IS this a guitar forum anymore? 15.5k off topic discussions

What's Hot

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33826
    That's marvellous.  Any chance you could answer my question about an overdrive pedal as well?   If it helps I can pretend it's a UKIP pedal?

Done happy?

Yes thank you.   Comments genuinely appreciated. 
    Including the one I am about to make accusing you of being a fretwhore?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    I still think you should patent the UKIP pedal

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    What guitar is Theresa May likely to play? A PRS? Corbyn is probably a workman-like  Fender Telecaster. What about amps? What are labour's plans to help hard working bedroom musicians?

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    Surely Theresa May would just get Amber Rudd to play the guitar for her, whilst proclaiming herself to be the worlds greatest shredder?

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2999
    Anymore? Did it used to be a guitar forum then? I thought it was place for people who worry a lot.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7794
     "look at my new Les Paul it's wood coloured"

lolz

"Now my amp however is a Marshall, and it is the colour of black"
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11957
    I really rate this forum and have had some excellent input from some enthusiastic and wonderfully knowledgable guitarist musicians.  But I do wonder where it's going ?

16.3k topics about guitars
    15.5k off-topic posts

You can put up a genuine post about something relevant only for it to disappear forever under the volume of posts - never to be seen.

No critisicm of the forum organisers intended whatsoever.  But exactly how long will it be before Theresa May, motorbikes and <insert pointless topic of your choice> out rank posts about guitars?
    this forum sort of takes the place of the pub, including for issues other than guitars
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Agree with OP.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Thing is, you come to talk about guitars, meet like(ish) minded types and also talk about other things... turns out that as sets You get Guitars G and 'G as everything else... well 'G is the entire universe minus guitars, so there's more not guitar to talk about... hence the number of Off Topic posts...

I'd be more concerned about the sort of arseholes a forum would need to be full of that no one wanted to talk to each other off topic... a guitar forum with this many people, and no one making any connection on a human level would be... some sort of horrible place ... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonic said:
    That's marvellous.  Any chance you could answer my question about an overdrive pedal as well?   If it helps I can pretend it's a UKIP pedal?

Done happy?

Yes thank you.   Comments genuinely appreciated. 
    Including the one I am about to make accusing you of being a fretwhore?
    A fretwhore?   What does that mean?  Is this back to being new on here?
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7923
    Man cannot live on bread alone.......

Though, allegedly, butter and mash works as a complete diet....  particularly if you squish it into a Les Paul shape, and hum the tune from Close Encounters....

https://imgur.com/a/Ba0VI
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Fretwired said:
    What guitar is Theresa May likely to play? A PRS? Corbyn is probably a workman-like  Fender Telecaster. What about amps? What are labour's plans to help hard working bedroom musicians?
    Corbyn plays one of these:

https://reverb-res.cloudinary.com/image/upload/s--CfJ481bx--/a_exif,c_limit,e_unsharp_mask:80,f_auto,fl_progressive,g_south,h_620,q_90,w_620/v1413480931/g6h4hpmzdbuybiwzttph.jpg

Because it's red and from the former USSR.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    edited June 2017
    Came here for a rant about there being too many off topic posts.

Ended up leaving having learned that Matey is the right bubble bath for a ginger right winger, Amber Rudd is a dentist, and Corbyn secretly covets @HarrySeven 's guitar collection.

Left surprisingly not disappointed.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    A Fretwhore is one who sells his ass to obtain fret points. Not unlike @octatonic ;
    Or
    One who posts threads/posts in threads to blatantly get LOL's/Wisdoms/Wow's. Not unlike @octatonic ;

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13957
    Surely Theresa May would just get Amber Rudd to play the guitar for her, whilst proclaiming herself to be the worlds greatest shredder?
    A strong and stable shredder

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    mike_l said:
    A Fretwhore is one who sells his ass to obtain fret points. Not unlike @octatonic ;
    Or
    One who posts threads/posts in threads to blatantly get LOL's/Wisdoms/Wow's. Not unlike @octatonic ;

Meanie.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13957
    mike_l said:
    Or

You say it like it's a bad thing?

Myranda said:
    Thing is, you come to talk about guitars, meet like(ish) minded types and also talk about other things... turns out that as sets You get Guitars G and 'G as everything else... well 'G is the entire universe minus guitars, so there's more not guitar to talk about... hence the number of Off Topic posts...

I'd be more concerned about the sort of arseholes a forum would need to be full of that no one wanted to talk to each other off topic... a guitar forum with this many people, and no one making any connection on a human level would be... some sort of horrible place ... 
    Do you really think many of us actually have a connection though? Apart from me and @Emp_Fab of course.
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Myranda said:

Do you really think many of us actually have a connection though? Apart from me and @Emp_Fab of course.
    I do.
    The jams and meet ups I've been to are pretty fun and clearly there is more of a connection between some people than just via guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    For frame of reference, the people I consider to be my besties don't even post here anymore (I miss @randomhandclaps, @Deijavoo, and @frankus) and I have to keep my secret relationship with @digitalscream under wraps lest he experiences discrimination for dating a Drew - they don't like that sort of thing round here.

I dunno... not feeling very connected right now.