Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Plugin Deals and Discussion Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited April 2021
    NeuralDSP are using some pretty decent NextGen tech, and the better digital amp sims have improved a lot over recent years, so the game isn't over yet!
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24544
    Yep, I accidentally bought Cory Wong's plugin too. Never heard of him before but his amps sound good. I could easily just blow a couple more hundred on these plugins, must say. I "need" parallax next.
    Touring guitarist in Vulfpeck and the Fearless Flyers.

Great player - very funky / choppy / strummy.

He's on the strat:

• Yep, I accidentally bought Cory Wong's plugin too. Never heard of him before but his amps sound good. I could easily just blow a couple more hundred on these plugins, must say. I "need" parallax next.
    Touring guitarist in Vulfpeck and the Fearless Flyers.

Great player - very funky / choppy / strummy.

He's on the strat:

Not my thing but he has a great tone going on there. Thanks for that, mate.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7297
    Nerine said:
    I was going the opposite way really... 

If you can’t make good music using pretty basic or stock plugins, it’s not the plugins that are the issue. 
    I get the point but I'm starting to like having a pallette of plugins that I use for only one thing that need very little dialling in. that way I can spend less time fiddling and more time on writing / mixing if you see what I mean. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • I've been playing with the Tricerachorus demo, it's stunning, does anyone know when or if Eventide usually run their sales? From memory, this hasn't been discounted since its release...I'm disappointed I missed it back then.

• NerineNerine Frets: 2176
    Picked up Waves CLA Epic and Mix Hub this week for about £25-30 each. They’ve got 80% off. This offer might not be new news but for that sort of price it’s a no brainer. 

Mix Hub is really great actually. Did a “quick mix” with basically nothing else other than that plug-in last night and compared it with another mix I had already sent the band I am working with a couple of nights prior. They preferred the latest one. (Sometimes it’s the mindset you have when you approach a mix that’s the most important.) 

The workflow of it is nice. It also reminds me of why I love SSLs so much and how I used to work on the 4K in the real world. In any case, I usually use a combination of plugins, analogue summing and outboard channel strips on my SSL SiX when mixing and the mix with the CLA Mix Hub was very easy. I found the band solo feature particularly nice. Not a new thing seeing as FabFilter et al have been including it in plugins for years, but nice to have it in an SSL channel strip. I tend to like SSL channel compressors also, and having the bluey option there is a nice touch, too. 

I could easily (have done) do a stellar mix using nothing but this plugin and a couple of reverbs or delays. Will possibly become my go to even though I’m a bit of a Slate VMR/Everything bundle fanboi. 

I’d written Waves off a bit recently. I’ve had the Platinum bundle for years, and all the CLA stuff and a few other bits and I barely used it due to having a lot of other options and as I said previously, being a fanboi of VMR, but I’m actually beginning to appreciate the stuff they do a lot more again. 

Mix Hub gets a massive thumbs up from me. (Provided you’re happy working with an SSL channel strip and you know what to expect from it.) 

I think it’s got a bit more give in it than the Slate SSL EQ. Seems a bit sweeter sounding to me. Doesn’t get harsh quite as quickly when making large boosts. I also think the SSL channel compressor on it sounds better than pretty much any of the compressors in the VMR. 

They’re my initial impressions anyway: Effortless.
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2176
    This one isn’t on offer, and it’s probably been mentioned so take this as a recommendation or +1 if that’s the case. 

Oeksound Soothe 2. 

Incredible. 

It’s £180 although there’s a 20 day free trial. 

I’d happily pay twice that for it and will be buying it as soon as my trial period is over. 

I receive a lot of stuff to mix from various different places so sometimes the source recordings can be of varying quality. This plugin is an absolute godsend and a piece of genius in my opinion. And it works. Amazingly well. 
  • FezFez Frets: 532
    IKmultimedia have some 80%  off deals on until May 2nd the Fender amp 2 and Bass Svx well worth 25 euros
    Don't touch that dial.
    edited April 2021
    Nerine said:
    This one isn’t on offer, and it’s probably been mentioned so take this as a recommendation or +1 if that’s the case. 

Oeksound Soothe 2. 

Incredible. 

It’s £180 although there’s a 20 day free trial. 

I’d happily pay twice that for it and will be buying it as soon as my trial period is over. 

I receive a lot of stuff to mix from various different places so sometimes the source recordings can be of varying quality. This plugin is an absolute godsend and a piece of genius in my opinion. And it works. Amazingly well. 
    Do you use Soothe on individual tracks or the entire mix? Also CLA Mix Hub is better than the other Waves SSL emulations (I use bx SLL consoles).

Have you heard of Nebula? I use some SSL flavours (preamp, line in, bus channels) in conjunction with the algo plugins.

https://www.alessandroboschi.eu/html/alexb/4kc_4k_console.htm
  • I use soothe on busses a fair bit. Particularly overheads. I find it really great for smoothing them out. Different cymbals can have different resonances and different annoying brittle regions in the highs, and manually EQ riding those out is a pain in the ass.

Yes. I could do it with stock plugins. But why the fuck would I? Just to win engineer points on a guitar forum? lolz.

Bye!

• Nembrini are selling their top notch amp sims at 70% off. They say it starts tomorrow but I just snagged one of their plugins on the cheap today.

I use soothe on busses a fair bit. Particularly overheads. I find it really great for smoothing them out. Different cymbals can have different resonances and different annoying brittle regions in the highs, and manually EQ riding those out is a pain in the ass.

Yes. I could do it with stock plugins. But why the fuck would I? Just to win engineer points on a guitar forum? lolz.
    I'm checking out this smart eq demo

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2201
    edited May 2021
    Not exactly a deal, but the new Fabfilter Timeless 3 is half price if you've got Timeless 2.

16 editable and modulatable taps, a clear interface. I like the visual display of bars used to represent the taps and feedback repeats.

Do I really another delay plugin-in? I'll probably get this for my birthday.

It's not a competition.
  • SiejenSiejen Frets: 33
    Everything waves at $29.99 today apparently 
    https://www.waves.com/plugins
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7297
    Siejen said:
    and tomorrow. and the next day..and tuesday 14th 2032....

Also I'm refusing to buy any more waves until they sort their act out with 2nd install licenses. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6907
    Siejen said:

Also I'm refusing to buy any more waves until they sort their act out with 2nd install licenses. 
    I’d love to find anyone that’s managed to pay full price and ask them how they managed it!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7811
    mrkb said:
    Siejen said:

I’d love to find anyone that’s managed to pay full price and ask them how they managed it!
    Basically, a waves plugin is worth $29.99. The DFS of plugins :)
    edited May 2021
    mrkb said:
    Siejen said:

I remember when Waves plugins were extremely expensive, but they were the Rolls Royce of plugins back in the day.
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    Freebird said:
    mrkb said:
    Siejen said:

I remember when Waves plugins were extremely expensive, but they were the Rolls Royce of plugins back in the day.
    cant wait for UAD to be $30 a pop.
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2086
    Melodyne updates on discount this week,

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview