The *Official* FretBoard Celebrity Fat Club Weigh In and Diet thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• Start weight : 16st 2.8lbs
    Last week: 14st 13.8lbs
    This week: 14st 12.2lbs

Target: I shall be 14st 10lbs by Saturday 29th July 2017
    Weekly gain on target:  1.6 lbs
    Total gain towards target:  1st 4.6lbs
    Distance to target:  2.2lbs
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24426
    I've gone completely off the rails this past week.  I've eaten pizza, curry, Chinese, beer and wine (not all on the same day mind), so I'm amazed to find I've only nudged back up to 15st 0lb.  Back on it for real now.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28657
    Having been pretty stable around 73-4kg, I'm back up to 76kg after holidays. I did have puddings, but we did do a lot of walking. I do not have regrets - my BMI is still under 25 and I fit into all of my clothes.

I am back to rough calorie counting. Thin bagel (or thin-sliced homemade bread) and bacon, and coffee for breakfast , a wrap for lunch , then dinner is a protein, a sweet potato (or a quarter of a butternut squash) roasted with a teeny bit of oil, and plenty of vegebobbles, plus a spoonful of pesto.

I will recheck my sums but I believe that comes to around 1800 kcal.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16299
    Not a good weekend for the diet. Even included beer which is a relatively rare thing for me. Lot of walking and doing stuff though. Weigh in is Monday morning so no change will be a good outcome.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17663
    tFB Trader
    Weighed myself and was under 15 stone for the first time in what I think is about 10 years. 

Ate an absolute crapload of naughty stuff on Saturday, but I have run 16k since Friday so hopefully I'll keep it off this week provided I behave the other days.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24426
    The beef curry I had was bloody lovely!  I added a touch too much salt I think as the stock was quite salty already.  You have to accept that if you're making low calorie / syn free versions of normally fatty food then it's never going to taste the same as the real thing and it's all about getting as close as you can.   If the curry was anything to go by, I'm in for a treat working my way through the other recipes.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    Not a good weekend for the diet. Even included beer which is a relatively rare thing for me. Lot of walking and doing stuff though. Weigh in is Monday morning so no change will be a good outcome.
    Well, the new scales seem to be a slightly naff impulse purchase but 14st dead so that's okay. 10lbs since this started, I think that's 11 weeks and considering it's been minimum effort that's a pretty good rate. 
    14st 1lb this morning :scream: so that's slightly backwards. Had incredibly sedentary day Monday which doesn't help. 
  • 12 stone on the nose post swim last night, only 1lb lost but still some movement, think maintaining focus now it's dropping off slower might prove to be the trickiest part. Half a stone to go and then it's gonna be all about keeping it off & improving overall conditioning.
    tFB Trader
    14 stone 12 this morning so another pound off.

Thought I would have gained as I had a massive catered lunch at work yesterday.
    tFB Trader
    Just bought my first pair of 34" waist jeans for about 20 years. :)
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33834
    Just bought my first pair of 34" waist jeans for about 20 years. :)
    Awesome- well done.
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6907
    Iamnobody said:
    I got measured at the gym:

My metabolic age is 42 apparently so I'm aging prematurely as I have over a year before I hit 40.

I've lost 1.5kg since this post started which isn't amazing - but I'm not looking for massive weight loss. I look trimmer and more defined and haven't upped the exercise properly yet or adjusted my diet significantly.

Weight - 77.3kg
    BMI - 26.1
    Body fat % - 22.1
    Muscle mass - 57.2kg

None of the above means much to me apart from the weight. If the BMI & fat % go down and the Muscle mass figure goes up I'll be on the right track I guess...
    2 months on and my metabolic age is now 38 - I'm reversing the aging process! 

79kg so I've put weight on (muscle)
    Body fat % down to 20.8
    Muscle mass 59.5kg

Previously known as stevebrum
    Stayed at 14st1lb. Been doing nothing that looks like a diet so I guess that's okay. 
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    I'm at 87.10kg right now. So I'm back under 14stone. I think I prefer to measure in stone, because 90kg seems reasonable.... whereas 14stone is fucking disgusting and anyone (including me) should be ashamed of themselves for being over it. Suicide is the only option... or salad... perhaps.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5179
    tone1 said:
    Haven't posted my progress for a while..started off 14st 2lbs
    Down to 13st 9lbs. So no massive losses but I've cut out all alcohol for the last month and don't miss it. I'm still aiming for sub 13 st.  :)
    Weighed tonight 13st 7lbs Yay...Go me. :)
  • TavernorTavernor Frets: 85
    Tavernor said: hi
    Am I wrong in thinking that weight loss is a much simpler thing than people make it out to be (with whatever diet is fashionable at the time)?

Use more calories than you consume = weight loss. Surely that's pretty much the crux of it?
    First time I I've been here for a while! Pleased with how the diet has gone so thought I'd check back in. This isn't a smug post and I hope it isn't interpreted as being so but it really is as simple as I said in the above post. Biologically, unless you can photosynthesise, burn more calories than you consume and you lose weight. Reason I'm quoting myself is that my experience in 2017 has absolutely proved it to myself unless I'm biologically blessed in ways others aren't, which I doubt. Over 17 stone at Christmas, 12.5 stone now. No tricks like eating only neon foods, I've just eaten less and walked an extra 30-60 minutes a day. Granted, I did have a mad plan a few months ago and briefly dabbled with a water only diet but quickly realised that was idiotic so didn't do it for long enough to attribute any real weight loss to it. I've quit smoking too, once I decided I'd had enough it was surprisingly easy but in all honesty not as easy as getting back in shape has been. Smoking is a chemical/habitual addiction, over eating (at least compared to traditional addictions/dependencies) is just habitual. At the risk of crossing the line and sounding condescending it really is 100% will power and you really don't even need much of that if you genuinely want to shift a few pounds.

I'm partly writing this because I'm chuffed that I've achieved what I set out to (and an insomniac!) and partly in the hope it might help others out and encourage people who think it's too much effort. I remember from my psychology days at uni there was a bloke years ago called (I think) Rotter who was relatively approved of and who talked about people having either an internal or external locus of control. Internal folk attributed where they were in the world to their own decisions and vice versa. As an example, incarcerated people generally blamed events outside of their control for their current predicament. I very much suspect that people who say they are trying to lose weight but aren't fall into the same category. Reason I mention it is that I do also think it's 100% necessary to believe a healthier lifestyle will result in losing that spare tyre round your waist - if you don't then you're really setting yourself up to fail. Self fulfilling prophecies and all that.

Having trawled the murky depths of the internet I've read so many people moaning about how hard losing weight is and blaming everything under the sun for their size without taking any real responsibility but it absolutely did my head in after a while; I might re-find some of the more amusing/golden/deluded bull**** later to show you what I'm on about. The amount of morbidly obese people who eat healthily and swim/run many, many miles a day is staggering. In all honesty f*** knows how much they must be eating..! Having said all this, I have absolutely zero problems with anyone based on their size; I don't think fat pride is something to be condoned though. How the hell is that even a thing?

I hope I'm not coming across like a massive conch here, I suspect I may be. I do have a massive amount of time for mental health issues, I've had to deal with other peoples fairly severe problems most of my life and had some pretty gnarly troubles myself at times. It's the one reason I do think is genuinely valid for piling on the pounds, for a multitude of reasons. At the end of the day, even if exercise is difficult then just eating less is going to get you to your target weight if your head is in the right place. I'm sure there are probably some obscure and rare medical conditions which might inhibit things but at the risk of sounding like a conch again, how many fatties were liberated from German concentration camps? Hugely enjoy being proved wrong though so if I am to a significant extent then please go ahead! If nothing else, heated debates on forums always liven things up.

I was actually briefly concerned that my weight falling off so easily could be a symptom of something wrong with me so I've eaten a ludicrous amount of food for a few days and, although it's a shame to undo good work, pleased to see my weight increase accordingly. Plan is to get my body fat % a bit lower then I'll start weight training again to tone up.

I've meandered more than I intended here, most of my posts seem follow that as a pattern here. Hopefully I'm not inviting too much vitriol to be fired back at me... I thought that might have happened with one of my Islam related posts but that was met with a pleasantly approving series of replies.

TL:DR version - Ate less, did more, lost weight, implied that weight loss is actually pretty easy. Awaits replies with trepidation.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Just seen the last reply in this thread bar mine a moment ago was mid April. How have you guys fared since then?
    tFB Trader
    As you say there is no great myth to weight loss just burn more than you consume.

I do think there is a difference to where you get your calories as the same cals from protein will keep you stable and full, but from sugar will crash your energy and make you hungry in no time.

There is no such thing as "just" willpower though. It's a finite resource and one of the most precious commodities on earth. Anyone who develops large reserves of it generally becomes very successful. (Lots of research to back this up).
    I find the trick is to make your diet require no willpower with routine and by making the right choice the easiest one.
    I just found that once I chose to lose weight will power wasn't actively exercised hard. Extra piece of pizza or lose weight was never a difficult decision once I'd decided I wasn't happy with having a close 40" waist. Check yo self before you wreck yourself yo.

I don't think there is even a big difference in what you eat to lose weight, it's just quantity. I found a woman who only ate McDonalds but tiny amounts and lost weight as quickly as anyone. Obviously she won't was heathy nutrient wise compared to Johnny 5 a day but shows it is just the calorie thing. Counting calories is a bit of a fad, it's not had to tell if you are eating less and aiming for a significant defect.
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    75 kg now, 4 kg down from my overweight weight, all by moderating my diet to salads and fruit accompanying meat, cheese or fish. 
    Down from ugly overweight guy to ugly slim guy requires exercise now. So more bicycle and I've invested in a pair or running shoes. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom