Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Hurricane Irma

What's Hot

Comments

• I'd be worried, very worried. There's been no mention of tea bags in this thread. 
    For the love of God please tell me you're OK for a cuppa. 
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Trump said it's not good. And he's in charge. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    edited September 2017
    Some pretty scary feed from the satellite.
    That one from yesterday.

And this one :

Pffffft.

That vid is clearly a fake if it's come from NASA. Surprised siraxeman hasn't already rubbished it from here to breakfast and back again.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• I'd be worried, very worried. There's been no mention of tea bags in this thread. 
    For the love of God please tell me you're OK for a cuppa. 

Fear not, I have teabags a plenty! I have been forced to track down some Canadian bacon in an effort to feed the bacon habit, as American bacon appears to consist solely of flavoured fat.

And a visit to the GuitarCenter in Fort Myers this afternoon proved to be a welcome distraction, even if the only thing I got vaguely excited about was a used lemon-burst LP. They did have a Jackson V Randy Rhodes, white with black spots all over it for about $4,000 which for a V aficionado looked hideous. They also had a new V Custom in black, but at $3,800, no doubt plus taxes, I couldn't get excited about it either, and to be honest, the wife was more enthusiastic than me.

Anyway, it's back to the pool and more beers!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Cold Chill, Down Your Back
    You Feel The Power
    I'm Bound To Attack
    The Wicked Sky, Screams With Pain
    You Hear Its Warnin'
    And It Drives You Insane
    Gonna Drive You Insane
    Well It's A Hurricane Yeah
    And It's Comin' Down On You
    And It's Comin' Down On You, You, You, You
    Fear Strikes, Deep In Side
    You're On Your Own With
    No Place To Hide
    Much Too Late, You Hear That Sound
    You're In It's Grasp, Never To Be Found
    And It's Comin' Down On You, You, You, You
    Oh! Gonna Get Ya!
    Cold Chill, Down Your Back
    You Feel The Power
    I'm Bound To Attack
    Gonna Attack!
    And It's Comin' Down On You, You, You, You, You, You, You
    Gonna Get Ya Baby!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2422
    I dare you to run out in a Superman outfit and make the Yanks believe he actually exists.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12434
    Carrying a piece of corrugated tin over your head will keep you dry as well as being lightning proof.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1477
    I have family that live on St. Maarten. They are all fine, but everything has been destroyed. 
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12448
    This is a really bad mofo of a storm. Looks like Barbuda is pretty much destroyed too.

All joking aside, be careful out there Mr Chilli. (And yeah Yankee bacon is dire stuff).  
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4931
    How are you doing. C-Dog?  It looks pretty wild from here...

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    We're on holiday in Cape Coral on the Gulf Coast of Florida. The Yanks are panic-buying all kinds of stuff like tinned soup and bottled water. In true British and Fretboard style, me and the missus are stocking up on beer, wine and gin, and we've bought a scented candle in case the lights go out. I think we have a packet of peanuts and a bag of crisps somewhere, plus the wife has bought a packet of chocolate digestives.

We just cannot be bothered to panic, so do you reckon we should batten down, or just brazen it out as usual?
    I have a friend who lives in Florida along the path of the hurricane - she's with her daughter who has just entered her 37th week of pregnancy so they can't escape. All the food and fuel has gone so she's hunkering down. Hope you find somewhere to hangout while the storm passes ..

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • LoFiLoFi Frets: 534
    Friend runs a villa-letting business on St Barts (from the UK). His business partner has just had to climb up a lighthouse to get a phone signal and tell him that they're not expecting power back on the island for 6 weeks, and both the supermarket and petrol station have been destroyed.
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hope you guys are OK, parents just sent me these photos from some family members who live in Miami. 

http://m.imgur.com/MP0Jvgp,hptvytQ,qo6tWqP,bMRdAt5
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6120

A bit overcast and odd spot of rain today, so we're not going out on the boat, and the wife has decided we should go shopping instead. Oh, good, I can't wait.
    Yeah, I'd leave the boat for the moment -

1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpothotpot Frets: 846
    One of my wifes friends has just mentioned on her facebook page that she's arrived in Florida for a two week holiday, My missus asked her if she watches the news! She replied Why! whats up!. LOLOLOL.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Pictures or you weren't there!

On a serious note, I hope you're ok :)

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• Just got back in from a very nice round trip of Estero Island, we anchored off Fort Myers Beach for swimming and sunbathing on the way back. Flat calm sea, blue skies, 32 degrees C, sunshine, and now it's time for us to lounge around in the pool with drinkies before a nice steak din-dins. There's speakers outside so I can connect the hi-fi to Spotify while I'm languishing and listen to some sounds while watching the wife's thrupennies bobbing up and down in the water.

So, we're fine and dandy, thanks for asking. I'd post some photos up to prove it if I could manage to get Flickr to work, but don't hold your breath....

The only downsides so far are that I've just finished the last of the Yuengling beers that I found someone had left in the fridge, the wife managing to insert the H-word every time she opens her gob, and my favourite seafood restaurant, Merricks, has decided to shut from tomorrow as a precaution.

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12434
    Sounds like you can see a heavy front from where you are. 
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72720
    It's the British way of coping with disasters - sit tight somewhere with plenty of the right provisions and stay there until the danger is past.

Richard Branson has apparently survived his island having the eye of the hurricane pass right over it and destroying his house, by taking shelter in the wine cellar.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • And there we have it. British bulldog spirit and resourcefulness at it's finest, eh?

We've just been into the nearest boozer, which happens to be a craft beer brewery. What a total shithole, it was brilliant! The owner is a drummer who's sporting a cracking stutter, and there's a band set-up permanently in place for anyone who feels the urge, drums, amps, guitars, PA, the lot.

He's hellbent on sticking it out, and there's a band night tomorrow, so I think we might just swing by there, and fuck the hurricane. They do have white wine as well as about 20-odd beers, so the wife will be well catered for.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom