Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Fretboard Jam - North Edition - Sasquatch Studios - Huddersfield - 27th January 2018 - SONG LIST UP!

What's Hot

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24580
    Yeah, I really was that tired by that point....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Hang on, you mean there isn’t a photo of me looking like a miserable fuck bag from the Jam???!!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hang on, you mean there isn’t a photo of me looking like a miserable fuck bag from the Jam???!!
    I think secretly you enjoyed yourself. Apparently northern air agrees with you. ;) 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    Hang on, you mean there isn’t a photo of me looking like a miserable fuck bag from the Jam???!!
    I think secretly you enjoyed yourself. Apparently northern air agrees with you. ;) 
    If I can be serious for a minute, I might not be the best bass player in the world, but being in an originals band it means nearly all my playing is original stuff - one of the reasons I love the Jam days so much is I get a chance to play covers with some really talented musicians. 

Thanks all for tolerating my random ill prepared donging in the background ;)
  • Not sure if Bob was suggesting you were fond of playing with yourself on this one @vasselmeyer ?

There's a reason it's called a guitar "solo", dude  ;)
    Not sure if Bob was suggesting you were fond of playing with yourself on this one @vasselmeyer ?

There's a reason it's called a guitar "solo", dude  ;)
    You sure he wasn’t saying “hurry up you wankers!!” ?
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    edited January 2018
    Not sure if Bob was suggesting you were fond of playing with yourself on this one @vasselmeyer ?

There's a reason it's called a guitar "solo", dude 
    You sure he wasn’t saying “hurry up you wankers!!” ?
    Has purple rain finished yet? I need to go and pack the amps away

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I think that photo was from Tush which was short and sweet, to make up for the epic Purple Rain. 
    I think that photo was from Tush which was short and sweet, to make up for the epic Purple Rain. 
    Nah, I played Tush and I’m taking the picture so it can’t be - I think it might have been purple rain...
  • It was less than 10 minutes long. Wait for the 12" remix. 
    It was less than 10 minutes long. Wait for the 12" remix. 
    There were some epic solos in it tho... there were plenty of impressed listeners in the booth
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2041
    I have a feeling this was just pre Travis - either way, Lovely PRS ;)

That must have been practising for Champagne Supernova. I'm playing that little solo bit around the 12th fret.  Great picture, dude. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I have a feeling this was just pre Travis - either way, Lovely PRS ;)

That must have been practising for Champagne Supernova. I'm playing that little solo bit around the 12th fret.  Great picture, dude. 
    You’re right - it’s Champagne Supernova.

Played some cracking tunes today - lots of fun. You’ve got some good pipes on you too mate.
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 918
    Got in about 20 minutes ago after a great day at t'Northern jam followed by a cracking gig in Bradford. I am absolutely cream crackered now!!

Great fun meeting all you guys and playing some great tunes. Thanks for a really good day.

Special thanks to all the organisers for their sterling efforts and making the day run so well.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24806
    A few more thoughts....

Never heard a Kemper before @drwiddly’s yesterday. It sounded fantastic - and the Dr is an awesome player.

Also saw @vasselmeyer’s board built by Chris @CustomPedalBoards - an absolute work of art. Chris also showed us the 3 Monkeys cabling system he’s importing - looks really good.

As I said in my previous post - a great day - thanks again to everyone.
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 918
    Thanks @richardhomer. I thought there was some fantastic playing all round yesterday. Special mention to my new partner in guitar crime @vasselmeyer ; :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Yesterday was a potentially great day, completely ruined by having Mustang Sally pulled from the set list!  I'm still reeling from the shock and disappointment....  :'( :'( :'(

But in all seriousness, it was great fun meeting and playing with you all. The studio bits were good, but some of the random impromptu jams that struck up in the other rooms were arguably just as enjoyable!

To echo other people's thoughts, it would be great to turn it into a full weekender in the future if feasible. It would be nice to have had the time to do 2 shots at each song in the studio. Every one i played on was a one-shot wonder and, whilst I didn't play too badly, I would have liked to have had a second bite of the cherry to iron out some of the creases! Plus obviously a weekend shindig would make it even more of a social event.

With regards to the recordings can I just say that I have no problem with anything I played on being published on Soundcloud, mistakes and all! :)
  • This weekend event idea does mean that @modellista ; could find you the seediest granny disco around and force you to watch him gyrating with the local mutton. 

Note, this experience is not for the faint hearted

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27516
     it would be great to turn it into a full weekender in the future if feasible. It would be nice to have had the time to do 2 shots at each song in the studio. Every one i played on was a one-shot wonder and, whilst I didn't play too badly, I would have liked to have had a second bite of the cherry to iron out some of the creases! Plus obviously a weekend shindig would make it even more of a social event.
    There's an idea for future meet-ups ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27516
    edited January 2018
    I have no problem with anything I played on being published on Soundcloud, mistakes and all! 
    @Legionreturns ;;;
     Assuming that you'll be co-ordinating the recordings, let me know when you're ready to publish, and I'll send you the details for theFB's SoundCloud account.  It's a paid subscription, so we have no limits on uploads, and none of the other drawbacks of a free account.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.