Plugin Deals and Discussion Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2197
    edited June 2021
    Bod said:
    Bod said:
    A bit premature this one, but it's expected that Native Instruments' annual Summer Of Sound event will kick off soon.  The usual affair is 50% off upgrades. 

If you were planning on pulling the trigger on an upgrade, it'll be worth waiting a little while.  I'm planning on upgrading from 11 Ultimate to 13.
    The sale is now live.  

Excellent. I've been waiting for this one too. I recently upgraded my music library drive to 4TB in preparation.
    I might even go for Komplete 13 Ultimate Collector's Edition at the offer price. 

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BodBod Frets: 1301
    Bod said:
    Bod said:
    A bit premature this one, but it's expected that Native Instruments' annual Summer Of Sound event will kick off soon.  The usual affair is 50% off upgrades. 

If you were planning on pulling the trigger on an upgrade, it'll be worth waiting a little while.  I'm planning on upgrading from 11 Ultimate to 13.
    The sale is now live.  

Excellent. I've been waiting for this one too. I recently upgraded my music library drive to 4TB in preparation.
    I might even go for Komplete 13 Ultimate Collector's Edition at the offer price. 

I considered going for the Collector's Edition, but thought better of it.  Hopefully I won't regret that.

I'm not as prepared as you sadly.  I'm busy moving stuff around to make room as I type. #facepalm
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks @Bod, I just got the Ultimate edition. I'm really hoping I can get some of the stuff to work with my M1 Mac Mini. I know they're working on it, so if I can't it's a case of waiting but I'm not going to pass off this offer. Fingers crossed!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33798
    Sonnox have a sale on at the moment.
    They don't get a lot of love as they are expensive compared to Waves etc but I use them a lot.
    Bargains in the sale at the moment are Inflator, Transmod and Limiter.

https://www.sonnox.com

They are made just down the road from me in Finstock.
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2197
    edited June 2021
    Bod said:

I considered going for the Collector's Edition, but thought better of it.  Hopefully I won't regret that.

I'm not as prepared as you sadly.  I'm busy moving stuff around to make room as I type. #facepalm

I got a new 4TB external hard drive, copied all my libraries to that, then renamed it using the drive letter of my original library drive. It saves a lot of faffing around having to set new library paths within individual VSTi's.

It's not a competition.
  • BodBod Frets: 1301
    edited June 2021
    I got a new 4TB external hard drive, copied all my libraries to that, then renamed it using the drive letter of my original library drive. It saves a lot of faffing around having to set new library paths within individual VSTi's.

http://blog.ultimateoutsider.com/2015/01/coming-soon.html
    https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/ultimateplugintool-free-program-troubleshoots-issues-with-vst-plugins-native-instruments-products.232960/ ;

This little tool can help relocate NI stuff and fix some issues.
  • Update...stuff works, yey!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    Native Instruments Summer Sale with upgrades for Komplete at 50% off - cheapest way of upgrading from old versions (2-12) to 13
  • PreSonus Fat Channel is free with any Plugin Boutique purchase this month...

• octatonic said:
    They don't get a lot of love as they are expensive compared to Waves etc but I use them a lot.

I’ve had my eye on The Inflator, i shall pick that up thanks. 
  • Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3469
    edited June 2021
    octatonic said:

I’ve had my eye on The Inflator, i shall pick that up thanks. 

Oh nice, I don't understand these things so knowing what others go for is good to know. Just checked out a video, sounds good. If you get from pluginboutique, you get the free fat channel :-) EDIT: but is more expensive, by the looks

• revsorgrevsorg Frets: 880
    I bought 13 CE last night and hadn't prepared for the extra space it would take up over 12 CE.  Turns out it's quite straightforward to make it install across multiple drives.  My M2 1TB C:/ drive was brimming over with 12 CE but I've got it set to install everything else on my second 0.5TB M2 drive.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7287
    octatonic said:

oxford inflator is awesome!
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    Just got an email from Skio music with a free serial for Waves RBass, which I dont need as I already have a license. This is one of the very few products I purchased from waves, and I got into it after seeing jacob collier use it on his productions. 

It's basically an exciter plugin for bass frequencies and makes low sub-bass frequencies audible at higher registers. Great for giving punch to kicks, bass instruments. Not 100% sure the serial is transferrable, but if anyone wants to have a go, you're welcome to try redeeming it on your waves account.
  • Is this the Renaissance Bass plugin? There's a popular guy on YouTube who says that's one of his favourites

• BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    Is this the Renaissance Bass plugin? There's a popular guy on YouTube who says that's one of his favourites
    That's the one. It's a great plugin. A staple for me. 
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    Soundtoys have a sale on that ends on Weds. ST5 is there for about £200. Tempted. Individual plugins are as cheap as $29 too.
  • Definitely recommend Echoboy. It's one of the best delay plugins going.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    edited June 2021
    Definitely recommend Echoboy. It's one of the best delay plugins going.
    cheers, I've got all the ones they gave away over the last 5 years, little alter boy, little plate, devil loc, tremolator and microshift. All of them are outstanding, sound brilliant, so I am tempted to go the whole hog and get the full versions and full set whilst on offer. Doubt I'll regret it.

Maybe I just like procrastinating...

In other news - having bought the Komplete 13 Ultimate upgrade, I had a quick look at Guitar Rig pro 6 yesterday. Skinned through the new bass patches. Have to say, they sound a lot better than GR5. More dynamic, response and sort of "open" if you know what I mean. Much more realistic and natural. Will have a look at the guitar bits later, but so very, very impressed.

Next up for try out is Butch Vig Drums. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Try the Sie q. It’s a brilliant eq. I love it on guitars, as does Eric Valentine so i’ve learnt.