IS this a guitar forum anymore? 15.5k off topic discussions

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3924
    Drew_TNBD said: mi
    Well that sounds promising.  How do I become old and wise?
    When you become old and wise you'll know it. Because you'll look back on your life with regret and wonderment, thinking to yourself that you'd just love to cup that girls ass you see in the gym - even if she's half your age. You'll just leer at her though, thinking you're being subtle but of course you're being very obvious. You'll hate your job, and you'll regret that time when they offered redundancy but you didn't take it.

You'll dick about with the odd bit of guitar gear here and there. But the wife doesn't like it, and you'll kowtow to her demands and only sneak the cheapo Squier out of it's case every few weeks. You'll keep it all though, all that kit. No sense in selling everything and admitting to yourself the great failures of life.

So then you jump on a forum, so you can at least feel somewhat connected to music. You'll get sucked into the chatty areas though, and you'll start endless threads about peachy butts, quotes of the day, football and F1 racing, favourite animals, bad TV that you can't seem to ignore, and a whole cornocopia of lifeless and dull pursuits that go hand in hand with your thorough rejection of your true self.

Until one day regret pours over you like the scorn you have to live with. Only then will you be old and wise. Only then.
    A-fucking-men.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33826
    Drew_TNBD said:
    When you become old and wise you'll know it. Because you'll look back on your life with regret and wonderment, thinking to yourself that you'd just love to cup that girls ass you see in the gym - even if she's half your age. You'll just leer at her though, thinking you're being subtle but of course you're being very obvious. You'll hate your job, and you'll regret that time when they offered redundancy but you didn't take it.

You'll dick about with the odd bit of guitar gear here and there. But the wife doesn't like it, and you'll kowtow to her demands and only sneak the cheapo Squier out of it's case every few weeks. You'll keep it all though, all that kit. No sense in selling everything and admitting to yourself the great failures of life.

So then you jump on a forum, so you can at least feel somewhat connected to music. You'll get sucked into the chatty areas though, and you'll start endless threads about peachy butts, quotes of the day, football and F1 racing, favourite animals, bad TV that you can't seem to ignore, and a whole cornocopia of lifeless and dull pursuits that go hand in hand with your thorough rejection of your true self.

Until one day regret pours over you like the scorn you have to live with. Only then will you be old and wise. Only then.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4924
    Drew_TNBD said:

It's being so cheerful that keeps you going, isn't it!

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    It's more like Jeremy Kyle lately
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33826
    holnrew said:
    Holn, I'm pregnant and it is YOURS!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    octatonic said:
    holnrew said:
    Holn, I'm pregnant and it is YOURS!
    I want a DNA test
    My V key is broken
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Drew_TNBD said:

Would this be a reference to your blossoming relationship with @axisus by any chance,or the forum members in general?
    Clever boy.
    Rocker said: 
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Agree with OP.

Remind me, when was the last time you posted anything about guitars.....
    Everyone that wisdomed this is a dick sucking tramp.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    So this a guitar forum, then?  No shit, you know I thought there seemed to be a few references to the things. I just thought it was a place to take the piss out of people, and hope they reciprocate.

Have you escaped from Margate again?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• RockerRocker Frets: 4991
    @Drew_TNBD I tend to ignore your posts as they almost always have 'words' in them that I don't use in normal conversation. Also I keep away from SC for the same reason. I don't care if you like me or not. And my allusion to 'smelling the roses' is, as everyone knows, to be aware of your surroundings, enjoy the sights and smells even if things are not going too well for you at that moment. And to whoever said I was baiting this individual, no so my friend. Just saying what most here are thinking.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    Rocker said:
    @Drew_TNBD I tend to ignore your posts as they almost always have 'words' in them that I don't use in normal conversation. Also I keep away from SC for the same reason. I don't care if you like me or not. And my allusion to 'smelling the roses' is, as everyone knows, to be aware of your surroundings, enjoy the sights and smells even if things are not going too well for you at that moment. And to whoever said I was baiting this individual, no so my friend. Just saying what most here are thinking.
    So you think most people here are thinking that I don't contribute music and guitar related stuff??

I would hope that isn't true. Coz that would mean most people here are stupid. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10320
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Drew_TNBD said:

Would this be a reference to your blossoming relationship with @axisus by any chance,or the forum members in general?
    Clever boy.
      ;)
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28651
    Rocker said:

Remind me, when was the last time you posted anything about guitars.....

Rocker said:
    @Drew_TNBD I tend to ignore your posts
    Total logic failure there.

Rocker said:
    Just saying what most here are thinking.
    And now projecting!
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11328
    This is more a forum for guitarists rather than guitars.

We do more than play the guitar. I'm sure I'm not speaking just for myself, but that's a bloody good thing, too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965

Rocker said:
    Just saying what most here are thinking.
    And now projecting!
    I don't particularly like the idea that I'm being spoken for on that front. 

Perhaps we should all calm down and remember that the internet doesn't have tone or inflection, and if you're not keen on conversing with someone, don't! 

Let's adult. Adulting can be big and clever.

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    And sexy!
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    Drew_TNBD said:
    And sexy!
    I thought playing guitar was sexy... but no sign of groupies throwing their Primani smalls at me yet! Perhaps I just need to get better? 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17661
    tFB Trader
    Of the things you could criticise Drew for not posting enough guitar related content would be fairly low on the list.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24422
    Drew_TNBD said:

Fuckin' sums it up for me.  :/
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7541
    I think OT exists to keep @Emp_Fab distracted - it seems to work 
    Red ones are better.