The *Official* FretBoard Celebrity Fat Club Weigh In and Diet thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3080
    I've had a good week - I won't weigh in until Sunday though. If I haven't lost I don't care because all the extra F&V I'm eating has made me feel a lot better generally. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TavernorTavernor Frets: 85
    edited April 2017
    Height​ is a big factor. 

15 stone and 5' 4" is very different to 6' 4" and 15 stone
    Kind of you to say. Obviously natural build has something to do with it but I'm not convinced it's as big a determining factor as many would have you believe. Anyway, I've been eating sod all and walking a lot, dropped 3/4 pounds since Monday so roughly five days. Down a belt notch too (sort of, I made a new one ).

I did eat my words about willpower not being an issue with me tonight though, alongside a lot of lasagne. Still, a day shouldn't make a big difference. Slippery slope though so more exercise/less food tomorrow.
    Google has been fairly inconclusive on this so I'll throw it out as a question for you knowledgeable people. Does drinking lots of diet fizzy drinks hinder weight loss? What about energy drinks (regular and diet)? I drink far too many red bulls (switched to diet ones mainly now) and diet cokes.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5170
    edited April 2017
    My Mrs calls Diet Coke 'Cancer in a Can I prefer to call it 'A Chicken's Suicide' but I still love it  s
    I whole heartedly blame my ex for the diet coke habit, she drank literally nothing but the stuff. I'd presume she's still alive though.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Tavernor said:
    I whole heartedly blame my ex for the diet coke habit, she drank literally nothing but the stuff. I'd presume she's still alive though.
    Probably got dementia according to the front of the papers yesterday.

Massive blowout last night. Lots of beers, a huge pizza to myself, and four cookies.

Yeah... lost all my gains in one evening, joy!
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3331
    Week one of insanity completed, stuck to my macros and calorie intake of 1950. Weight gone up 0.9lbs. But my waist is slightly smaller and I'm feeling good so only another 7 weeks of insanity to go plus strength training then I need to think of a way to maintain. 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    Tavernor said:
    Google has been fairly inconclusive on this so I'll throw it out as a question for you knowledgeable people. Does drinking lots of diet fizzy drinks hinder weight loss? What about energy drinks (regular and diet)? I drink far too many red bulls (switched to diet ones mainly now) and diet cokes.
    I don't know anything technical but I've certainly read a few times that diet drinks increase your appetite and people who use them are less likely to lose weight. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33801
    Sugar loaded fizzy drinks are clearly bad for those trying to lose weight because,.. the sugar.

Diet drinks- well, they are better than sugary drinks but there is some evidence that sweet tasting foods and drink prime the body to receive food and when no calories are delivered the craving for calories doesn't go away. So you might be raiding the cookie jar an hour later.

It isn't conclusive though, but I have cut back the amount of diet drinks that I consume.
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6189
    tFB Trader
    This week has been interesting to say the least. Having swapped the crap for veg and fruit, my mood has improved, along with my energy levels and my IBS has disappeared this week too. I have to say though the tastiest change I've made is to replace sweets, chocolate and  processed fruit corner yoghurts with natural Greek yoghurt, some fruit and and a spoon of honey.

the nearby levels thing though is astonishing, I hope it continues as I'm enjoying the lack of lethargic crashing! 

Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    97kgs
    down to 96.2kgs

no real exercise but monitoring my diet, a few wobbles but using MyFitnessPal I was able to adjust accordingly, a couple of evenings hungry soon makes you realise a blow out isn't worth it. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33801
    Week 1:

Started at 97.5kg.
    Now at 97.2kg.
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    Speaking from experience, fizzy drinks are the path to junk food, hence I need to avoid at all costs.

I'm still hanging in though. It's Saturday so I'll confess to the cheeky Big Mac I'll be eating tonight now. Otherwise being a good boy :)

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5170
    Speaking from experience, fizzy drinks are the path to junk food, hence I need to avoid at all costs.

I'm still hanging in though. It's Saturday so I'll confess to the cheeky Big Mac I'll be eating tonight now. Otherwise being a good boy :)
    Absolutely^ I went through a spell of popping in for a cold Diet Coke and always coming out with a kit Kat  :s
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    Week 1:
    16 stone 2 down to 16 stone. 

Cut out lots of snacks but still had the odd glass of wine. Also some exercise (run, HIIT or swim) every day. 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    In a week featuring cake, wine, a burrito restaurant and pizza I wasn't expecting much but 14st10 to 14st7. Might just be a bit of natural variation plus more than average activity ( gardening, dog walking type stuff). Next week likely to be more sedentary but at least Easter is over and no birthdays.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6189
    tFB Trader
    Week 1. I've lost 3lbs. So 118kg and nudging into 117 territory
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7437
    TimmyO

Last week: 16 stone 5lb
    This week: 16 stone 4lb
    Target.   12 stone 12lb (!)
    Red ones are better. 
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 625
    90.8 this morning have lost .2 of a kg (.5 of a pound!) 

Bad: Pizza last night and some beers.
    Good: Have cycled every day since last Wednesday, consumed more water and feel a little better for it, also weight is moving downwards (albeit slowly, rather than upwards as it was).

Fortnightly hospital appointment on Fri which is always a weigh in, so will work towards losing a bit by then.

• Lots 2Lbs - not much but too much Easter egg in the house - the cupboards are now clear :-)