How many of you drink a whole bottle of wine to yourselves ?

What's Hot
167891012»

Comments

• McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    Sporky said:
    smigeon said:

You also know you have more wine for tomorrow :-).
    I don't have a particular problem with my own "limit", but that one does work for me whenever I'm tempted to have an extra glug from the bottle in each glass.

I do go a bit light on the first of the two glasses so that the second one can be a bit bigger. I am well aware that it's illogical, but I still do it.
    I do EXACTLY that. But I do make sure my wife's is smaller even than mine.  

That's naughty. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    Fretwired said:
    This thread is enough to turn the most ardent teetotaller into an alcoholic ... :-)
    Heh, I was an alky before reading this thread. Ummm......amateurs lol :o

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    Emp_Fab said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    I deserved at least one LOL for the puppy murderer ending there.  Bastards.
    Is the puppy murderer a chav? I'm not setting fire to my pitchfork otherwise you tease lol grin
    No, but given the location of the concert, he was probably Argentinian....

I see what you did there lol ;)

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• SnapSnap Frets: 6265
    Emp_Fab said:

I am very misanthropic - I'm deeply suspiciious of people, their motives, their real feelings and I think that basically, most (not all) people are sneaky, selfish dicks.

If you launch attacks on humanity it is unlikely that humanity will love you for it.

And, from what I can tell, some people do like rants. I don't myself. I think that they are toxic and small minded. The entire ShitBoilPiss thread is, to me, a litany of situations that people have failed to rise above or, even worse, haven't even tried.

yes.

I used to rant quite a bit, and can gob off when it takes me, which sometimes can get misconstrued on the net. I think most people in here are quite mellow really.

Thing is, ranting is a negative thing, it clouds your brain to the good things in life, and ultimately its destructive to your own state of mind.

I do think though, as you get older you mellow out, and less things bug you. After all, you can't change most things, but you can change your outlook. The world is a wonderful place, and most people have good in them: why not look for that, rather than the shit?

I wonder if when disagreeing with things, or criticising stuff, we are doing it to reassure ourselves of our own place in the world. As if by slating other things, and people, we are justifying our own selves, and reassuring ourselves that we are actually OK.

Emp - ease up, most people are just like thye rest of us: trying to get by in what can be a tricky world. I try to take people as I find them. Its why I get fed up of any sort of stereotyping (particularly class). People are either respectful towards you or not. That;s all that matter really.

I love everyone today, even Jeremy Corbyn, lmao

(mybe cos its Friday)
  • @Emp_Fab , how's the binge going?  The fitness binge that is.
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10308
    edited June 2017
    Myranda said:
    Drinking a whole bottle of wine suggests you are drinking on your own. 

This is not something I ever do.
    Or you bought two bottles of wine...

Though wine is yummy, so drinking it alone is acceptable if you want to
    I might drink two half bottles of wine, but never a single bottle to myself.

I just find drinking alone slightly sad. 
    I'm currently sat on my own in the garden in the sun with a beer and The Smiths blaring out.

While the sun and The Smiths may not be natural stable mates and maybe a little ironic, (A dreaded sunny day,so I'll meet you at tthe cemetery gates?) I'm actually loving it.

Probably says quite a lot about me really.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    I was always the kind to finish a bottle once opened. Took years to realise best practise to buy smaller bottles where spirits were concerned.
  • kossofffankossofffan Frets: 549
    Drank 11 bottles of wine at the Bulldog Bash in '87 as they'd run out of beer for a while!
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24834
    Drank 11 bottles of wine at the Bulldog Bash in '87 as they'd run out of beer for a while!
    You're not the late John Martyn by any chance are you?
  • kossofffankossofffan Frets: 549
    not quite but I should be ' the late ' considering the excessive partying during the 80's
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24389
    110 units of alcohol in one session?   Excuse me for doubting that, but my admittedly non qualified assessment reckons you should be dead.   :o
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Sporky said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    the forum is the great hall where all the orcs emerge from.
    You calling me a huge chasm filled with ugly green things?
    Have a bath ya scutter!
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Emp_Fab said:

I am very misanthropic - I'm deeply suspiciious of people, their motives, their real feelings and I think that basically, most (not all) people are sneaky, selfish dicks.

If you launch attacks on humanity it is unlikely that humanity will love you for it.

And, from what I can tell, some people do like rants. I don't myself. I think that they are toxic and small minded. The entire ShitBoilPiss thread is, to me, a litany of situations that people have failed to rise above or, even worse, haven't even tried.

Starting to come around to this way of thinking.