What's Hot

Comments

• LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    Well, err... I watched the video. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11907
    Exactly the same outcome as if this happened outside a nightclub.
    Standing around outnumbered police and pointing your finger in their face when they have ordered you to disperse?
    They either tolerate that and it can escalate, or act.
    What would you have done differently?
    I'm assuming this was escalating into this over 5 minutes or more
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Except they were in a park, with kids. I don't see how the two situations are even remotely comparable

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Well, err... I watched the video. 
    One video is hardly enough to go on if the police in question are trained in something or not.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    True... so they're either trained and ignored / forgot their training, or they're not. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12359
    edited May 2017
    Have to agree with everything that @Legionreturns has said, I'm Also In residential care for kids that have been led a dogs life, never very far away from flashpoint. If you try the overly assertive  aggressive route they just rise to it, our 12 yr olds have no issue with punching grown men or women staff neither do our 17 year olds and believe me you don't want to be up against a highly charged 17 yo. These kids are tough and fit and strong! But having said that if you can roll with the punches and learn to be patient and have a laugh, use a bit of humour and banter it can work wonders. Fact is kids aren't scared of confrontation with adults these days, Or if they are they aren't goin to show that in front of their peers, messed up kids even less.

"OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • You cant hit or physically challenge cops
    You cant hit or physically challenge cops
    Agreed.

Neither should a professional, on duty in a position of power, charge in spoiling for a rumble calling teenagers "mother fucker"

Two wrongs don't make a right, and the onus should be on the police to be the ones in the right.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Standing around outnumbered police and pointing your finger in their face when they have ordered you to disperse?
    Big difference .. these were kids in  a park not boozed up adults at 1:00 am in a high street. Tell me how you justify rugby tackling a petite teenage girl to the ground.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    I think the situation was being reasonably controlled until the dark haired copper came charging in and started shoving the youngsters around - causing the situation to escalate. I would have thought that's the very thing the police would want to avoid doing.
  • kinkin Frets: 1015

Anybody have a clue what it was about?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    Honestly those kids deseve to get battered - little shits
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3067
    I'd like to know why the police were called in the first place.

I very much doubt they just happened to be passing and decided to ask a group of kids to go home because they didn't like the look of them. 

What if the kids had been bullying another kid?  What if it was a Sophie Lancaster type situation? Would charging in, calling a kid a motherfucker and tackling a 'petite' girl to the ground be acceptable to prevent a death? I reckon so. 

But, until we know the back story, there's no way we can judge the behaviour of any individual in that clip. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom

"Why is there such an emphasis on challenging and taking action against unprofessional behaviour?

To maintain public trust and confidence in the police, every person in policing must take responsibility for ensuring that the principles and sta​ndards in the Code of Ethics are not being betrayed."

http://www.college.police.uk/What-we-do/Ethics/Pages/Code-of-Ethics.aspx

RobDavies said:
    But, until we know the back story, there's no way we can judge the behaviour of any individual in that clip. 

Yes there is. See above

Fretwired said:
    Big difference .. these were kids in  a park not boozed up adults at 1:00 am in a high street. Tell me how you justify rugby tackling a petite teenage girl to the ground.
    How do you know they're not intoxicated?
    They were pushing back and being aggressive to the police

and a "petite teenage girl"? are girls harmless and unable to assault anyone? it looked to me that she punched one policeman in the face as he was holding someone down on the floor, whilst another petite teenage girl was kicking him 

I can't tell what had happened before, but it seemed like 2 or 3 police were dealing with a crowd of 20 aggressive teenagers, and had called for backup - why would they do that?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Have to agree with everything that @Legionreturns has said, I'm Also In residential care for kids that have been led a dogs life, never very far away from flashpoint. If you try the overly assertive  aggressive route they just rise to it, our 12 yr olds have no issue with punching grown men or women staff neither do our 17 year olds and believe me you don't want to be up against a highly charged 17 yo. These kids are tough and fit and strong! But having said that if you can roll with the punches and learn to be patient and have a laugh, use a bit of humour and banter it can work wonders. Fact is kids aren't scared of confrontation with adults these days, Or if they are they aren't goin to show that in front of their peers, messed up kids even less.

Most of what you're saying is that teenagers can be violent and strong. If something had already gone badly wrong in this scenario, talking could have been too late. At the start of the video, it looks like talking is not achieving much
    edited May 2017
    Some people are totally missing the point here. Police are a professional outfit, with public responsibility and standards to uphold. There may have been any number of things happened before the camera was rolling, but nothing excuses the behavior of an officer of the law acting like that. 

If you were doing your job and decided that entitled you to wade in, looking for a fight and calling people mother fuckers, do you think you'd still have a job? 

What if your job was to be a uniformed exemplar of the law? 

I totally get that the behavior of the young people was wrong. It might even have been threatening or dangerous, but there's still a professional way to deal with that. This wasn't it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
    Some people are totally missing the point here. Police are a professional outfit, with public responsibility and standards to uphold. There may have been any number of things happened before the camera was rolling, but nothing excuses the behavior of an officer of the law acting like that. 

If you were doing your job and decided that entitled you to wade in, looking for a fight and calling people mother fuckers, do you think you'd still have a job? 

What if your job was to be a uniformed exemplar of the law? 

I totally get that the behavior of the young people was wrong. It might even have been threatening or dangerous, but there's still a professional way to deal with that. This wasn't it.
    so which bits are you complaining about? The swearing? The pushing?
    How do you know the policeman who ran in hadn't just been given an order to burst into the group and break it up with a dominant show of force? The police often do this.

I don't even want to take the side of the police particularly, I just think that this is not an unusual police tactic anywhere in the world to deal with a hostile crowd, the age makes no difference to me, they are not 10 years old, this was already a public disturbance, and we don't have enough information to understand whether the crowd-dispersal tactic was proportionate. The arrests after it looked proportionate to me, the youths were hitting and kicking the PCs 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16102
    You cant hit or physically challenge cops
    No ,you are meant to take the beating quietly
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16102
    No kids were hitting or kicking Police until the police launched an assault on children
    These kids were 14 years old or thereabouts 
    Not little "motherfuckers "……….sorry ,just disgusting
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom