Andertons PRS Interview

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11773
    Whitecat said:
    The fact that he refers to himself as "The Captain" and has his own Facebook fan page kind of indicates otherwise, but if you guys say so I'll take your word for it. 
    To be fair, it's just a likely someone else gave him the nickname "The Captain".

I think the last few posts have got at cross-purposes over whether we are talking about PRS or Lee Anderton?  Both have always come across OK to me,
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Whitecat said:
    The fact that he refers to himself as "The Captain" and has his own Facebook fan page kind of indicates otherwise, but if you guys say so I'll take your word for it. 
    Think his staff call him that.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    The Paul Gilbert video was brilliant. Really worth watching, even if like me you're not particularly familiar with the guy.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    andyp said:
    The Paul Gilbert video was brilliant. Really worth watching, even if like me you're not particularly familiar with the guy.
    Yup I agree!
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2382
    Whitecat said:
    Think his staff call him that.
    Better than Lee St John Anderton :)
  • MoosterMooster Frets: 68

Whenever I was to see a YouTube clip on PRS guitars and PRS is in it, I roll my eyes and try to find a better vid. Not that he's a bad guy, but he's just a bit too faux nice and not relaxed and just himself. He's a bit more natural when he's talking about technical aspects of guitar building because he's too wrapped up in guitar-nerdery so speaks straight.

However, I have immense respect for him and in my mind he is one of the key figures that improved mass production guitar luthery across the board, from Fender to Gibson, etc. Whether or not you like PRS or PRS guitars, we've all benefited.

• GadgieGadgie Frets: 96
    Neil said:
    PRS is an American.

What can seem like pushiness and possibly even rudeness to us is perfectly normal in business to many Stateside.

I have an American daughter-in law! :o
    The problem with that argument is that - in any culture - playing an instrument while somebody's speaking (loudly enough that you can't reasonably hear what they're saying) isn't pushiness...it's plain ignorance.
    I agree, completely.

You guys need to have a look at what's really going on in the world if you think what his guy has done is an unforgivable crime to another person. He was only noodling for crying out loud...
  • GadgieGadgie Frets: 96
    Neil said:
    PRS is an American.

What can seem like pushiness and possibly even rudeness to us is perfectly normal in business to many Stateside.

I have an American daughter-in law! :o
    The problem with that argument is that - in any culture - playing an instrument while somebody's speaking (loudly enough that you can't reasonably hear what they're saying) isn't pushiness...it's plain ignorance.
    I agree, completely.

You guys need to have a look at what's really going on in the world if you think what his guy has done is an unforgivable crime to another person. He was only noodling for crying out loud...