Life is too short

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    Wow, just read this thread and I must admit, it's definitely Hob Nobs for me.

They come gluten free now too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    I actually think that the forum would be much nicer if we banned all racists, misogynists, trolls, swearers, insulters, blokes who wear women's clothes, tall people, short people and opinionated people. If anybody offends anyone else they get banned, if anyone goes off topic they get banned, if anyone disagrees with someone they get banned. If you post an ironic LOL you get banned. We would soon sort out the wheat from the chaff. We could then remove all forums except Guitar, and all threads and posts could be vetted by the mods and get at least 3 thumbs up before going live. That would be amazeballs.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26732
    axisus said:
    I actually think that the forum would be much nicer if we banned all racists, misogynists, trolls, swearers, insulters, blokes who wear women's clothes, tall people, short people and opinionated people. If anybody offends anyone else they get banned, if anyone goes off topic they get banned, if anyone disagrees with someone they get banned. If you post an ironic LOL you get banned. We would soon sort out the wheat from the chaff. We could then remove all forums except Guitar, and all threads and posts could be vetted by the mods and get at least 3 thumbs up before going live. That would be amazeballs.
    Well, after an initial bit of graft, it'd certainly make our lives easier.
    <space for hire>
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26732
    dindude said:
    Seriously though, like what the OP had to say or not, this thread proves what a clique this place is. It always reverts back to in-jokes about laminate flooring, insults from the elders, and coolness from the mods. Today's SonicScythe is yesterday's PeteThorn and tomorrow's who-knows-who.
    What's wrong with in-jokes? While it can be a little difficult to navigate for newcomers (although an awful lot manage just fine), it's just a sign that a community that's been together for a long time is still hanging together. Let's face it...some of us have known each other - both online and in real life - for over a decade. There's no getting away from the fact that any group of friends and acquaintances are going to have the kind of experience with each other that lends itself to that.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DanjiDanji Frets: 225
    axisus said:
    Going full Vogon?