Life is too short

What's Hot
SonicScytheSonicScythe Frets: 59
edited April 2017 in Off Topic
I'm sure I'm not going to endear myself to a lot of the regulars on here with this thread, but from an outsider (I've not been on here long) I've quickly come to the conclusion that there are a sizable bunch of miserable sods on here who love a good moan over the silliest of things.

Things like that 'guitar solos that I HATE' thread or the 'Are a lot of guitarists just out to impress each other' thread. So you people really 'HATE' a guitar solo because it wasn't to your musical taste? And here's me thinking that terms like 'hate' should be reserved for bigger thinks like terrorism, cruelty, and so on. Here's a tip: if you don't like somebodies guitar playing, it would take all of 10 seconds to say "This isn't for me..." switch it off and put something on that you like. Bonus points if you can extend it to "This isn't for me, but if it makes someone else happy then great." Why waste your life being bitter and snooty about someone that is probably enjoying themselves and has fans that enjoy it too?

Then you've got the 'Things that are guaranteed to put you off an eBay listing' thread. People were just teeing off over the silliest things like 'comes from a pet free/smoke free home'. Is it really that bad that the seller wants you to know that the item isn't going to stink of fags or wet dog? Some other guy posted a thread mocking a guy for selling an open-coil H-S-H guitar and listing it as having 5 pickups, WTF, the guy is clearly a novice and was doing his best to describe what he saw, why highlight that to mock him?

And yes I'm fully away that it seems like *I'm* having a moan here, but I don't feel like I am, I just want to point something out that you can agree or disagree with, whatever. But I will say this because it's true; life IS too short to get wound up over the smallest of things and if you spent more time on things that you enjoy rather than things that annoy you, you will be a much happier person for it. And if tearing down other people is what makes you happy, then it sucks to be you.

12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17663
    edited April 2017 tFB Trader
    So in summary you created a whinge thread to explain that people shouldn't create whinge threads?

Also moved to ot
    16reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • So in summary you created a whinge thread to explain that people shouldn't create whinge threads?

Also moved to ot
    Can you not read?
    And yes I'm fully away that it seems like *I'm* having a moan here, but I don't feel like I am, I just want to point something out that you can agree or disagree with, whatever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixote said:
    Also moved to ot
    This was in reference to the threads in the guitar section that I've seen, but whatever.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8752
    edited April 2017
    There are plenty of people here who will agree with you. Think of it like a pub. There are people who you like to talk to, people who you talk to when no one else is there, and people you avoid.

Such topics should be in Off Topic, which is where this thread belongs. I'll move it for you.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15614
    yes, life is too short, but having a moan is very cathartic, and it's all pretty harmless. This is a nice safe space where we can come, have a moan and a big ol argument.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • Roland said:
    There are plenty of people here who will agree with you. Think of it like a pub. There are people who you like to talk to, people who you talk to when no one else is there, and people you avoid.
    Fair enough mate, thanks ;)
  • You spent a long time typing that.

Generally I don't post in neg threads, but since this is so clearly not one....
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuego said:
    yes, life is too short, but having a moan is very cathartic, and it's all pretty harmless. This is a nice safe space where we can come, have a moan and a big ol argument.
    I do agree with you somewhat if it was about general life stuff, but if you look, most of what I mention is about tearing other people down and to me it's pointless at best, and shows the mark of a person at worst.

Not really, about five minutes. If you think this is a negative thread then it must show you're in some way against what I said?
  • BarneyBarney Frets: 616
    I think everyone has a opinion and is allowed  to voice it ...i suppose thats why its called a forum where members discuss things and share things ...i cant see the the harm in discussing anything mentioned ...
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3094
    Moaning about stuff is very cathartic - in a world that's impossible to change and nobody listens it's all I have left. :( 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24846
    I rarely start threads - but I'm considering ones on the price of fish, the lack of comedy in Coronation Street and how nostalgia isn't as good as it used to be....
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    SonicScythe said: no
    So in summary you created a whinge thread to explain that people shouldn't create whinge threads?

Also moved to ot
    Can you not read?
    And yes I'm fully away that it seems like *I'm* having a moan here, but I don't feel like I am, I just want to point something out that you can agree or disagree with, whatever.

After reading the op I almost wish i couldn't
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I rarely start threads - but I'm considering ones on the price of fish, the lack of comedy in Coronation Street and how nostalgia isn't as good as it used to be....
    Haha, and it wouldn't be out of place ;)

• After reading the op I almost wish i couldn't
    Enjoy being a miserable bastard then, it's your life! :)
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3094
    Obviously life's not too short for you to live and let live etc. though innit?
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader

After reading the op I almost wish i couldn't
    Enjoy being a miserable bastard then, it's your life! :)

You are the one posting a whinge thread.

I'm just the poor sap who has to clean up after people who don't know which section to post in.

Not really, about five minutes. If you think this is a negative thread then it must show you're in some way against what I said?
    No I just don't understand what you wanted to achieve. The irony being that anyone who thinks life is too short just wouldn't get involved in those threads or worry about them.

I think Roland hit the nail on the head with the pub analogy.

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9591
    edited April 2017

Also moved to ot
    Can you not read?

Not the most endearing response though to one of our mods...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28657
    Moaning about stuff is very cathartic - in a world that's impossible to change and nobody listens it's all I have left. :( 
    Moaning is fine once, after that you need to do something about it.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom