Life is too short

What's Hot

Comments

• horsehorse Frets: 1589
    I'm confused as to whether the OP is a positive or negative person now?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I always thought that having a good winge in moan is what forums do so well and is part of the reason I'm here!!!  - it really makes me laugh and if I'm honest I find it more interesting than reading  "isn't this guitar/amp/pedal wonderful" threads 
  • Sporky said:
    Moaning is fine once, after that you need to do something about it.
    Somebody get that man a 'wisdom'.
    Like most things on here you take them with a pinch of salt. I have a load of spare sachets from KFC @SonicScythe if you want some, PPG only and buyer to collect 
    Haha, to be fair it looks like the sodium levels on here are already pretty high ;)

dindude said:
    One mans moan is another mans discussion.

There is a however good deal of negativity on here at times, times when I almost crave a bit of good old fashioned American style enthusiasm to go with the very British cynicism. 

But my threshold and interpretation of it will be different to the next, so I just walk away from the thread when I want to. 

I do spend less time on here at the moment, largely because I found myself arguing points with people I've never met and really don't care about their opinion on. Surely that is madness itself!

More wisdom.
    CHRISB50 said:
    If life is too short, don't read it. 

You've got a point there, but I kind of had to read it to know what it's about if you catch my drift. The gent above who said about avoiding certain people's post is very true, once I've sussed out who is and isn't worth reading (to me) that makes things a lot to do as you say ;)

Sporky said:

But moaning over and over isn't terribly good for your happiness. And there's evidence that moaning at all - even just an initial venting - isn't very healthy. Doing stuff is much better for you.
    This is absolutely very true and not enough people realise that there is evidence on this stuff. Hence why they get so wound up about daft stuff like other guitar players ;)

• Budgie said:
    You are the one posting a whinge thread.

I'm just the poor sap who has to clean up after people who don't know which section to post in.
    1. Again, you can't read.

2. Wibble.
    Is this the five minute argument you're engineering or the full hour?
    Well, I went and got some breakfast and sat on here for a little while and then came back. Just waiting for moderator approval on a post agreeing with a lot of what some of the chaps on here said.

I'll hardly lose any sleep over it, at the end of the day as the fella said before, there is plenty of evidence to suggest that spending your time slagging things off (particular other people as seems to be the case on this forum) is not good for you. I figured I'd point it out from the perspective of someone who rarely visits and if people want to take that on board, then great. If they want to continue doing what they do, that's up to them, it's their life.

• Sporky said:
    Moaning is fine once, after that you need to do something about it.
    Somebody get that man a 'wisdom'.
    Like most things on here you take them with a pinch of salt. I have a load of spare sachets from KFC @SonicScythe if you want some, PPG only and buyer to collect 
    Haha, to be fair it looks like the sodium levels on here are already pretty high ;)

dindude said:
    One mans moan is another mans discussion.

There is a however good deal of negativity on here at times, times when I almost crave a bit of good old fashioned American style enthusiasm to go with the very British cynicism. 

But my threshold and interpretation of it will be different to the next, so I just walk away from the thread when I want to. 

I do spend less time on here at the moment, largely because I found myself arguing points with people I've never met and really don't care about their opinion on. Surely that is madness itself!

More wisdom.
    CHRISB50 said:
    If life is too short, don't read it. 

You've got a point there, but I kind of had to read it to know what it's about if you catch my drift. The gent above who said about avoiding certain people's post is very true, once I've sussed out who is and isn't worth reading (to me) that makes things a lot to do as you say ;)

Sporky said:

But moaning over and over isn't terribly good for your happiness. And there's evidence that moaning at all - even just an initial venting - isn't very healthy. Doing stuff is much better for you.
    This is absolutely very true and not enough people realise that there is evidence on this stuff. Hence why they get so wound up about daft stuff like other guitar players ;)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Budgie said:
    You are the one posting a whinge thread.

I'm just the poor sap who has to clean up after people who don't know which section to post in.
    1. Again, you can't read.

2. Wibble.
    Is this the five minute argument you're engineering or the full hour?
    Well, I went and got some breakfast and sat on here for a little while and then came back. Just waiting for moderator approval on a post agreeing with a lot of what some of the chaps on here said.

I'll hardly lose any sleep over it, at the end of the day as the fella said before, there is plenty of evidence to suggest that spending your time slagging things off (particular other people as seems to be the case on this forum) is not good for you. I figured I'd point it out from the perspective of someone who rarely visits and if people want to take that on board, then great. If they want to continue doing what they do, that's up to them, it's their life.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26850
    Apparently my posts need approving now because some moderator was disagreed with, so on that note I'll leave you folk to it (if this goes through) Thanks to the people that understand what I was trying to achieve.
    Actually, that's not true - you're a relatively new user who put up lots of posts in a short space of time and got flagged by the auto-spam-killer, which meant that all your posts ended up in the spam queue until someone (me) came along and a) approved them, and b) verified that you're not a bot.

As for your thread-starter...this is a forum with a very tight-knit community where everyone feels comfortable enough to get stuff off their chest that they wouldn't ordinarily be able to in real life (be it because their friends wouldn't understand re: guitar stuff, because they just can't say it without offending people or whatever). That's no bad thing, and it's led to a number of people being helped out of bad spots in their life and even depression.

You haven't been here long enough to have seen it, but this community has an amazing ability to spot when people are showing patterns of posting which might indicate that there's something else going on and help people out, so dampening the ability to vent would very much be a bad thing in my opinion.

Lighten up, eh? As with everything on the Internet, you don't have to read threads which upset you. Rather than make everybody else change their behaviour, you could try it yourself and see how it goes...?
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    Or try mumsnet?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 922
    Worst moan thread for ages. And i don't particularly like moan threads. Thanks for nothing. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    speshul91 said:
    Or try mumsnet?
    They're too hardcore on Mumsnet ....

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    Fretwired said:
    speshul91 said:
    Or try mumsnet?
    They're too hardcore on Mumsnet ....
    Must. Not. Type. What. I'm. Thinking. 
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    Yeah but Slash or Kirk?

=)

This is actually a positive forum to be part of. Sure there's some moaning and the occasional handbags at dawn but I think of that as something that happens in real life too.

If the threads bother you, log out and do something else for a bit ;)

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    gusman2x said:
    Worst moan thread for ages. And i don't particularly like moan threads. Thanks for nothing. 
    Your moan game is weak. 
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• WezVWezV Frets: 16818
    This is like people sitting in traffic moaning about the number of cars on the road
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    Slash over Kirk any day ;)

If you find yourself getting annoyed just don't read those posts or take a break and live life. It IS too short! 
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    @thomasross20 ;

Yeah but Jaffa Cakes or Hob Nobs?

Lol =)

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    I can't call​ that one - both too good!
  • randellarandella Frets: 4318
    speshul91 said:
    Or try mumsnet?
    We have threads about guitars *and* threads about which toaster to buy.

As the marketing guys say, why go anywhere else?
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28347

Thanks to the people that understand what I was trying to achieve.
    I think he got bored and left after the first page.

This thread is a serious fail, the worst moany, self important whinge I have seen here in a long time. Well, it probably is, I didn't read it all, I'm chomping at the bit to dash over to read about guitar solo's that someone hates ....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    As a recent member, this thread is not the best way to endear yourself to the forum. All guns blazing, taking offence etc.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom