Plugin Deals and Discussion Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22137
    Definitely recommend Echoboy. It's one of the best delay plugins going.
    It really is. The day Soundtoys change things so their plugs are Cloud compatible, I'll go back for it. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @Snap would be most interested in hearing your verdict on GR6. 

• SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    @Snap would be most interested in hearing your verdict on GR6. 
    I've had a bit more of a do today. Still getting to grips with it tbh.
    First impressions
    It looks different - but then, we've been used to GR5 for a long time, so I guess that;s to be expected.

Main thing is it just sounds better and responds better. GR5 always felt a bit artificial, brittle if you will. 6 sounds more lifelike. 

The tuner is better as well, much better, esp for bass. 
  • @Snap would be most interested in hearing your verdict on GR6. 
    You didn' ask, but here's my thoughts anyway...After trying GR6 over the last few days, like @Snap, I'm quite impressed too. IMO, it's not on par, tone-wise, with Amplitube 5, which I think is really good, but there are some tones in there that are great. The Vox is quite nice and the Hiwatt is quite good too. I prefer the vox to Amplitube's version, for breakup, and it's easier to clean up too.I prefer Amplitube's Marshall and Mesa models.

But where GR6 shines, IMO, is the effects. I love the way that NI have included all their standalone effects like Flair, Choral etc and a shed load of others into the rack. Much like IK do for Amplitube. Between the two products, I can get some really great sounds happening...but if I'm honest, most of the heavy liftin, amp-wise, is done in Amplitube...with a fair bit of processing with GR6. For example, the DMM model in GR6 is really good, IMO. I might even prefer it to Echoboy.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • Actually, scrap that, I'm just messing about with the Marshall JCM 800 model on GR6 again and it doesn't sound too bad actually, a bit too middy for it to be my 'go to' but it definitely does a job and I'm warming to it.

@Jonathanthomas83 - you are spot on in what you say about the AC30 sim in GR6, it's lovely. Ditto on the effects included. The new bass Invader amp is very good too. 
    Yes, I like it. 

Thanks, chaps. I'm musing over whether to go for the bundle. Kontakt is something I'd planned for in the future. 

• Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3469
    edited July 2021
    Plugin alliance have given $40 away already, grab $20 off while you can today using the code "MEGA-SALE-20OFF" because they're resetting it again tonight so that you can reuse it again tomorrow. So in effect, they've practically given us $60 to spend during this sale.

For info, separately, the Sale ends 3rd July.

• BodBod Frets: 1301
    edited July 2021
    Line 6 have a summer promotion.  30% off Helix Native amongst other bits of software with the code SUMMER30. 
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2197
    edited November 2021
    I suppose this might be one positive (or possibly expensive) plus for ads on the forum.

I'm seeing ads for some SDX and EZX expansions being on offer at the moment. Any recommendations? I've already got Decades, Death & Darkness and Fields of Rock which I can recommend, except those particular SDXs aren't on offer.

Btw. It was very tricky composing this post because autocorrect kept changing SDX and EZX to SEX, which would have given entirely the wrong impression.

It's not a competition.
    edited November 2021
    the free NI instrument 25 is very good. 

Verdict so far on my upgrade to 13 ultimate - it's great. The new instruments are all neat, and have good interfaces. I cant quite suss Butch Vig Drums yet, but it sure sounds good. 
    Stradivari violin sounds amazing. Not sure where I will use it though!

The FX units are very good too. PHasis, Raum, Flair, Choral all sound great. Good reverbs too.
  • IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 145
    Anyone know if Line 6 are doing a sale on Helix Native for Black Friday? 
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    I suppose this might be one positive (or possibly expensive) plus for ads on the forum.

I'm seeing ads for some SDX and EZX expansions being on offer at the moment. Any recommendations? I've already got Decades, Death & Darkness and Fields of Rock which I can recommend, except those particular SDXs aren't on offer.

Btw. It was very tricky composing this post because autocorrect kept changing SDX and EZX to SEX, which would have given entirely the wrong impression.

@stratman3142 ;

The Toontrack ones I use most often are:

https://www.toontrack.com/product/new-york-studios-vol-2-sdx/

https://www.toontrack.com/product/alt-rock-ezx/
    https://www.toontrack.com/product/dream-pop-ezx/
    https://www.toontrack.com/product/poprock-ezx/ - Really love the huge midi drum grooves/fills played by Nir Z 
    https://www.toontrack.com/product/post-rock-ezx/
    https://www.toontrack.com/product/southern-soul-ezx/
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2197
    edited November 2021
    Thanks for the info @duotone. I'm still mulling it over and wondering whether to save up and go for their reduced price for three offer, so I can get the more recent SD3 SDX's (which don't appear to be on offer).

It's not a competition.
  • ML Sound Labs have 50% off at the minute. Their IRs are fantastic and some of the amp sims are pretty good too.
  • Waves Platinum bundle for $99! 

I got it for $91 cos I already had a few things f those included. I haven’t gone through it thoroughly but I figured there would be some useful stuff in there for less than $2 a plug-in?

I might be wrong?????

• robwright said:
    Waves Platinum bundle for $99! 

I got it for $91 cos I already had a few things f those included. I haven’t gone through it thoroughly but I figured there would be some useful stuff in there for less than $2 a plug-in?

I might be wrong?????
    good plugins but I wont buy any more until they sort out 2nd licenses...im not joining a subscription plan jsut so i can move projects between my desktop and laptop. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6819
    edited November 2021
    Black rooster have a bundle of all their plugins for $99. Are there any great plugins in their bundle?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • I think the BR plugins are a bit meh, they look awesome but I don't use them, ever. I always prefer other plugins when it comes to choosing what goes on my tracks.

• I think I saw a post on Facebook about signing up to Waves newsletter for free VST on Black Friday