The *Official* FretBoard Celebrity Fat Club Weigh In and Diet thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• @Emp_FabIf you want to lose half a stone a week, there's a medical condition that can help you with that.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24428
    Don't joke about that man...  That's one subject nobody should make jokes about.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_Fab said:v
    Don't joke about that man...  That's one subject nobody should make jokes about.
    What?! You shouldn't joke about raging bum warts?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9865
    Good going guys well done, there is strength in numbers so very much enjoying this thread. I was pretty chuffed Tuesday night as I was up to 48 lengths in my allotted hour of swimming, which is 2400m as it's a 50m pool, so nearly at the target distance of 2.5k in the hour. Once I get to that my target will be to do that distance regularly enough that it becomes easy, then push on again with increasing distances to try to get to 3k in the hour at some point. I did a quick session Monday night as well because of the heat and going again tonight so fingers crossed this will manifest itself in many more pounds lost on Monday...
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2594
    tFB Trader

So - diet I need to look at but should I do more cardio than weights?
    Weights are good for building muscle, which as you get older you need to keep the weight off, If you want to drop inches fast though try alternating weight sessions with HITT training, by that I mean doing sprints, i.e. sprints on a stationary bike, sprints on a cross trainer etc works a treat. this is what I normally do when trying to trim up, which as it turns out I am doing just now. I only have a few kg to loose though.

I am at 95kg, and want to get down to 91/92kg again and body fat below 10%
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2594
    tFB Trader
    Good going guys well done, there is strength in numbers so very much enjoying this thread. I was pretty chuffed Tuesday night as I was up to 48 lengths in my allotted hour of swimming, which is 2400m as it's a 50m pool, so nearly at the target distance of 2.5k in the hour. Once I get to that my target will be to do that distance regularly enough that it becomes easy, then push on again with increasing distances to try to get to 3k in the hour at some point. I did a quick session Monday night as well because of the heat and going again tonight so fingers crossed this will manifest itself in many more pounds lost on Monday...
    Well done, 48 lengths is a best no matter what time, must be a decent swimmer
    edited June 2017
    Well done, 48 lengths is a best no matter what time, must be a decent swimmer
    lol well, amusingly enough, my missus keeps laughing at me as I get really competitive against the swimming club that uses lanes 5-8 while we are in the public lanes, because she says I shouldn't be racing 14 year olds and feeling proud if I beat them. But I did point out I was a much better swimmer than I am now at their age so I feel it's a fair handicap we used to do I think 3-4k per session when I used to swim properly but that was usually more than an hour so I think 3k will be a reasonable target for an hour. The trouble is, swimming is a bit of a different case than other exercise in that somebody who's not very good could potentially burn more calories in an hour than somebody who is a good swimmer, even though they'd have covered less distance and been travelling much slower! Because as a decent swimmer you can kind of coast along quite easily on technique alone but not actually push yourself at all.

But in the same way, that's why swimming is good I think, because unlike stuff like football or other sports you don't have to be good to get something out of it

EDIT - BOOM!! Good news is I managed the 50 lengths. Bad news is I still have a cramping calf muscle from it and I was 3 minutes over my allotted hour...
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17664
    tFB Trader
    Another 2lb lost this week so 15 stone 3 now.

I was surprised as it's been too hot to run and I had a couple of bad days.
  • Cripes @monquixote you are really catching up on me.  I better get my cheeky arse to the gym this PM.   :)
  • PS - @monquixote , that's my way of saying great work keep at it, it's keeping me at it. 
  • I am not expecting to have lost anything, I've let myself down a bit with the heat, late nights at work etc. However,

But you know, it's a journey. You'll all find out tomorrow.

However, with walking 5 miles a day plus taking the stairs plenty of times (seriously, up and down all day) I've felt my fitness increase quite substantially. I find running up and down a few flights of stairs easy peasy.

Looking forward to getting back into cycling.

So all in all, I may not have lost this week (I'd be amazed if I have) I have still gained something...  
  • Start weight : 16st 2.8lbs
    First week : 16st 1.4lbs
    Second week: 15st 12.2lbs
    Third week: 15st 11.0lbs
    Fouth week: 15st 9.0lbs
    Fifth week: 15st 8.6lbs
    Sixth week: 15st 5.8lbs
    Seventh week: 15st 7.2lbs
    Eighth week: 15st 4.8lbs
    Last week: 15st 2.2lbs
    This week: 15st 0.8lbs

Target.  I shall be 15 st 0.0 lbs by Saturday 1st July 2017
    Weekly gain on target:  1.8 lbs
    Total gain towards target:  1st 2.0lbs
    Distance to target:  0.8lbs
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Back up a pound and a bit to 14 stone 3lb.

Not surprised or disappointed to be honest - I knew it would go up, I've eaten more rubbish this week. However, I'm fitter for sure, and I'm really, really enjoying my job. Last week was tough, lots of late nights (hence turning to fast, shit food) and next week is more of the same, but then it's calming down back to normal. 

I knew a disruption to routine would be negative - but actually, I've done reasonably well. Every day I have a healthy breakfast and lunch is salad with a protein-y food (like mackerel). Only let downs have been dinners. 

Routine is a big part of success I think - building good habits. 
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24428
    Food prep is everything IMO.  If you make a menu for what you're going to have for the week ahead then prep as much of it as you can - some stuff you will be able to do a week in advance, other stuff the day before etc.  Make it so you always have something you can knock up quickly for nights where you get in a bit late, or something in the freezer ready in case you're knackered / very late etc and can only manage to operate the microwave.

I'm not following any particular diet.  I'm being sensible, stuff like no fats or oils, eating egg on toast with no butter, picking lunch with the lowest calories if I haven't made any myself.  Evenings, I'm cooking only recipes from the Slimming World site / books..  I make a normal portion and, if we like it, next time I'll make a ton of it and freeze the excess.

I've also learned that discipline is important too if I'm not going to turn into one of these forever unhappy yo yo dieters.  One minor transgression can undo several days weight loss.  It's amazing how much weight you can put on from going off-piste for one meal.  This is a journey we're on and I don't intend returning to my old weight.  I'm not going to get there if I keep applying the brakes.  Do or do not - there is no 'try'.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • For once @Emp_Fab , I have to award you wisdom lol.

Actually I find what Emp says ring very true for me.  I only have the food I need in the house.   Exercise self dicipline all you like at work, but at home, why make it difficult for yourself?  In fact at work I have a supply of protein power in case I get really peckish.  

I find this attitude works excellently for me as I work 12 hour shifts.   Being organised has really sorted my life out in respect to shifting the pounds. 
  • This may work too.

• lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    I'm in. 
    Just under 6 ft hoping to return to my 70 kg of pre-children. Yes, I am a man but you'd be surprised how much food goes to waste. Can't be having that, can we? 6 years later I'm at 79 kg. 
    I saw a nutritionist who basically told me to eat as much fruit and veg as I like, don't mix meat fish cheese, no sweets, and limit quantity. I can have a night out whenever I like as long as I make sure to return to the diet the following day. Hell, even a pizza a week. Not so much a diet as more an eating well. Seeing as I've been overeating for the last 6 years, it should shed some weight. 
    Im not keen on exercise; instead I just try to keep busy whenever food gets on my mind. Strangely, I'm full of energy and happy to take on any task. I'm slowly incorporating long walks and cycle rides. I hope to increase this into something more athletic but let's not rush things; giving up so much food is enough as it is. 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16299

Just over 14st6. Rather dehydrated this morning though,some mugs of tea might put me back to 14st7...
    I thought I'd stayed the same but actually went to just under 14st6 so it's a few ounces down. 
    I know what I'm doing wrong but am struggling to do much about it. Right direction at least.
    14st4.4 ( I actually don't know if the .4 is 4 ounces or .4 of a pound!). 
    Well, again not really dieting but just trying to be more sensible. This week has included a Chinese takeaway and a pub meal so my slight downward curve is quite pleasing really. IIRC I started at 14st10 so that's overall progress. 
    14st3.4, been away at a wedding which was lots of sitting and eating so again anything downward is good. Not quite half a stone altogether since this started.

I have days when I just want to eat all the time though, like I'm trying to put the calories back. 
    I've gone back up a pound anguished  My weekend of pizza, toast and cake catching me out there. Quite active and sweaty weekend so I thought it might not be too bad, but alas. 
    14st1 this morning. I'm quite surprised and would have been happy to have lost that extra pound. So that's 9 pounds since 16th April ( ten weeks?). 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    Im still in :)

Like I said earlier in the thread, my weight seems very settled at 12 stone and I'm happy with that. I feel and look *much* healthier that I did 6 months ago.

Being strict with what I eat and drink has paid off too. A cheeky takeaway and a bottle of Coke is fine now and then but I seem to be happier eating decent food.

Having dropped over two and a half stone since Xmas has been my main motivation for keeping going. Those early days were a struggle but I'm fucked if I'm going back there :)

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    I had my weigh in this morning but I had remained at a disappointing 12 stone 6 lb :( but I did have a massive carvery yesterday so that could be it, might weigh again the morning to check as today has seen quite a erm..."regular service" shall we say, following an increase in fibre the last week. Disappointing following my mammoth swim sessions this week but hopefully just a blip.