Life is too short

What's Hot

Comments

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15611
    @thomasross20 ;

Yeah but Jaffa Cakes or Hob Nobs?

Lol =)

he can't even get the kirk/slash question right and you're gonna ask him difficult questions?!?

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    edited April 2017
    Who the fuck invited this <ADMIN: suck a dong> in?!
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CarpeDiemCarpeDiem Frets: 294
    I can understand what you are saying, and why you are saying it. However, everybody is different and can have varying views and ways of expressing them. I'll often read conflicting views, partly to see if I'm missing something or just to try to understand why somebody is expressing a particular view. I've not been on here long, but I've been pleasantly surprised at the breadth of discussion topics.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2416
    I love this forum. I can dip in and out when I feel like it; read posts and respond to them if I feel like I've got something worth adding, and have a good laugh and moan to boot, all the while subconsciously trying to score 'internet points', i.e. lol, wow and wisdom, because let's face it, I (maybe we all do) need some affirmation from somewhere. 

So, as a thriving and popular community of practice (cf. Wenger) it requires its members to be involved and do what the forum does. And one part of that is moaning about insignificant things. Like it or not, it's one of the things we do here; the good thing is, however: you don't have to participate, there are other more positive threads, too.

After reading the OP, I can agree and disagree with certain aspects of it from a certain point of view (if I'm honest, I do think it could've been delivered less offensively), and perhaps, yeah, there is no need to publicly announce 'hated guitar solos'. Conversely, then, what's the point in declaring guitar solo's you love? Either way, it doesn't matter, as long as we do our best to get on and discuss things with an open mind, with the intent not to offend others (although this will inevitably happen from time to time) this really is a great forum to be a part of.  Trust me, and I'm sure others will agree, I felt utterly bereft at the demise of Musicradar; discovering this forum by chance with the same members was a great relief. 

So thank the mods for setting up this place and be accepting that 'moaning threads' are just a tiny, albeit worthwhile, facet to the whole. Because if you're like me, if someone is happy all of the time with nothing remotely bad to say, then there's something wrong with them. Therefore, with an ironic twist, without the 'miserable sods' this forum accommodates, it really would be a miserable place to be...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24422
    I was looking forward to some fresh blood there, but the bantah wasn't strong enough.  We need a quality troll to liven things up - some like Synthman or At.. atti... wtf was his name ?  ..and that bloke who carved his girl's name into his guitar.

We haven't had any decent lunatics for ages. 
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Emp_Fab said:

Dunno about that.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24422
    I said decent.  I'm not in that league - yet.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6096
    Life is too short?

I'll fix that for you...

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10320
    edited April 2017
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Who the fuck invited this <ADMIN: removed> in?!
    Well I'm glad I wasn't drinking coffee when I read that!

My chuckle of the day.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    Emp_Fab said:
    I was looking forward to some fresh blood there, but the bantah wasn't strong enough.  We need a quality troll to liven things up - some like Synthman or At.. atti... wtf was his name ?  ..and that bloke who carved his girl's name into his guitar.

Who was the nutter that ranted about laminate flooring?

Ah....

=)

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• dindudedindude Frets: 8540
    edited April 2017
    Seriously though, like what the OP had to say or not, this thread proves what a clique this place is. It always reverts back to in-jokes about laminate flooring, insults from the elders, and coolness from the mods. Today's SonicScythe is yesterday's PeteThorn and tomorrow's who-knows-who.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17661
    tFB Trader
    dindude said:
    Seriously though, like what the OP had to say or not, this thread proves what a clique this place is. It always reverts back to in-jokes about laminate flooring, insults from the elders, and coolness from the mods. Today's SonicScythe is yesterday's PeteThorn and tomorrow's who-knows-who.

I see where you are coming from but that guy was a bit of a helmet.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    dindude said:
    Laminate flooring is shit, the elders are mostly youngers, and all the mods except for Lee are total arseholes.

*awaiting banhammer*
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28650
    Drew_TNBD said:
    all the mods except for Lee are total arseholes.
    Nonsense. Since I flounced, Lee's by far the worst.

;)
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17661
    tFB Trader
    Drew_TNBD said:
    dindude said:
    Laminate flooring is shit, the elders are mostly youngers, and all the mods except for Lee are total arseholes.

*awaiting banhammer*

In fairness I am 
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Emp_Fab said:

aZZa .. who became AzzA .. not sure he came here but he was a class act .... as was the Finnish death metal guy .. I made a joke about Finnish rally drivers and he went off the deep end and wanted to come and hack my head off and drink my blood. Those were the days ... when trolls were trolls ...

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6841
    tFB Trader
    So, 3 pages in, i'm still at a loss as to what @SonicScythe was hoping to 'achieve'? 

Anyway, as you were, I'm back off to Guitar to have a polish anytime someone mentions 'vintage'......
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • Well, Drew and I have been posting comparison clips of amp modelers in the FX section if any of you guys want to do something productive in terms of discussion
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    To be fair the best way to alienate yourself on a forum is to start a post telling everyone else to chill out.

I joined MusicRadar about a decade ago and felt like an outsider before realizing most of the forum have met in real life at some point over the years. Once I started posting and getting to know other forumites it's felt less like a clique and more like meeting up with friends. 

I'll say it again though; all forums go through good and bad phases but there aren't many that take as relaxed an approach as tFB. That's a good thing :)

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16751
    It seems like it's been a while since all our cycles synced.  There was a point where it seemed to kick off on a once a month basis.