"Cr*p Things Bands Do"

What's Hot

Comments

• cpcompanycpcompany Frets: 126
    Having Encores and Stage banter. I prefer bands to just get up, play their set and fuck off. I can't stand crowd participation and stage banter, absolute shite it is. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    cpcompany said:
    Having Encores and Stage banter. I prefer bands to just get up, play their set and fuck off. I can't stand crowd participation and stage banter, absolute shite it is. 
    Frank Zappa did some incredibly funny stage banter, but you can't hear that on stage anymore. Gutted i never got to see him live, so dying in '93 as i was getting into his music was a moot point.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7963
    edited June 2017
    Honestly I'd rather bands do what they want with regards to new material, rather than guessing what the fans want. Then at least they're making what they're into at the time.

Sure sometimes it means bands end up not being my thing anymore but the opposite can also be true... there are several bands where I only like their newer stuff and not the old stuff.

People's taste and life experience changes over time - with a lot of heavy bands, they're just not angry about the world anymore when they're 40 and married with kids.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6527
    Carrying on as if nothing changed when a key member dies. 

New Order did the right thing. 

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16300
    Saying 'our new album is the best thing we've ever done' so, damn, the last ten I bought by you are all crap then :anguished: 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Pretentious shyte (looking at you Andy Summers) after making an "artiste" or "art" album. Most prevalent in classical music, where they are so up themselves, they forget that people just want to listen to their music and don't give a shit what was going on in said musicians life when it was being written, recorded, produced. Yeah whatever, just play the new album.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28664
    Telling stories on stage. Shut up and play.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5866
    Insisting on playing before and after the Bingo and Raffle, meehhhh, noisy bleeders!
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17666
    tFB Trader
    cpcompany said:

Have you considered staying at home and listening to a CD?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12419
    Releasing 10 disc or more deluxe box sets with interminable out takes, demo versions, remixes and edits of the original. Then charging a ridiculous amount for it. Yes you, King Crimson  and Pink Floyd, I'm looking at you. 
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12940
    Announcing "uk tours" that don't feature any dates north of Nottingham. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14571
    edited June 2017
    10th anniversary reissue.....then a 20th anniversary reissue.....then a 30th .....etc
    Some of the re-mastering / re-issuing game is to do with genuine improvements in audio resolution. Much of it is to do with selling the same ol' favourites one mo' time.

The Gaga/Goulding stunt is shameless exploitation of gullible fans. Twenty five years ago, it was CD singles. The same "A" side twice. Alternative "B" side content per disc. Hardcore fans buy both versions in the first week of release. This earns fake sales figures and, the record company hopes, warrants a Top 40 chart position.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11345
    Saying in interviews "oh yeah, that album wasn't very good" but not adding "and if anyone who bought it wants their money back we'll be happy to offer a full refund".
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17666
    tFB Trader
    Has anyone else mentioned the "Indie bonus" yet?

The thing where all indie bands feel duty bound to say: "We make music for ourselves and if anyone else likes it it's just a bonus"
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    Carrying on as if nothing changed when a key member dies. 

New Order did the right thing. 
    Angus needs to finally pack up his SG and go home. AC/DC is now the Triggers Broom of rock...

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    NOT releasing a live album and/ or DVD of the tours that matter
    Prince, I'm looking at YOU Sonny Jim. Where's the Lovesexy Live DVD? Where's the decent live album that WASN'T from your indulgent Jazz-meets-Jehovah's-Witnessing period? Where's the live document of the huge run at the O2? What?! That shitty CD from an aftershow that came with a coffee table book, last seen at branches of The Works?! Is that IT?!
    Is there really no official footage from the Purple Rain tour?! The 1999 tour? Really?!

Where's the Smiths live DVD?!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484

Morrissey was concerned about the ethics of people eating takeaways in their living rooms while watching him perform.

(We could probably do a separate thread about cr*p things Morrissey has done while performing Please let's not go there...)

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2017
    Ravenous said:

Morrissey was concerned about the ethics of people eating takeaways in their living rooms while watching him perform.

(We could probably do a separate thread about cr*p things Morrissey has done while performing Please let's not go there...)

Hahahaha True! :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16300
    Making tour T shirts that look shite that are bought by adoring fans in the heat of the moment, worn once, washed and then given to and worn by relatives with mental health issues thus contributing to the stigmatising of the mentally ill as they wander the seaside towns of Britain in ill fitting Nickelback and Michael Buble T shirts. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28664
    cpcompany said:

Have you considered staying at home and listening to a CD?
    That's exactly what anyone who likes music does.

Bands are awful live.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    2reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom