Anyone got a SIMBA mattress?

What's Hot

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12352
    We bought a Nytex from amazon which was £270 and is the same spec as the simba, great mattress thoroughly recommend it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Now on our 4th SiMBA

Fucking crock of shite
    What are you doing to them @Travisthedog ??

I’m not doubting your ownership experience in any way, but we’re about 5 weeks in with our Simba (and loving it so far) and I can’t really see what could go so wrong with it.
  • TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1845
    edited August 2018
    The foam comes apart at the sides and forms a bigvwhole which your right arse cheek sinks into.

Or days of mattress killing sex are long gone .

The while normally appears after about 6-8 months, you may find that it softens up significantly after this time to
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28138
    Why keep buying them then? 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    The foam comes apart at the sides and forms a bigvwhole which your right arse cheek sinks into.

Or days of mattress killing sex are long gone .

The while normally appears after about 6-8 months, you may find that it softens up significantly after this time to
    Right, OK. Well, forewarned is forearmed I suppose. Have you had any comment from Simba over the repeated failures?

Sporky said:
    Why keep buying them then? 
    Replaced under warranty I expect Sporky.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28138
    Ah. I'd wondered that, but it makes sense to me to switch to something that'll last and be less hassle. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1746
    Bumping this old thread.

Our 2016 Mattress that came free with the bed frame is now well and truly knackered so it's time for a replacement.

For the peoples out there who got a Simba/Leesa/Emma mattress how do you rate them long term?

Having now had a cheap mattress for the past 5 years we would like to get something that's going to last a good ten years.
  • CleckoClecko Frets: 295
    We've had Loaf's 'Our Favourite Mattress' for 7 years and it's been fabulous. We'll probably replace it next year but just because of the 8-year rule. It's held up brilliantly, and we give it a decent hammering. 

• guitarmanglerguitarmangler Frets: 584
    I still like my simba, I’ve had it 3 years ? Only downside is that I’ve got a super king, and you have to rotate (not flip) the mattress each month and it’s pretty heavy. 
  • CleckoClecko Frets: 295
    Actually, that's really true of the Loaf mattress, too. We just have a King Size and it's quite a physically demanding job!
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7323
    I've got a nectar mattress but I think it's the same thing. I'm used to it now, but when I first got it every time I laid on it id go ooo!
    At one point the divan broke (yeeeeah babyyyy) so we put it on the floor while the new one arrived and that was even comfier.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    boogieman said:
    We've been thinking about a new mattress too. Didn't know anything about Simba but I just had a quick look at their site. At least their price is reasonable .. a Tempur mattress is over two grand for a king size.  o

Seeing as how they do the 100 night free trial thing why not just give it a go? 
    Ours is Tempur is super king. Didn't pay anything like that for it though ( although I think there are slightly different grades of what they do). The process seems to be that if you buy direct you can get the free trial or buy from a shop for half the price but no free trial ( just normal consumer rights). It's fine but I can't say it's changed my world although MrsTheWeary ( who spends a lot longer in bed than I do) loves it. 

Still going strong after what must be 8 or 9 years. Can’t say we’ve rotated it very often. The current equivalent is about £3k online, 

My sister has a bad back ( she has curvature of the spine) and ended up sleeping on an inflatable camping bed for years having thrown £thousands at posh mattresses. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1097
    I've had my Emma mattress for over a year now, no regrets so far. They have some fairly frequent sales with around 30% off.
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3065
    We bought an Otty based on some YouTube reviews.   I’m happy enough with it but it’s really firm.  Too firm for my missus, who moans about it incessantly. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22780
    Are all these companies - Emma, Nectar, Simba, Otty, Eve, etc - offering very similar products, or are there fundamental differences?  I see their ads and I gather they're mostly "mattress in a box" memory foam jobbies, but there's a temptation to think they're interchangeable when in fact some may be way better than the others.

I'm well overdue for a new mattress, but it's one of those cases where you really don't want to make the wrong choice since you're going to be spending 25% of your life lying on the thing.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17603
    tFB Trader
    I want a new Mattress, but I'm assuming there is some kind of factory direct company that does them for half the price without all of the guarantees of 100 day returns and the like.
    I want a new Mattress, but I'm assuming there is some kind of factory direct company that does them for half the price without all of the guarantees of 100 day returns and the like.
    Obviously going back a bit but we bought our Tempur from a shop ( Feather and Black) at a discounted cost over the Tempur website. IIRC got them to include free delivery as well, just talked it down to a round figure. 
    Sometimes you are better off going into a shop. 

Philly_Q said:
    Are all these companies - Emma, Nectar, Simba, Otty, Eve, etc - offering very similar products, or are there fundamental differences?  I see their ads and I gather they're mostly "mattress in a box" memory foam jobbies, but there's a temptation to think they're interchangeable when in fact some may be way better than the others.

I'm well overdue for a new mattress, but it's one of those cases where you really don't want to make the wrong choice since you're going to be spending 50% of your life lying on the thing.
    Corrected for MrsTheWeary. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22780

Philly_Q said:

I'm well overdue for a new mattress, but it's one of those cases where you really don't want to make the wrong choice since you're going to be spending 50% of your life lying on the thing.
    Corrected for MrsTheWeary. 
    I had to read it very carefully to spot the difference! :D
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom