The *Official* FretBoard Celebrity Fat Club Weigh In and Diet thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17663
    tFB Trader
    monquixote said: just
    Two pounds off this week and down to 15 5.

I think the Ghrelin is well and truly kicking in now as I'm in full on hungry mode in the evenings now. 
    @monquixote , would it help to go to bed earlier?   :P 
    Probably. 

I don't sleep enough which is supposedly very bad for weight loss as it encourages your body to burn your muscles rather than fat. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Start weight : 16st 2.8lbs
    First week : 16st 1.4lbs
    Second week: 15st 12.2lbs
    Third week: 15st 11.0lbs
    Fouth week: 15st 9.0lbs
    Fifth week: 15st 8.6lbs
    Sixth week: 15st 5.8lbs
    Seventh week: 15st 7.2lbs
    Last week: 15st 4.8lbs
    This week: 15st 2.2lbs

Target.  I shall be 15 st 0.0 lbs by Saturday 1st July 2017
    Weekly gain on target:  2.6 lbs
    Total gain towards target:  1 st 0.6 lbs
    Distance to target:  2.2lbs
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9593
    Ive lost 15 lbs steady since March... feel so much better, inspired and helped by this thread.

Well done all, keep it going !
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24426
    I started being serious about this (finally, after umpteen promises that I never got around to acting on) on the 14th,so I'm just a few days into it.  I won't post any figures until the full week is up though.

I've stopped all alcohol, sweets, snacks, McDonalds lunches on the road (though I did usually at eat the healthier end of their menu; fish, wraps, etc.  Every meal we've had is a Slimming World recipe or basic common sense (scrambled eggs on toast, no butter etc).

I'm not exercising yet though as work has been bonkers this week and Ive been getting home late and drained.

I definitely feel lighter, even after such a short period, and I've noticed my gut muscles are definitely tightening.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @Emp_Fab , great to see you here.  I am honestly looking forward to reading how your improving over the weeks.  If you don't want to do it, no one can help you. If you do want to do it, no one can stop you!  Get out there and year it up. 

@Wazmeister , you are kicking ass. Keep up the good work.  
    edited June 2017
    Thanks Chris.  I finally decided after gasping pathetically walking up a slight incline on holiday that this had to be a turning point, one way or the other.  I could choose to reach my mid-fifties (which is the danger zone for blokes, a lot of us expire in this decade of life) as a normal weight, healthy and relatively fit man, or I could carry on as normal and reach it in a fatty-scooter with an oxygen bottle and type 2 diabetes.

It was, as they say, time to shit or get off the pot.
  • snakemanStoosnakemanStoo Frets: 1708
    So when's the scooter turning up Emp?  ;)
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
    You utter utter utter.....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16299
    I'm currently having coffee and cake but sweating a lot so that's a balanced diet. Possibly.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    Still hanging in!

I've had a few crap days where I binge on junk but having got used to a healthier diet I feel like shit the day after!

The yoga and walking are making a massive difference and overall I've got more energy and feel a *lot* better than I did 6 months ago. My aim now is to keep it all up.

Congrats to all for sticking with their plans too :)

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16299

Just over 14st6. Rather dehydrated this morning though,some mugs of tea might put me back to 14st7...
    I thought I'd stayed the same but actually went to just under 14st6 so it's a few ounces down. 
    I know what I'm doing wrong but am struggling to do much about it. Right direction at least.
    14st4.4 ( I actually don't know if the .4 is 4 ounces or .4 of a pound!). 
    Well, again not really dieting but just trying to be more sensible. This week has included a Chinese takeaway and a pub meal so my slight downward curve is quite pleasing really. IIRC I started at 14st10 so that's overall progress. 
    14st3.4, been away at a wedding which was lots of sitting and eating so again anything downward is good. Not quite half a stone altogether since this started.

I have days when I just want to eat all the time though, like I'm trying to put the calories back. 
    I've gone back up a pound :anguished:  My weekend of pizza, toast and cake catching me out there. Quite active and sweaty weekend so I thought it might not be too bad, but alas. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9859
    I did my weigh in this morning, despite a fairly heavy day yesterday for father's day which included me eating some very calorific lamb shoulder with my dad (though I did somehow eschew a white chocolate magnum for my own home made fruit salad) I am now down to 12 stone 6lb, so three down from last week, 4 down from day one. It's getting there though I am starving right now because I skipped breakfast :(
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2253
    Well I've really fallen off the wagon this week. Wife's away and Ive eaten curry, chips, burgers all week and went out Saturday and drank 10 pints of beer. 

I've lost 2lbs, it must be the heat. 
  • Van_HaydenVan_Hayden Frets: 437
    Mind if I join in? Was 94kg at my heaviest in 2010, then about 88kg until 2015. Decided to change what I ate around July 2015 & dropped to 63.5kg by March 2016. So from an XL to a small.  At that point I decided to do some exercise trying to shift the last bit, trouble is I've stalled... especially after Father's Day. Sweet tooth is back & beer tastes nicer in the summer.

I'm back up around 72kg but I've been swimming & a bit of gym work over the last year so it's not all flab. I hope. 

So - diet I need to look at but should I do more cardio than weights?
  • @Van_Hayden , nice job on keeping it low.  Since 2015 I've dropped about a 1000 pounds, and I think that'll increase by another 155 by the end of this month ... FFS!!!
  • Van_HaydenVan_Hayden Frets: 437
    @Handsome_Chris ahh...bugger.

It's WEIGH DAY!!!

7 days ago, I weighed 217.6 lbs

This morning I weigh 211.2 lbs.

I'm happy with that !!

I would have bust the half-stone easily were it not for the barbecue on Sunday where lots of beer and ice cream was consumed.  I actually hit the half-stone on Saturday but put on 2.5 lbs as a result of Sunday and have spent the rest of the week clawing that back.

I doubt I'll lose this much next week.  I've heard it falls off at the start.
  • Weigh day tomorrow, I've struggled this week. Lots of late nights/low sleep levels (due to work commitments, looking after nan and the uncomfortable heat) have led me to be weak and have biscuits. 

But we'll see. 
  • @Emp_Fab nice result mate.  The fact is that if you don't lose any this week then you've still averaged a loss of 3 lbs a week.

How does that sound? 
    I would prefer half a stone a week.  That way I can finish the diet in another four weeks and get tucking in to a celebratory hotdog-stuffed crust spam and dripping pizza with extra pork scratchings topping.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom