Electoral Idiots...

What's Hot
1234568»

Comments

• SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    jesus H, lets take a step back and look at what is actually being argued about here for a moment.

The OP was bemoaning the fact that people don't make informed choices when they vote. I think I have that right yeah?

The right to vote is a fundamental right in a democratic society. What is not for anyone to criticise, is the state of mind, intelligence or level of informity that any given person about to vote has. If we go down this road of criticism we are on our way to totalitarianism and elitism i.e the only choices that matter are those of the select few, who are deemed capable of making decisions.

This is why we have parliamentary government though: we elect a group of people we believe are capable of acting in our best interests, and have some similar beliefs to us.

Once you start insisting people are informed, you take away a freedom of choice.

I disagree with referenda though, but wholeheartedly believe in parliamentary elected government.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Snap said:
    jesus H, lets take a step back and look at what is actually being argued about here for a moment.

The OP was bemoaning the fact that people don't make informed choices when they vote. I think I have that right yeah?

The right to vote is a fundamental right in a democratic society. What is not for anyone to criticise, is the state of mind, intelligence or level of informity that any given person about to vote has. If we go down this road of criticism we are on our way to totalitarianism and elitism i.e the only choices that matter are those of the select few, who are deemed capable of making decisions.

This is why we have parliamentary government though: we elect a group of people we believe are capable of acting in our best interests, and have some similar beliefs to us.

Once you start insisting people are informed, you take away a freedom of choice.

I disagree with referenda though, but wholeheartedly believe in parliamentary elected government.
    Sorry Snap. Your post used too many vowels. I refuse to read it.

;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom