Andertons PRS Interview

What's Hot
ricorico Frets: 1220
I had this on in the background just now as something to half listen to whilst i'm working and I can't get over how much of a dick PRS is. I don't care much for his guitars at all but I was curious to listen to the part where they discuss the freebie that Lee got at NAMM - the man won't shut up!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Panama_Jack666Panama_Jack666 Frets: 2989
    edited April 2017
    I thought the same. He seems pretty rude in my opinion!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26608
    Totally agree. Lee deals with it far better than I would, though...presumably at least in part 'cos he got a free guitar ;)
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    Yeah spot on. Playing over Lee talking with and without amps is just not on. He comes across like an arrogant shit. He's not even a good enough player to carry it off.
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    I would hate to work for him, it's all about him in his world.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11451
    If it was a choice between him, Henry J, or the corporate suits at Fender he might be the least bad option.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I have to say, he seemed OK to me. Yes... the guitar noodling is mildly annoying... but it's not so much a formal interview - more an informal chat... and, besides, there are loads of guitarists that suffer from the same affliction.

... and anyone that says good things about Rory Gallagher is worthy of praise. ;-)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I would hate to work for him, it's all about him in his world.

Maybe.. maybe not. Hard to extrapolate and determine what he'd be like as a boss.

That said... to achieve what he's achieved (and in such a conservative market - where so many potential buyers only want to buy endless variations of guitar designs that originate in the early to mid 1950s)... can probably only be achieved by someone that's sufficiently single-minded and focussed.

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    I'm only about 5 mins in, but he seems to hold Lee in high regard and seems thankful for his business..but he just suffers form that guitar player thing, where they hold a guitar - must play guitar.. we've all ben in bands with those people in!
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26608
    I'm only about 5 mins in, but he seems to hold Lee in high regard and seems thankful for his business..but he just suffers form that guitar player thing, where they hold a guitar - must play guitar.. we've all ben in bands with those people in!
    ...and either sacked them or quit ;)
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Keep watching...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    very true. but it doesn't indicate that they are bad people to work for...
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    I watch most of these, they're often the best thing Andertons put out, but I couldn't bear this one, got turned off very quickly. The new Paul Gilbert one however was a joy, two people at opposite ends of the like-ability scale.
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    Is that a subtle dig???
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Is that a not so subtle dig?
  • I would hate to work for him, it's all about him in his world.

@professorben..... Ben, we've been meaning to say... it's not us it's you. ;-)

@professorben..... Ben, we've been meaning to say... it's not us it's you. ;-)
    Again?!!!
    rico said:
    Keep watching...
    I couldn't, i made it to 15 mins. Got unbearably annoying. 
    @Teetonetal haha I thought so!
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    That wasn't a very good interview but Paul's actually a really nice guy and always happy to stand and talk guitars for a while with anyone (not just his own either)
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291

That's about 4 minutes more than I could manage. Nothing to do with PRS.