jack_ said:
    vale said:
    I take it you're single.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Sassafras said:
    Jack_ said:
    vale said:
    I take it you're single.
    Actually the beauty of the comment is the misogyny in assuming @vale is male as this is a guitar forum. 

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Sassafras said:
    Jack_ said:
    vale said:
    I take it you're single.
    Actually the beauty of the comment is the misogyny in assuming @vale is male as this is a guitar forum. 

And referring to females as girls..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • valevale Frets: 1052
    edited March 2017
    usedtobe said:
    Sassafras said:
    Jack_ said:
    vale said:
    I take it you're single.

And referring to females as girls..
    haha, i see....

well when i used to waste far too much time thinking about shoes & playing number games with my tiny pt earnings i kinda was a 'girl', though i'm sure i thought myself fully the swishy lady about town (& probs would have been mortally offended by someone calling me a 'girl', so appreciate @Jack_ 's point).

but now i use boys/girls in an arch affectionate sense (now, now, boys/girls, play nice!).
    blunt men/women in arguments usually (grrr bloody men! silly woman!).
    & familiar guys & bitches in off-duty & at home situations ('make me a coffee, bitch!).

language is a feast, eat up!

ps. i still use the 'shoe logic' this trick on myself & i still think there's relevance in it as a value concept.
    hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...