Police thugs in action

What's Hot

Comments

• Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1783
    In reality it looked pretty text book they focussed on the mouthy ringleaders isolated them and it was all over people dissipated quickly rather than call for MR Whippy. In my mind it was proportionate despite it being filmed by someone who is trying to make a point. There are no images of police kicking the shit out of people or punching  heads in. Its a few punches and restraint and control holds.

Its not what we want but the lack of respect in modern society means that Dixon of Dock Green style policing is long gone. The police have there well trained physical guys who like having a go as that is what it takes to sort the groups of thugs these days. 

Its state thugs v public thugs these days no point sending a 50 year old desk bound copper to talk them down. 

As for the stupid Irish lad in the Belfast park flailing around just goes to show what a group of wimps kids are these days. Anyone with a bit of bottle who stood up to him could of sat him on his arse and the same for his stupid girlfriend. You could tell he was all front when he took his T shirt off total amateur.

Although I suppose the risk of criminal proceedings for punching them both out is more of a risk these days as they will be looking for compo money.

World gone wrong
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30927
    My best mate of 40 odd years is a serving, veteran Police Officer in Manchester. The only thing he talks about is retiring in 22 months, 8 days, 19 hours and 4 minutes. 

Men like him perhaps could come back as civilians and teach these crackerjacks a few simple lessons in how to police. 

Paul

Ask your mate how Sgt David Kehoe (GMP) still has a job?

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24339
    I can't believe this thread!  All this talk about context, what we didn't see, the run-up to it all etc.  All of that is utterly irrelevant!

All we know for sure is what we see and hear in the clip.  Regardless of the situation, police are NOT permitted to charge in like that shouting abuse.  End of thread.

It would seem from some of the comments here that some folk aren't aware of the role of the police and feel they should have complete freedom to behave as they see fit.  That's great if you can guarantee that every officer is a Dixon of Dock Green clone, but they're not... They are US with minimal training and a uniform.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Emp_Fab said:
    I can't believe this thread!  All this talk about context, what we didn't see, the run-up to it all etc.  All of that is utterly irrelevant!

All we know for sure is what we see and hear in the clip.  Regardless of the situation, police are NOT permitted to charge in like that shouting abuse.  End of thread.
    Even if there is a gang rape going down?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Gassage said:
    My best mate of 40 odd years is a serving, veteran Police Officer in Manchester. The only thing he talks about is retiring in 22 months, 8 days, 19 hours and 4 minutes. 

Men like him perhaps could come back as civilians and teach these crackerjacks a few simple lessons in how to police. 

Paul

Ask your mate how Sgt David Kehoe (GMP) still has a job?
    Fuck that....

Their crew's bigger than mine....

Hee hee

• bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Emp_Fab said:

It would seem from some of the comments here that some folk aren't aware of the role of the police and feel they should have complete freedom to behave as they see fit.  That's great if you can guarantee that every officer is a Dixon of Dock Green clone, but they're not... They are US with minimal training and a uniform.
    You would've done the same to that bunch of chavs m8.  
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Emp_Fab said:

You would've done the same to that bunch of chavs m8.  
    He would've shot 'em.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11907
    Emp_Fab said:

If my daughters had been behaving like that, I would have approved of the police doing what they did
    punching and kicking the police. Really? You think that's OK?
    I suppose no teenagers ever carry knives, so there was no risk to the police  surrounded by an angry mob of 20 (and the arrested people are up to 34 years old, so it's a false premise to claim they are teenagers anyway) 

What do you do to disperse an angry mob, once reason has failed?
    Do you have an answer?

What if they start then threatening and abusing the police?
    Ignore it?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Actually, I should make sure I know which @Emp_Fab I am talking to, the one who wants Chavs to be shot, or the one that thinks that a drunk and aggressive woman lying in the road has been grossly mistreated if the police simply move her to the edge of the road instead of arresting her
    Who ?  What drunken woman ?  Eh ?  Have I missed a post ?

To answer multiple questions, yes - even if a gang rape was going down.  You use the minimum degree of force necessary.
    Two, I wouldn't have "done that to a bunch of chavs" because I'm not a policeman !  I'm not being paid to keep the peace !
    Three, and the rest of that post, No, I don't think that punching or kicking - from either side - is ok.  The point is that even though we don't get to see the start of the confrontation, it's reasonable to assume that the same police officers were involved and therefore they probably didn't handle it well at the beginning (given that they handled it badly in the clip).  It is clear from what we do see that the police are not trying to defuse the situation at all - they are actively escalating it by being provocative and aggressive.  No way did it have to get that far.  However, once it got that far, it is STILL possible to handle the situation WITHOUT running at them, pushing them and calling them 'motherfucker' !  As for 'threatening and abusing' the police - it depends - if they are just giving it verbal, then yes - absolutely ignore it.

If you can't cope with people calling you names without losing your rag and wanting to get your own back, you have no place in the police force - or the armed forces.  
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I have no recollection of that at all.  Could you find the thread or any posts from me about it?  I doubt I would have criticised the police for that, unless there was more to it than you're presenting.
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    edited May 2017
    Emp_Fab said:
    Who ?  What drunken woman ?  Eh ?  Have I missed a post ?

To answer multiple questions, yes - even if a gang rape was going down.  You use the minimum degree of force necessary.
    Two, I wouldn't have "done that to a bunch of chavs" because I'm not a policeman !  I'm not being paid to keep the peace !
    Three, and the rest of that post, No, I don't think that punching or kicking - from either side - is ok.  The point is that even though we don't get to see the start of the confrontation, it's reasonable to assume that the same police officers were involved and therefore they probably didn't handle it well at the beginning (given that they handled it badly in the clip).  It is clear from what we do see that the police are not trying to defuse the situation at all - they are actively escalating it by being provocative and aggressive.  No way did it have to get that far.  However, once it got that far, it is STILL possible to handle the situation WITHOUT running at them, pushing them and calling them 'motherfucker' !  As for 'threatening and abusing' the police - it depends - if they are just giving it verbal, then yes - absolutely ignore it.

If you can't cope with people calling you names without losing your rag and wanting to get your own back, you have no place in the police force - or the armed forces.  
    @Emp_Fab ;you are one of the biggest bells on here sometimes.

If my family member was being gang raped I would want the maximum force possible used. Who wouldn't?

Still it's ok to kill chavs though eh? Yep that's the way forward isn't it - kill them but don't restrain or arrest them with any  hint of force.

And while I'm on the subject of my Family if one of my kids punched or kicked a copper they would get no sympathy from me.

Previously known as stevebrum
    Emp_Fab said:
    I have no recollection of that at all.  Could you find the thread or any posts from me about it?  I doubt I would have criticised the police for that, unless there was more to it than you're presenting.

I have a good memory, don't take it personally

RHC was more emphatic, but you also were very sympathetic to this unpleasant lady
    http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/12805/feelings-of-entitlement#latest

I was surprised at the time, because I thought she'd already been allowed to get away with far more than any man, yet you were still upset to see her not being helped enough

As we later learned, she had done worse previously

I'm teasing because the other week you were jokingly (and I don't think it was more than that) saying Chavs should be shot

Personally I think that if you're causing trouble, and being confrontational to the police, then a night in the cells is probably a good idea

By this I don't mean genuine peaceful protests, of course
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3067
    It seems like this was in Taunton, Somerset according to a few comments.  

http://www.somersetcountygazette.co.uk/news/15313569.Controversial_arrest_video_sparks_police_investigation/

thanks, here's the important part:

"At 5.29pm today (May 26) we responded to a report a woman was being assaulted in Victoria Park.
    "On arrival a large group of young people refused to co-operate with officers and five people between the ages of 15 and 34 were subsequently detained on suspicion of affray.
    "The 18-year-old assault victim we were originally called to assist is currently in hospital receiving treatment for a number of injuries.
    "An investigation is now underway and we’d ask people not to speculate while it takes place.
    "Body worn video was worn by officers during the incident and will be reviewed as part of the inquiry.

so someone's in hospital, ages of those arrested are 15-34, not all 14 year olds

and video evidence will be presented

but many are happy to make their own mind up about what had happened here based on a video selected by the friends of the arrested

Cheers for that.  No further questions your honour, next witness....
    here's the next bit of info:
    http://www.somersetcountygazette.co.uk/news/15313910.Man_suffers_fractured_jaw_and_six_arrested_after_assault_in_Taunton/?ref=mr&lp=1

A MAN sustained a fractured jaw after an alleged assault in Taunton
    The victim, a 20 year-old man was walking through Victoria Park with two 18-year-old women at around 5pm on Friday (May 26) when he was approached by a large group of young people. 
    The group were then racially abusive to the two women before allegedly repeatedly punching the man in the face.
    Officers arrested two 16-year-old boys in connection with the incident.
    They have both since been released under investigation.
    Avon and Somerset Police is now appealing for witnesses.
    DS Mark Probert said: “This was a violent and disturbing attack in which the victim and his friends were threatened and intimidated by a large group of people.
    “The victim was standing up for the two young women who had been racially abused and as a result he suffered a significant facial injury.
    “There can never be any excuse for hate crime or violence in any shape or form and this criminality will not be tolerated.

anybody want to review their opinions on the policing of this?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • celentiumcelentium Frets: 356
    Stick the kids in tracksuits and change the location to a run down terraced estate... I imagine the reactions would be very different.
  • MattBansheeMattBanshee Frets: 1498
    There's no brutality there, just a group of jumped-up shits who thought they could intimidate the police by outnumbering them and squaring up to them. At one point the video shows one of the girls booting an officer whilst he's on the ground. The officers are clearly attempting to do their job in the face of aggression and hostility.

If you want to see brutality, pull that shit in eastern Europe, they'll just shoot you on the spot and your family will mysteriously disappear.
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2928
    Throughout the video recording, it is possible to hear the youths asserting their entitlement to not be manhandled by law enforcement officers. They appear knowledgable of their rights and entitlements. At the same time, they seem to have no clue whatsoever about their own social responsibilities. Hence, cries of, "don't touch me," despite of everything that they have already done to provoke. (Some members of a well-known American Pickup User Group forum often refer to the millennial generation as "snowflake" and "teacup".)

Of one thing, I am certain. Strike or kick one law enforcement officer and, somewhere between your arrest and the police station, the compliment will be returned several times over. (No cameras in the van.)

I'm not saying that I agree with this but it is what happens. 

EDIT: One surprising aspect of the video recording is that the full-time law enforcement officers did not "neutralise" the person with the camera at the earliest opportunity. 
    Delightful specimens like you are why those kids are the way they are.
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom