Fretboard Jam 2017 - Song List Thread - Running Order V4

What's Hot

Comments

• aord43aord43 Frets: 287
    You have missed me against Sunshine of your Love.  This weekend I should get a chance to figure out if I can do any others.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    edited July 2017
    aord43 said:
    You have missed me against Sunshine of your Love.  This weekend I should get a chance to figure out if I can do any others.
    If any of the locals are free this weekend, I have Saturday and Sunday afternoons totally free to jam, do whatever work you want to do to your guitars (within certain limitations) and generally chill with music.
    Noise friendly house and plenty of guitars and music to make an afternoon of it.

If you're allergic to cats, it's not for you though and I'm not being daft here. We have a cat and for someone that's allergic that's not even close to funny so I thought I should say that up front.
    If you're ok with our little furball then you're welcome to come and discuss songs for the jam, work on your guitar and jam as much as you want.
    Big amps might be a problem as we're on the top floor of 4 floors and it's 8 flights of narrow stairs up to the top but small light amps and guitars aren't a problem to bring up here.

Let me know if anyone wants to do this either this weekend or any other day, I'm free most of the time except Thursdays.

EDIT: PLEASE PM ME ABOUT THIS !!!

.......I don't want to get told off for distracting the song thread again (rightly so) and whilst this is sort of relevant it's not about the songs we're playing on the day as such so please use PM to arrange coming over to Jam and practice at my place, so as to keep our collective work as streamlined as possible.
    Thanks.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27538
    aord43 said:
    I missed WezV off completely
    :(

Both added in the next update.
    :)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16681
    I won't take it too personally. :(
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    @TTony great work with the matrix.

I now have two main songs, and have dropped Call Me the Breeze and Pretty Vacant.
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Alnico said:
    monofin said:
    @alnico anyone volunteered to trade licks on roadhouse blues with you yet?
    Well...........@fandango suggested he would do that song BUT he's also going to do some Tom Petty and I've asked @not_the_dj to support him with that, so...........if Colin ( @not_the_dj ; ) would also take *That* cover of RH BLues, then you and I could do another rendition and THAT is the point I was making earlier that it's perfectly ok for us to do this.

@TTony last night we arranged for there to be two versions of Roadhouse Blues. One with me and @fandango and another with @Alnico ;and @monofin ;

Is that still all ok guys?
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Alnico said:
    monofin said:
    @alnico anyone volunteered to trade licks on roadhouse blues with you yet?
    Well...........@fandango suggested he would do that song BUT he's also going to do some Tom Petty and I've asked @not_the_dj to support him with that, so...........if Colin ( @not_the_dj ; ) would also take *That* cover of RH BLues, then you and I could do another rendition and THAT is the point I was making earlier that it's perfectly ok for us to do this.

@TTony last night we arranged for there to be two versions of Roadhouse Blues. One with me and @fandango and another with @Alnico ;and @monofin ;

Fine with me and I'm sure will be with @monofin too.
    TTony last night we arranged for there to be two versions of Roadhouse Blues. One with me and @fandango and another with @Alnico and @monofin ;

I'm guessing / hoping that there might be a few versions of that particular track
    ;)

All the above updates now corrected and the summary in post #3 updated.

• WezVWezV Frets: 16681
    Tempted to put myself forward for sunshine of your love.  Still considering the others
    Looking at that now I'm down for quite a lot, perfectly happy to play whatever but don't want to take more than my fair share. 

@impmann would you want to take Pretty Vacant from me? 
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12667
    Looking at that now I'm down for quite a lot, perfectly happy to play whatever but don't want to take more than my fair share. 

@impmann would you want to take Pretty Vacant from me? 
    Can do! :-)
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• Can you stick me down for Roadhouse blues on bass. Intermediate level although a little out of practice.
    If needed for other bass duties, let me know. 
    I'm not sure how much tree time for learning complex stuff I will have though.

Jon
    In jazz, no one can hear you scream
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Can you stick me down for Roadhouse blues on bass. Intermediate level although a little out of practice.
    If needed for other bass duties, let me know. 
    I'm not sure how much tree time for learning complex stuff I will have though.

Jon
    Tree time? You lucky so-so. I don't have any 'tree' time. I hardly have any free time either.

Still, a quick coffee, then I'll pick up a guitar in a mo ...
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    edited July 2017
    Did my first run through of Hard to Handle last night with my jam mates. Recorded it just to see how awful it sounds (our singer wasn't there so I had to sing and play at the same time which I suck at!). It's not entirely shit! Not bad for 2 days practice from scratch! 

No, you're not getting the recording.  

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    edited July 2017
    OK I'll try Mustang Sally and Call Me The Breeze for rhythm. Temporarily removing myself from playing songs until further notice

Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• slackerslacker Frets: 2240
    edited July 2017
    Been WiFi less for a week.

So I'm Chris ill play bass to help out on what's needed. 

Guitar wise I'll play what's left but not xtreme. I'm ok on guitar but good at slide. I'd like a crack at learning to fly but if its full that's fine. 

I'd like tips on how to solo without a slide, so playing on specific songs is less important than confidence, so anyone who can show me how to solo is fine by me.
    edited July 2017
    Looks like we have only one name against Mustang Sally, and if Justin Sandercoe is to be believed it's not too hard, so I will have a go at that too.
    Justin teaches it in A and recommends a capo at 3 to play along with the original in C.  Are we going to specify keys for these songs in advance?
    Having said that I will probably play it using barre chords.  But I would still like to know what key the songs are intended to be in on the day.

aord43 said:
    Having said that I will probably play it using barre chords.  But I would still like to know what key the songs are intended to be in on the day.

Yes the keys will be published beforehand. Someone was working on that, not sure who though!