The *Official* FretBoard Celebrity Fat Club Weigh In and Diet thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9859
    I had my weigh in this morning but I had remained at a disappointing 12 stone 6 lb :( but I did have a massive carvery yesterday so that could be it, might weigh again the morning to check as today has seen quite a erm..."regular service" shall we say, following an increase in fibre the last week. Disappointing following my mammoth swim sessions this week but hopefully just a blip. 
    I broke the golden rule of not keeping weighing oneself this morning, but I'm glad I did as id lost 2 pounds from yesterday! Boom, 12 stone 4
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24428
    edited June 2017
    End of week 2.  Nowhere near as good as week 1.  I've only lost 1.2lb.  

However, I know why.  I had a bottle of wine over the weekend, and a Chinese with four cans of lager on Monday.  Plus several packets of hula hoops and last night had chicken skewers with rice (low calorie) in the pub with a pint of Doom Bar (not so low calorie) followed by salted caramel ice cream (nowhere near low calorie!)

I think I got complacent after my first week big loss.  Time to get back in the horse and show some discipline.  I'm aiming for three pounds off by this time next week.  Current weight 210lbs (15st 0lb).
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @Emp_Fab I'm a catchin' up with ya. 

Well done buddy.  If you're having fun living a life a losing weight, that's a win in my books.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17663
    tFB Trader
    Emp_Fab said:
    End of week 2.  Nowhere near as good as week 1.  I've only lost 1.2lb.  

However, I know why.  I had a bottle of wine over the weekend, and a Chinese with four cans of lager on Monday.  Plus several packets of hula hoops and last night had chicken skewers with rice (low calorie) in the pub with a pint of Doom Bar (not so low calorie) followed by salted caramel ice cream (nowhere near low calorie!)

I think I got complacent after my first week big loss.  Time to get back in the horse and show some discipline.  I'm aiming for three pounds off by this time next week.  Current weight 210lbs (15st 0lb).

The first week of a diet is kind of fake.

You mostly lose water weight which will go back on instantly if you fall off the wagon.

Shifting 1 or 2 pounds a week sustained is very healthy so good work.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9593
    Interesting one for me...

I've been away all inclusive to Turkey, and always seem to bang it on.

However, I stuck to it (aside for many many drinks !) and Ive only gained 1 pound !!!

Delighted, and back on this week :)
    edited June 2017
    Ace result there @Wazmeister !  Well impressed with your self discipline.

Less impressed with your choice of holiday destination, but that's another story! 
    :) 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9593
    Emp_Fab said:
    Ace result there @Wazmeister !  Well impressed with your self discipline.
    Cheers mate - but long way to get yet...

Small steps, lads, small steps...
    tFB Trader
    15 1 now so another 2 lb off. 

A stone and a half down from when I started on this thread and two and a half from when I started running.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24573
    I completely forgot about this thread.

I've been doing some weights as well as cardio

Weight now 16st 1 lb so I've lost a little more.

But in a huge personal win for me... I need to buy a new belt as the one I have doesn't go small enough anymore. And I've been wearing this fucker for over 10 years.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16299
    I completely forgot about this thread.

I've been doing some weights as well as cardio

Weight now 16st 1 lb so I've lost a little more.

But in a huge personal win for me... I need to buy a new belt as the one I have doesn't go small enough anymore. And I've been wearing this fucker for over 10 years.
    As Homer Simpson might say you've lost so much weight your belt is on the factory holes. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Weighed myself last night after swimming (always do this then to ensure consistency) & I'm still 12 stone 1, not lost or gained anything. Didn't go swimming last week, as it turns out Lancaster uni pool closes at 6 on a Saturday as opposed to at 10 during the week (my own fault for not planning ahead better), so even though I ended up working an 11 & a half hour day I was extra determined last night. Only managed 50 lengths but I am definitely feeling the effects with all my limbs aching today, so glad it's my day off to groan & die.
  • Start weight : 16st 2.8lbs
    Last week: 15st 0.8lbs
    This week: 14st 13.8lbs

Target.  I shall be 15 st 0.0 lbs by Saturday 1st July 2017
    Weekly gain on target:  1.8 lbs
    Total gain towards target:  1st 3.0lbs
    Distance to target:  KICKED IT'S DICK OFF!!!

A big thank you to @Gassage for starting this thread.  It has kicked my ass into gear and has acted as a contract between the tFB massive and me to achieve stuff.
  • Soooo the next target then...

Target: I shall be 14st 10lbs by Saturday 29th July 2017

------------------------------------------------------------

I believe that the honeymoon period of weight loss for me is over.  The days of dropping two to three pounds a week are a thing of the past; however, I am enjoying running and I'm enjoying the gym too.  I expect that in two to three weeks time I'll look like Ben Affleck in BvS:DoJ.  Saying that, according to the BMI Calculator, Ben Affleck was overweight at 225lbs for 6ft 4in.  If that's what being overweight does for you - BRING IT ON!

tFB Trader
    Well done Chris!

BMI is total crap. The only time I've been within my correct BMI everyone said I looked like I was ill. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DavidReesDavidRees Frets: 335
    commitment only really kicked in a couple of weeks ago but since the beginning of June I have lost an initial 4.3 kgs on my new weight loss/management programme - very happy with that but plenty more to go ...
    Before I forget...I thought last week was going well but then a large Indian restaurant meal. However, my bathroom scales have died ( after many years of suffering) so at the moment I don't know the extent of the damage.
    On Saturday I wore some trousers I hadn't been able to wear since before Xmas so it was on track until then at least ! 
    Well, the new scales seem to be a slightly naff impulse purchase but 14st dead so that's okay. 10lbs since this started, I think that's 11 weeks and considering it's been minimum effort that's a pretty good rate. 
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    Measuring in kilos is much more satisfying than stones. Simply maintaining my diet guarantees weight loss, if but grams. 
    For those who cook, I found this amazing resource of recipes by a keen amateur cook who is also doing Slimming World (so they're all low syn or free) on the Minimins forum:

https://www.minimins.com/threads/petes-recipe-book.250434/page-103

I've tried several of the "official" Slimming World recipes and found them to be very hit and miss... some completely inedibly so, but these recipes look like they have been created by someone who loves food, so I'm hopeful.  I'm going to tackle the beef curry tonight.  I'll report back on the outcome.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5179
    Haven't posted my progress for a while..started off 14st 2lbs
    Down to 13st 9lbs. So no massive losses but I've cut out all alcohol for the last month and don't miss it. I'm still aiming for sub 13 st.  :)